Pressure mounts for online poker in Iowa
DES MOINES — Proponents seeking to rein in the unregulated “wild, wild West” environment of illegal online poker in Iowa are girding for another legislative battle this year, while critics worry about a new gaming expansion that could spread addictive forms of electronic gambling from casinos to living rooms. Iowans on both sides of the […]
Related Poker News:
- Ladbrokes confirms interest in 888.com
- The Nightly Turbo: Online Poker Study in Iowa, ESPN’s The Nuts, and More
- Iowa takes a step toward legalizing some online poker
- Pollard: Iowa-ISU rivalry ‘a chess match’
- Iowa Senator to Draft Bill for Intrastate Online Poker
- Study: Iowa online poker could earn up to $13M
- Retired Iowa man wins $437,000 in poker tournament
- Study: Iowa poker could earn up to $13M
- Lobbyist Matt Eide Explains Status of Online Poker in Iowa
- The Nightly Turbo: Iowa Senator Supports Online Poker, Galfond Calls for Change, and More
- Online poker bill clears Iowa Senate panel
- Report: Worth of online poker could approach $13 million a year for Iowa
- ROLLED UP - In seven-card stud, being dealt three of a kind in the first three cards.
- LOCK - A hand that cannot be beat under any circumstances. Also: NUTS.
- STRAIGHT - A hand consisting of 5 cards in sequence but not in suit.
- BET - To put money into the pot, pursuant to the rules of the game, thus maintaining a chance of winning the pot.
- CALLER - One who calls. Sometimes used collectively, as in "3 callers".
- FLAT LIMIT - A variant of fixed limit where all bets are the same amount.