Inside Gaming: What’s in a Name? Sands, Plaza, Tropicana All Debating Changes
This week’s edition of Inside Gaming will give you the scoop on some possible name changes coming to familiar Las Vegas resorts and companies, and more.
Related Poker News:
- Inside Gaming: Sands Court Report, Gaming Stock Talk, and Movement in Mobile Gaming
- Inside Gaming: Global Headline Roundup
- Inside Gaming: New TV Deal for WPT, New Partner for $3.9 Billion Vegas Hotel, and New Hope for Aging Riviera
- Inside Gaming: Macau Thriving, Possible Illinois Gaming Expansion, and More
- Inside Gaming: German and Greek Gaming Proposals, Caesars’ Arena Proposal, and More
- Inside Gaming: Wynn’s SEC Investigation, LV Strip Posts 5% Gaming Growth, and More
- Inside Gaming International Edition: Asian Investments, Ecuador Gambling Ban, and More
- Inside Gaming: LV Mob Drama, MGM Goes Bollywood, and Sportingbet Leaves Turkey
- Inside Gaming: Union vs. UFC, Plaza Reopening, and August Stock Slump
- Inside Gaming Las Vegas Edition: Landmark WSOP Bets, May Gaming Win, and Unsound Tower
- Inside Gaming: Macau to the Rescue
- Inside Gaming: Italy and Macau Thrive, the US Online Gaming Association and Bingo at Binion’s
- ONE-EYED - The jack of hearts, jack of spades or king of diamonds. So named because the characters are drawn in profile, thus showing only one eye.
- FIXED LIMIT - A betting structure where the amount of each bet is a specific fixed quantity. Usually specified as A-B, where A is the amount to bet in the first few betting rounds and B (larger than A) is the amount bet in the later rounds. Related terms: FLAT LIMIT, NO LIMIT, POT LIMIT, SPREAD LIMIT.
- EXPECTATION - The long-run [dis-]advantage of a given situation, specifically without reference to any particular outcome. I.e., what you figure to win [lose] on average after a large number of repetitions of the same situation.
- BUTTON CHARGE - A periodic fee paid by whoever is the button, perhaps every 20 minutes or 30 minutes. Constitutes part or all of the HOUSE CUT.
- MISDEAL - A hand dealt incorrectly that must be re-dealt.
- GUT SHOT - A draw to an inside straight, as in 2-3-4-6.