Pressure mounts for online poker in Iowa
DES MOINES — Proponents seeking to rein in the unregulated “wild, wild West” environment of illegal online poker in Iowa are girding for another legislative battle this year, while critics worry about a new gaming expansion that could spread addictive forms of electronic gambling from casinos to living rooms. Iowans on both sides of the […]
Related Poker News:
- Ladbrokes confirms interest in 888.com
- The Nightly Turbo: Online Poker Study in Iowa, ESPN’s The Nuts, and More
- Iowa takes a step toward legalizing some online poker
- Pollard: Iowa-ISU rivalry ‘a chess match’
- Iowa Senator to Draft Bill for Intrastate Online Poker
- Study: Iowa online poker could earn up to $13M
- Retired Iowa man wins $437,000 in poker tournament
- Study: Iowa poker could earn up to $13M
- Lobbyist Matt Eide Explains Status of Online Poker in Iowa
- The Nightly Turbo: Iowa Senator Supports Online Poker, Galfond Calls for Change, and More
- Online poker bill clears Iowa Senate panel
- Report: Worth of online poker could approach $13 million a year for Iowa
- EDGE - An advantage over an opponent, either specific or subjective.
- DRAW -  A class of poker games characterized by players being dealt 5 cards face-down and later having the opportunity to replace some of the original 5. "Draw poker" and "Five-card draw" are examples of usage.  In stud and Hold'em games, the set of cards that will be dealt later can be collectively called "the draw".  To discard some number of cards and have dealt an equal number of replacements.
- TOP PAIR - In flop games, having a hole card that matches the highest card on the board.
- INSIDE STRAIGHT - Four cards to a straight, where only one rank will complete the hand. E.g., 4-5-6-8 is an inside straight since only a 7 will fill (i.e., complete) the hand. Often called a GUT-SHOT. Compare: BOBTAIL STRAIGHT, OPEN-ENDED STRAIGHT.
- SPLIT [THE POT] - To split the pot between two or more players. Related term: QUARTER.
- BAD GAME - Any game in which you figure to be the loser, because the other players are better than you.