The “durrrr” Challenge: Daniel “jungleman12” Cates Increases Lead to $692,000
Tom “durrrr” Dwan and Daniel “jungleman12” Cates battled again Monday. See how Jungleman12 increased his lead over Dwan to nearly $700,000 in just two sessions.
Related Poker News:
- The “durrrr Challenge”: Cates Takes Another $39,797 From Dwan
- Daniel “Jungleman” Cates Issues Challenge to the World
- The “durrrr Challenge”: Blink and You Missed It - Cates Extends Lead After Two Quick Sessions
- The “durrrr Challenge”: Cates Extends Lead With $319K Winning Session
- The Nightly Turbo: 888 Partners with WMS, Cates Awards WSOP Main Event Seat, and More
- Sounding Off: Liebert’s Tweets, Cates’ Challenge, & Hellmuth’s Charity Event
- The “durrrr Challenge”: Cates Adds $270,000 to Lead Over Dwan
- The “durrrr” Challenge: Short Session Goes Cates’ Way
- Online Poker Spotlight: Daniel “Jungleman12″ Cates
- The “durrrr Challenge” Update: Dwan Gets Back Another $63,000
- Durrrr Challenge Action on Black Friday
- The Nightly Turbo: The Life of Daniel “jungleman12″ Cates, Wynn Classic Results, and More
Useful poker terms:
- EXPECTATION - The long-run [dis-]advantage of a given situation, specifically without reference to any particular outcome. I.e., what you figure to win [lose] on average after a large number of repetitions of the same situation.
- FREEROLL -  A poker tournament that does not charge a buy-in fee; players must earn buy-in credits through previous play at the same establishment.  Having a lock on part of a pot (sure to win a greater fraction of the pot than one is betting) and playing to win more or all of it.
- INSIDE STRAIGHT - Four cards to a straight, where only one rank will complete the hand. E.g., 4-5-6-8 is an inside straight since only a 7 will fill (i.e., complete) the hand. Often called a GUT-SHOT. Compare: BOBTAIL STRAIGHT, OPEN-ENDED STRAIGHT.
- JOKER - A 53rd card in the deck, distinct from the others, used as a wild card or as a BUG.
- SUICIDE KING - King of Hearts. So named because in the drawing the king appears to be stabbing himself in the head.
- RAISE - To wager more than the minimum required to call, forcing other players to put in more money as well.