Online Poker Banned in South Africa
August 31 - The SA media is also banned from advertising any form of online gambling.
Related Poker News:
- Poker boom hits home in South Africa
- US player wins SA poker event
- Online Poker Bill Under Fire in South Africa
- Online Poker Likely Legal in South Africa
- Online Poker Now Legal in South Africa
- New Bill Legalizes Gambling ins South Africa
- South Africa Looks to Make Internet Poker Legal
- Online Poker Room Sends Players to South Africa
- South Africa Considers Online Casino Legalisation
- World Series of Poker Heads to South Africa
- No Power Puts Hurt on Online Poker Players
- Poker Pro Europe Magazine Expands Distribution into South Africa
Useful poker information:
- TOP PAIR - In flop games, having a hole card that matches the highest card on the board.
- STAND OFF - To call a raise. "Opener raises, I stand off".
- PAY OFF - Calling a bet with little expectation of winning, unless the opponent is bluffing.
- DRAW OUT - To catch a card that improves your situation from a losing hand to a winning hand, especially when you beat someone holding a hand that usually figures to win.
- BAD-BEAT JACKPOT - In some cardrooms, a prize that is shared by the players in a game, when a very good hand (usually Aces full, or better) is beaten by a higher hand. Jackpots are usually financed by taking a drop ($1 is a common amount) from every pot. A typical division of the jackpot will give the losing hand 50 %, the winning hand 25 %, and the other players at the table share the remaining 25 % of the Jackpot.
- DOUBLE BELLY BUSTER - A two-way inside straight. E.g., 3-5-6-7-9.