UBOC5: Déjà Vu for Billy Kopp in UBOC5 Championship; Charlie “CHAZ_MAN_C” Combes Claims Title
For the past week and a half, UltimateBet and Absolute Poker, hosted the fifth installment of the Ultimate Bet Online Poker Championship Series. The UBOC5 consisted of twenty tournaments offering a combined $4 million in guaranteed prize money. On…
Related Poker News:
- Online Poker Spotlight: Billy Kopp
- Billy Kopp Signs with Ultimate Bet
- UK student Billy Kopp finishes 12th in World Series of Poker
- UK student Billy Kopp in top 18 at World Series of Poker; get updates
- UK student Billy Kopp in top 14 at World Series of Poker; get updates
- Poker star decides between UK or going pro
- Darvin Moon vs. Billy Kopp: The $45 Million Dollar Hand Revisited
- NKY student winning at poker
- Poker beats UK for Billy Kopp
- The Nightly Turbo: Shaq Plays Poker, Billy Kopp Signs with UB, and More
- UB Online Championship Awards: A Look at the Best Performances From UBOC 6
- UK student leads World Series of Poker
Useful poker terms:
- DEAD MONEY - Money contributed to the pot by players who have folded.
- FORCED BET - In some stud games a player may be required to make a bet to start the action on the first card. This is similar conceptually to blinds and antes, but in this case is dependent on the cards shown rather than player position. Usually the weakest hand is forced to bet.
- HIT - To make a hand or catch a card or cards that improves one's hand. "I hit a gut-shot draw on the river."
- BET - To put money into the pot, pursuant to the rules of the game, thus maintaining a chance of winning the pot.
- RAGS - Board cards that are small, not suited and not in sequence, e.g., 9-5-2. When "rags flop", it is unlikely that anyone has a good hand, except possibly the big blind in an unraised pot.
- SPLIT [THE POT] - To split the pot between two or more players. Related term: QUARTER.