Pressure mounts for online poker in Iowa
DES MOINES — Proponents seeking to rein in the unregulated “wild, wild West” environment of illegal online poker in Iowa are girding for another legislative battle this year, while critics worry about a new gaming expansion that could spread addictive forms of electronic gambling from casinos to living rooms. Iowans on both sides of the […]
Related Poker News:
- Ladbrokes confirms interest in 888.com
- The Nightly Turbo: Online Poker Study in Iowa, ESPN’s The Nuts, and More
- Iowa takes a step toward legalizing some online poker
- Pollard: Iowa-ISU rivalry ‘a chess match’
- Iowa Senator to Draft Bill for Intrastate Online Poker
- Study: Iowa online poker could earn up to $13M
- Retired Iowa man wins $437,000 in poker tournament
- Study: Iowa poker could earn up to $13M
- Lobbyist Matt Eide Explains Status of Online Poker in Iowa
- The Nightly Turbo: Iowa Senator Supports Online Poker, Galfond Calls for Change, and More
- Online poker bill clears Iowa Senate panel
- Report: Worth of online poker could approach $13 million a year for Iowa
- DEAD MAN'S HAND - Generically: two pair, aces and eights. Specifically: the black aces, black eights and nine of diamonds. The hand Wild Bill Hickok was holding when he was shot to death.
- TAP - In no-limit games, to wager all of one's money in one bet.
- TURN - The fourth community card in Hold'em.
- FAVORITE - Before all the cards are dealt, a hand that figures to be the winner. Ant: UNDERDOG.
- RIVER - The last card dealt in a hand of stud or Hold'em.
- BRODERICK CRAWFORD - In Hold'em, hole cards of 10-4. From the 1950s TV series "Highway Patrol", starring Broderick Crawford.