Online Poker Banned in South Africa
August 31 - The SA media is also banned from advertising any form of online gambling.
Related Poker News:
- Poker boom hits home in South Africa
- US player wins SA poker event
- Online Poker Bill Under Fire in South Africa
- Online Poker Likely Legal in South Africa
- Online Poker Now Legal in South Africa
- New Bill Legalizes Gambling ins South Africa
- South Africa Looks to Make Internet Poker Legal
- Online Poker Room Sends Players to South Africa
- South Africa Considers Online Casino Legalisation
- World Series of Poker Heads to South Africa
- No Power Puts Hurt on Online Poker Players
- Poker Pro Europe Magazine Expands Distribution into South Africa
Useful poker information:
- SEMI-BLUFF - To bluff with a come hand that figures to win if it hits.
- ROLLED UP - In seven-card stud, being dealt three of a kind in the first three cards.
- GUT SHOT - A draw to an inside straight, as in 2-3-4-6.
- CUT - To break the deck into 2 stacks of at least 5 cards each. Usually performed by the player to the dealer's right to insure that the the deck is not stacked.
- FIXED LIMIT - A betting structure where the amount of each bet is a specific fixed quantity. Usually specified as A-B, where A is the amount to bet in the first few betting rounds and B (larger than A) is the amount bet in the later rounds. Related terms: FLAT LIMIT, NO LIMIT, POT LIMIT, SPREAD LIMIT.
- CHECK RAISE - To check initially, then raise a bet made later on in the same betting round. Frequently a sign of strength, but may be a bluff.