Inside Gaming: What’s in a Name? Sands, Plaza, Tropicana All Debating Changes
This week’s edition of Inside Gaming will give you the scoop on some possible name changes coming to familiar Las Vegas resorts and companies, and more.
Related Poker News:
- Inside Gaming: Sands Court Report, Gaming Stock Talk, and Movement in Mobile Gaming
- Inside Gaming: Global Headline Roundup
- Inside Gaming: New TV Deal for WPT, New Partner for $3.9 Billion Vegas Hotel, and New Hope for Aging Riviera
- Inside Gaming: Macau Thriving, Possible Illinois Gaming Expansion, and More
- Inside Gaming: German and Greek Gaming Proposals, Caesars’ Arena Proposal, and More
- Inside Gaming: Wynn’s SEC Investigation, LV Strip Posts 5% Gaming Growth, and More
- Inside Gaming International Edition: Asian Investments, Ecuador Gambling Ban, and More
- Inside Gaming: LV Mob Drama, MGM Goes Bollywood, and Sportingbet Leaves Turkey
- Inside Gaming: Union vs. UFC, Plaza Reopening, and August Stock Slump
- Inside Gaming Las Vegas Edition: Landmark WSOP Bets, May Gaming Win, and Unsound Tower
- Inside Gaming: Macau to the Rescue
- Inside Gaming: Italy and Macau Thrive, the US Online Gaming Association and Bingo at Binion’s
- DEAD MONEY - Money contributed to the pot by players who have folded.
- LIVE ONE - The best kind of opponent, a poor player with a lot of money to lose and in a hurry to lose it.
- TAPPED [OUT] - Out of money. Can refer to a player running out of money in the course of a hand, thus still active for the main pot; or can refer to a player who has lost his bankroll and can no longer play.
- DRAW -  A class of poker games characterized by players being dealt 5 cards face-down and later having the opportunity to replace some of the original 5. "Draw poker" and "Five-card draw" are examples of usage.  In stud and Hold'em games, the set of cards that will be dealt later can be collectively called "the draw".  To discard some number of cards and have dealt an equal number of replacements.
- FREE CARD - A card dealt after all players checked in a betting round.
- ROLLED UP - In seven-card stud, being dealt three of a kind in the first three cards.