Pai Gow Poker Progressive Hits for $148,962 Jackpot
PLACERVILLE, CA– - It was a winning weekend at Red Hawk Casino when one lucky Rewards Club member hit the Pai Gow Poker progressive jackpot for a $148,962 payout.George from Winton, Calif. was at Red …
Related Poker News:
- Progressive Gaming Mulls Asset Sale
- Progressive, Harrah’s partner on wireless casino poker
- Castle Technologies Inc. Releases White Paper On the Evolution of Online Poker and Progressive Jackpots
- Progressive Gaming Debuts World Series of Poker
- Harrah’s and Progressive Gaming International Team up for World Series of Poker
- Progressive Gaming Receives Gaming Laboratory International
- MansionCasino.com announces $28,000 Video Poker Progressive Jackpot Winner
- Progressive Gaming International and Harrah’s Team Up to Offer New Server-Based Game: The World Series of Poker
- Progressive Gaming International and Harrah’s Team Up to Offer New Server-Based
- Poker Choice
- Titan Poker Seeks Talented Player to Claim Record $125,000 Rio Jackpot Prize
- Mighty Jackpot Action Coming to Titan Poker in August
- OVERCALL - To call a bet after one or more players already called.
- OPENER - The player who opens the betting, especially in draw poker. A hand may have no openers, in which case it is PASSED OUT, i.e., new hands are dealt.
- INSIDE STRAIGHT - Four cards to a straight, where only one rank will complete the hand. E.g., 4-5-6-8 is an inside straight since only a 7 will fill (i.e., complete) the hand. Often called a GUT-SHOT. Compare: BOBTAIL STRAIGHT, OPEN-ENDED STRAIGHT.
- STRING BET - An unethical and often illegal means of raising whereby a player puts a call-size stack of chips into the pot and, after observing the reactions of the players, then goes back to his stack and puts out more, thus raising.
- BURN - To discard the top card of the deck prior to dealing, usually done for every dealing round except the first. The theory being that if somehow the cards are marked (illegally) no one will know what card will next be dealt, only what card will be burned. This makes marked cards less of an advantage, hence tends to reduce cheating.
- FLAT CALL - To call a bet. Emphasizes that the caller did not raise.