Authorities: Video poker making ‘back door’ return to SC
Within the past two weeks, Kershaw County authorities have seized 10 video machines that the Attorney General and State Law Enforcement Division agents consider illegal video poker machines. But, the company behind the machines tells WIS, they're legal and plan to fight for their machines in court.
Related Poker News:
- Cumberland Authorities Force Video Poker Operators to Fold
- Officers seize video poker machines
- 17 arrested in crackdown on illegal video poker machines
- N.C. agents seize $2M, at least 50 video video poker machines
- Video Poker: The straight flush
- Video Poker Operator Raided
- Video poker operator sent to prison, fined
- Video poker machines gone from VFW
- NC agents seize $2M, at least 50 video poker machines
- Authorities investigating businesses with video poker machines in S. Idaho
- Lawmen seize dozens of illegal video poker machines
- Two charged with video poker violations
- BET FOR VALUE - Betting a hand that, in the long run, is expected to win more than it loses. Antonym: BLUFF.
- FIRE - To make the first bet in a betting round. Used to emphasize that the player bet when a check was possible, showing strength.
- COMPUTER HAND - Texas Hold'em hole cards of Q-7 offsuit. More generically, any hand that computer analysis/simulation determines is positive but turns out to be difficult to play in practice.
- TABLE STAKES - A standard rule whereby during a hand players can only bet the money they have on the table. If the bet to a player is more than the player's stack, that player may call with all his chips and be eligible to win only that portion of the pot he contributed to equally. A side pot is created, for which only the remaining players may compete.
- TIGHT -  A style of play that entails playing fewer hands than average. Antonym: LOOSE.  A FULL HOUSE.
- FLOP GAME - Any of a number of poker games where a flop is dealt.