Jonathan Duhamel Prop Bet
Jonathan Duhamel is the chip leader among the November Nine this year heading into the 2010 World Series of Poker Main Event final table. Duhamel hails from Montreal, Quebec in Canada and was on hand at the Foxwoods Resort and Casino for their recent tournament promotion. While there he met up with Poker News Daily correspondent Bernard Lee. The two talked and Lee found out that Duhamel likes to conduct a prop bet with his friends that travel with him over just about any debate that might come up during the trip. The way they settle the debate is through a game of Rock, Scissors, Paper. The winner gets their way with the argument and Bernard Lee was on hand to capture the latest in these high-stakes bets.
At stake in this prop bet, against Duhamel’s good friend Vincent, is who gets to sleep in the nice bed while the lose must take the bed that is next to the window. The two played a best of three edition of Rock, Scissors, Paper and Duhamel explains why him and his friends always prop bet anything they possibly can.
For those of you born in a cave, the game of Rock, Scissors, Paper is one often played by children or drunks trying to determine who is stuck with the bar tab. The game is simple, you “bounce” your hand while counting to three and when you say three out loud, you form your hand into a rock, scissors or paper. Rock defeats scissors. Scissors defeats paper. Paper defeats rock. Often times the game is referred to as rochambeaux.
Duhamel is currently sponsored by the world’s largest poker site, PokerStars. Previous to his amazing WSOP Main Event run, he bubbled the final table of the No Limit Hold’em EPT Championship in Prague for $55,000. He also cashed at the 2010 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure Main Event and qualified for the 2010 World Series of Poker Main Event through an online qualifier at PokerStars.
Bernard Lee is the official spokesperson for Foxwoods Casino and can also be seen on the ESPN.com web show “The Inside Deal”.
Related Poker News:
- Bail Hearings Under Way in Jonathan Duhamel Robbery Case
- Seat Open with Jonathan Duhamel
- Poker champ Jonathan Duhamel beaten, robbed
- 2010 World Series of Poker November Nine: Interview with PokerStars Pro Jonathan Duhamel
- Seat Open with Jonathan Duhamel Part Two
- Jonathan Duhamel Gives Advice for the 2011 WSOP November Nine
- Jonathan Duhamel Puts 2011 Behind Him, Crushes 2012 PCA
- Bail hearings in robbery of poker champ Jonathan Duhamel
- Was Jonathan Duhamel Lucky?
- Poker champ Jonathan Duhamel briefly sent to hospital after home invasion
- Four in Custody Charged With Assaulting, Robbing Duhamel
- 2010 World Series of Poker: A Sit-Down with WSOP Champion Jonathan Duhamel Part 1
- MAIN POT - The main pot, as related to one or more side pots, when there are one or more all-in player(s). The main pot is the one in which all active players participate.
- LEAK - To show one's hole cards (often unknowingly).
- BUTTON - A distinctive token held by the player sitting in the theoretical dealer's position, when a house dealer is used. The button rotates around the table so that every player has an opportunity to be the last to act. Also, "THE BUTTON" can refer to the player who currently has the button. ("I was the button and called the blind".) Synonyms: BUCK, PUCK.
- RERAISE - To raise after an opponent has raised.
- BET - To put money into the pot, pursuant to the rules of the game, thus maintaining a chance of winning the pot.
- HOYLE - Edmund Hoyle (1769-?) was the authoritative source for rules of card games. Hoyle is to card rules as Webster is to word definitions.