Authorities: Video poker making ‘back door’ return to SC
Within the past two weeks, Kershaw County authorities have seized 10 video machines that the Attorney General and State Law Enforcement Division agents consider illegal video poker machines. But, the company behind the machines tells WIS, they're legal and plan to fight for their machines in court.
Related Poker News:
- Cumberland Authorities Force Video Poker Operators to Fold
- Officers seize video poker machines
- 17 arrested in crackdown on illegal video poker machines
- N.C. agents seize $2M, at least 50 video video poker machines
- Video Poker: The straight flush
- Video Poker Operator Raided
- Video poker operator sent to prison, fined
- Video poker machines gone from VFW
- NC agents seize $2M, at least 50 video poker machines
- Authorities investigating businesses with video poker machines in S. Idaho
- Lawmen seize dozens of illegal video poker machines
- Two charged with video poker violations
Casino poker language:
- BET FOR VALUE - Betting a hand that, in the long run, is expected to win more than it loses. Antonym: BLUFF.
- PAT - Holding or being dealt a pat hand. "I'm pat" would mean "I don't want to draw any cards.
- ACTION - Money that is being bet. "NO ACTION" means a hand or game has few bettors and fewer raisers. "Gimme some action" is ostensibly a plea for calls and raises.
- FLAT CALL - To call a bet. Emphasizes that the caller did not raise.
- MISDEAL - A hand dealt incorrectly that must be re-dealt.
- ROYAL FLUSH - An ace-high straight flush, the best possible hand in regular poker.