Pressure mounts for online poker in Iowa
DES MOINES — Proponents seeking to rein in the unregulated “wild, wild West” environment of illegal online poker in Iowa are girding for another legislative battle this year, while critics worry about a new gaming expansion that could spread addictive forms of electronic gambling from casinos to living rooms. Iowans on both sides of the […]
Related Poker News:
- Ladbrokes confirms interest in 888.com
- The Nightly Turbo: Online Poker Study in Iowa, ESPN’s The Nuts, and More
- Iowa takes a step toward legalizing some online poker
- Pollard: Iowa-ISU rivalry ‘a chess match’
- Iowa Senator to Draft Bill for Intrastate Online Poker
- Study: Iowa online poker could earn up to $13M
- Retired Iowa man wins $437,000 in poker tournament
- Study: Iowa poker could earn up to $13M
- Lobbyist Matt Eide Explains Status of Online Poker in Iowa
- The Nightly Turbo: Iowa Senator Supports Online Poker, Galfond Calls for Change, and More
- Online poker bill clears Iowa Senate panel
- Report: Worth of online poker could approach $13 million a year for Iowa
Casino poker language:
- IMPLIED ODDS - A refinement to POT ODDS which includes money not yet in the pot. Considers the potential extra bets and winnings made when a player forms a very good hand.
- OPEN-ENDED STRAIGHT - Four cards to a straight which can be completed by drawing a card at either end. E.g., 6-7-8-9 is an open-ended straight. Also: BOBTAIL STRAIGHT. Compare: INSIDE STRAIGHT.
- TOP TWO PAIR - In flop games, having hole cards that make the highest possible two pair hand.
- POT LIMIT - A game where the maximum bet is determined by the size of the pot at the time. Note that a player wanting to raise first calls the bet, then totals the pot to determine the maximum amount he can raise.
- ROYAL FLUSH - An ace-high straight flush, the best possible hand in regular poker.
- FLOP -  In Hold'em, the first three community cards, dealt simultaneously.  To deal a flop, or to make a hand on a flop. "I flopped trips".