Rep. Stephen Sandstrom Introduces Bill to Prevent Internet Gambling in Utah
Utah Rep. Stephen Sandstrom Introduces H.B. 108 to Prevent Internet Gambling in Utah if congress passes H.R. 1174, Internet Gambling Regulation, Consumer Protection & Enforcement Act.
Related Poker News:
- Tuff Fish Antes with California Online Poker Petition
- Anti-Online Poker Bill Attached to Defense
- Online Poker Sites Blocked in Israel
- New Poker Club in Gaywood
- Poker Book Review: ‘Deal Me In’ by Stephen John and Marvin Karlins
- Michael DiVita & Epic Poker’s Stephen Martin Speak Out
- ND Representative Wants to Legalize Online Poker
- ‘Limit poker hours to deter armed robberies, homicides’
- Gaming lawyer doubtful of legal online poker anytime soon
- Online Poker Bill Passes Congress
- Stephen Bokor Wins 2013 Battles at the Beach Main Event
- Anti Online Poker Bill Passes
- FIXED LIMIT - A betting structure where the amount of each bet is a specific fixed quantity. Usually specified as A-B, where A is the amount to bet in the first few betting rounds and B (larger than A) is the amount bet in the later rounds. Related terms: FLAT LIMIT, NO LIMIT, POT LIMIT, SPREAD LIMIT.
- STUCK - Down a nontrivial amount of money, as in "he's stuck $800".
- HOYLE - Edmund Hoyle (1769-?) was the authoritative source for rules of card games. Hoyle is to card rules as Webster is to word definitions.
- DRAWING DEAD - A draw in which it is impossible to obtain a winning hand for any of a variety of reasons: an opponent's hand is better than whatever you are drawing to, the card(s) that make your hand are out of play, or (in Hold'em) give an opponent a stronger hand even if it makes yours. Frequently used in the past tense, since one rarely knows it at the time.
- FOLD - To decline to call a bet, thus dropping out of a hand.
- BET - To put money into the pot, pursuant to the rules of the game, thus maintaining a chance of winning the pot.