Video poker king gets three-plus years in prison
Video poker king Casey Szaflarski may be a nice guy, but that doesn’t make him a good guy, a federal judge ruled Tuesday before sentencing him to more than three years behind bars.Szaflarski may have been a gentleman to people, including the bar owners where he placed the Chicago mob’s video poker machines, but only because he could afford to be, U.S. District Judge Ronald Guzman determined …
Related Poker News:
- Video poker king gets 40 months in prison
- Home bails out mob’s alleged ‘poker king’
- Video bingo grows after ban on video poker
- Video bingo grows after video poker is banned
- Video poker kingpin gets four more years in prison for gambling
- North Carolina Done With Video Poker
- Despite ban, video poker machines still seized
- Video bingo grows where video poker was banned
- Video poker industry headed toward slow fold
- Video poker king pleads guilty to gambling ring
- Video poker king target of federal investigation
- State taking gamble on video poker deal?
Useful poker terms:
- LIVE ONE - The best kind of opponent, a poor player with a lot of money to lose and in a hurry to lose it.
- CAP - To cap the betting is to make the last permitted raise in a round.
- ONE-EYED - The jack of hearts, jack of spades or king of diamonds. So named because the characters are drawn in profile, thus showing only one eye.
- PAY OFF - Calling a bet with little expectation of winning, unless the opponent is bluffing.
- ANTE - A small bet all players are required to make before a hand is dealt. Not all games have an ante. Related terms: BLIND, FORCED BET.
- POT LIMIT - A game where the maximum bet is determined by the size of the pot at the time. Note that a player wanting to raise first calls the bet, then totals the pot to determine the maximum amount he can raise.