The “durrrr” Challenge: Daniel “jungleman12” Cates Increases Lead to $692,000
Tom “durrrr” Dwan and Daniel “jungleman12” Cates battled again Monday. See how Jungleman12 increased his lead over Dwan to nearly $700,000 in just two sessions.
Related Poker News:
- The “durrrr Challenge”: Cates Takes Another $39,797 From Dwan
- Daniel “Jungleman” Cates Issues Challenge to the World
- The “durrrr Challenge”: Blink and You Missed It - Cates Extends Lead After Two Quick Sessions
- The “durrrr Challenge”: Cates Extends Lead With $319K Winning Session
- The Nightly Turbo: 888 Partners with WMS, Cates Awards WSOP Main Event Seat, and More
- Sounding Off: Liebert’s Tweets, Cates’ Challenge, & Hellmuth’s Charity Event
- The “durrrr Challenge”: Cates Adds $270,000 to Lead Over Dwan
- The “durrrr” Challenge: Short Session Goes Cates’ Way
- Online Poker Spotlight: Daniel “Jungleman12″ Cates
- The “durrrr Challenge” Update: Dwan Gets Back Another $63,000
- Durrrr Challenge Action on Black Friday
- The Nightly Turbo: The Life of Daniel “jungleman12″ Cates, Wynn Classic Results, and More
Casino poker language:
- BLANK - Used in describing stud and Hold'em games. Refers to a dealt card that does not offer any value; stating the actual rank and suit would detract from a description of the hand. "The last card was a blank.".
- NUT / NUTS - The best possible hand of a given class. Not a LOCK unless all cards have been dealt. The "nut flush" is the highest possible flush, but might still lose to, e.g., a full house. Usually used in Hold'em games.
- BAD-BEAT JACKPOT - In some cardrooms, a prize that is shared by the players in a game, when a very good hand (usually Aces full, or better) is beaten by a higher hand. Jackpots are usually financed by taking a drop ($1 is a common amount) from every pot. A typical division of the jackpot will give the losing hand 50 %, the winning hand 25 %, and the other players at the table share the remaining 25 % of the Jackpot.
- SIDE POT - When an active player runs out of money during the course of a hand, the remaining players participate in a second or SIDE POT for the rest of the hand. Additional side pots are possible if several players run out of money at different points in a hand.
- BICYCLE - The best possible low hand: A-2-3-4-5. More common term: WHEEL.
- DRAW -  A class of poker games characterized by players being dealt 5 cards face-down and later having the opportunity to replace some of the original 5. "Draw poker" and "Five-card draw" are examples of usage.  In stud and Hold'em games, the set of cards that will be dealt later can be collectively called "the draw".  To discard some number of cards and have dealt an equal number of replacements.