Online Poker Banned in South Africa
August 31 - The SA media is also banned from advertising any form of online gambling.
Related Poker News:
- Poker boom hits home in South Africa
- US player wins SA poker event
- Online Poker Bill Under Fire in South Africa
- Online Poker Likely Legal in South Africa
- Online Poker Now Legal in South Africa
- New Bill Legalizes Gambling ins South Africa
- South Africa Looks to Make Internet Poker Legal
- Online Poker Room Sends Players to South Africa
- South Africa Considers Online Casino Legalisation
- World Series of Poker Heads to South Africa
- No Power Puts Hurt on Online Poker Players
- Poker Pro Europe Magazine Expands Distribution into South Africa
- BACK DOOR - Applies to a hand that was made in the last card or two, specifically not a hand the player was originally planning on having. Most often applied to straights and flushes.
- FIFTH STREET - In stud poker, the fifth card to be dealt to each player. Sometimes used to refer to the last card dealt in Hold'em, although the more common term for this is RIVER (q.v.).
- BIG BOBTAIL - An open-ended 4-card straight flush.
- PASSED OUT. - A hand in which nobody opens. What happens next is a function of the game being played.
- CUT - To break the deck into 2 stacks of at least 5 cards each. Usually performed by the player to the dealer's right to insure that the the deck is not stacked.
- ACTION - Money that is being bet. "NO ACTION" means a hand or game has few bettors and fewer raisers. "Gimme some action" is ostensibly a plea for calls and raises.