Best Tournament Series for Smaller-Stakes Players
Not everyone is blessed with million-dollar bankrolls or sponsorship deals that allow them to play the high buy-in events around the world. Heck, some of us wouldn’t even splurge on a single $10,000 event simply because it’s too much to risk…
Related Poker News:
- 22 players commit to play $1M buy-in World Series of Poker tournament; makes bracelet official
- 22 commit to play $1M buy-in poker tournament
- 22 players commit to play $1M buy-in WSOP tourney
- ESPNs Plan to Reinvigorate World Series of Poker Coverage
- World Series Of Poker: Tournament of Champions Reviewed by Gamer Crowd
- World Series of Poker crown worth roughly $9M
- Freeroll Poker Tournament Series Announced by WinAllPoker.com
- PokerStars Announces MicroMillions Tournament Series
- World Series of Poker to host ‘All-Star Game’ this summer
- Final 2007 World Series of Poker free-roll tournament is Saturday
- 22 Players Confirmed for $1 Million Buy-In Tournament at 2012 World Series Of Poker
- Poker770 $10,000 Guaranteed Tournament Series
- RAKE - Money taken from each pot and given to the house in return for hosting the game. Usually a percentage of the pot (5%-10%) up to some maximum amount.
- DEALER'S CHOICE - In home games, a rule that permits the dealer to name which poker game to be played that hand. Often limited to selecting from a list provided.
- BET - To put money into the pot, pursuant to the rules of the game, thus maintaining a chance of winning the pot.
- TRIP - Three of a specific kind, as in "Trip sixes".
- OMAHA - A variant of Hold'em where each player receives 4 hole cards and must use exactly two of them (together with 3 of 5 board cards) to make a hand. Often played high-low split with an 8 qualifier for low.
- BOAT - A FULL HOUSE, three of a kind and a pair.