Inside Gaming: What’s in a Name? Sands, Plaza, Tropicana All Debating Changes
This week’s edition of Inside Gaming will give you the scoop on some possible name changes coming to familiar Las Vegas resorts and companies, and more.
Related Poker News:
- Inside Gaming: Sands Court Report, Gaming Stock Talk, and Movement in Mobile Gaming
- Inside Gaming: Global Headline Roundup
- Inside Gaming: New TV Deal for WPT, New Partner for $3.9 Billion Vegas Hotel, and New Hope for Aging Riviera
- Inside Gaming: Macau Thriving, Possible Illinois Gaming Expansion, and More
- Inside Gaming: German and Greek Gaming Proposals, Caesars’ Arena Proposal, and More
- Inside Gaming: Wynn’s SEC Investigation, LV Strip Posts 5% Gaming Growth, and More
- Inside Gaming International Edition: Asian Investments, Ecuador Gambling Ban, and More
- Inside Gaming: LV Mob Drama, MGM Goes Bollywood, and Sportingbet Leaves Turkey
- Inside Gaming: Union vs. UFC, Plaza Reopening, and August Stock Slump
- Inside Gaming Las Vegas Edition: Landmark WSOP Bets, May Gaming Win, and Unsound Tower
- Inside Gaming: Macau to the Rescue
- Inside Gaming: Italy and Macau Thrive, the US Online Gaming Association and Bingo at Binion’s
- SET - In Hold'em, three of a kind where two of the cards are hole cards.
- CRYING CALL - A call made with little chance of ultimately winning, but marginally better than an immediate fold.
- OMAHA - A variant of Hold'em where each player receives 4 hole cards and must use exactly two of them (together with 3 of 5 board cards) to make a hand. Often played high-low split with an 8 qualifier for low.
- STACKED [DECK] - A deck that has been arranged to give one player a huge advantage. Also: RIGGED.
- RAIL - A barrier dividing the card playing area from a public area.
- DECLARE - In high/low games, declaring one's hand as high or low or both ways (usually done with chips in hand). Usually played in home games; casinos tend to play CARDS SPEAK.