Online Poker Banned in South Africa
August 31 - The SA media is also banned from advertising any form of online gambling.
Related Poker News:
- Poker boom hits home in South Africa
- US player wins SA poker event
- Online Poker Bill Under Fire in South Africa
- Online Poker Likely Legal in South Africa
- Online Poker Now Legal in South Africa
- New Bill Legalizes Gambling ins South Africa
- South Africa Looks to Make Internet Poker Legal
- Online Poker Room Sends Players to South Africa
- South Africa Considers Online Casino Legalisation
- World Series of Poker Heads to South Africa
- No Power Puts Hurt on Online Poker Players
- Poker Pro Europe Magazine Expands Distribution into South Africa
Casino poker language:
- LAY ODDS - To give favorable odds to an opponent.
- FILL - To draw a card that makes a five-card hand (straight, flush, full house, straight flush).
- BUTTON CHARGE - A periodic fee paid by whoever is the button, perhaps every 20 minutes or 30 minutes. Constitutes part or all of the HOUSE CUT.
- TABLE STAKES - A standard rule whereby during a hand players can only bet the money they have on the table. If the bet to a player is more than the player's stack, that player may call with all his chips and be eligible to win only that portion of the pot he contributed to equally. A side pot is created, for which only the remaining players may compete.
- RING GAME - A standard game where players can come and go as they choose. The opposite of TOURNAMENT.
- BRODERICK CRAWFORD - In Hold'em, hole cards of 10-4. From the 1950s TV series "Highway Patrol", starring Broderick Crawford.