Video poker king gets three-plus years in prison
Video poker king Casey Szaflarski may be a nice guy, but that doesn’t make him a good guy, a federal judge ruled Tuesday before sentencing him to more than three years behind bars.Szaflarski may have been a gentleman to people, including the bar owners where he placed the Chicago mob’s video poker machines, but only because he could afford to be, U.S. District Judge Ronald Guzman determined …
Related Poker News:
- Video poker king gets 40 months in prison
- Home bails out mob’s alleged ‘poker king’
- Video bingo grows after ban on video poker
- Video bingo grows after video poker is banned
- Video poker kingpin gets four more years in prison for gambling
- North Carolina Done With Video Poker
- Despite ban, video poker machines still seized
- Video bingo grows where video poker was banned
- Video poker industry headed toward slow fold
- Video poker king pleads guilty to gambling ring
- Video poker king target of federal investigation
- State taking gamble on video poker deal?
- STRAIGHT - A hand consisting of 5 cards in sequence but not in suit.
- REPRESENT - Implying, by one's betting style, that one has a particular hand.
- ON TILT - Playing worse (usually, more aggressively) than usual because a player has become emotionally upset.
- CRYING CALL - A call made with little chance of ultimately winning, but marginally better than an immediate fold.
- POT ODDS - The amount of money in the pot divided by the amount of money you must bet in order to call. Often used to determine if a pot offers enough reward to play on the come.
- STUCK - Down a nontrivial amount of money, as in "he's stuck $800".