UBOC5: Déjà Vu for Billy Kopp in UBOC5 Championship; Charlie “CHAZ_MAN_C” Combes Claims Title
For the past week and a half, UltimateBet and Absolute Poker, hosted the fifth installment of the Ultimate Bet Online Poker Championship Series. The UBOC5 consisted of twenty tournaments offering a combined $4 million in guaranteed prize money. On…
Related Poker News:
- Online Poker Spotlight: Billy Kopp
- Billy Kopp Signs with Ultimate Bet
- UK student Billy Kopp finishes 12th in World Series of Poker
- UK student Billy Kopp in top 18 at World Series of Poker; get updates
- UK student Billy Kopp in top 14 at World Series of Poker; get updates
- Poker star decides between UK or going pro
- Darvin Moon vs. Billy Kopp: The $45 Million Dollar Hand Revisited
- NKY student winning at poker
- Poker beats UK for Billy Kopp
- The Nightly Turbo: Shaq Plays Poker, Billy Kopp Signs with UB, and More
- UB Online Championship Awards: A Look at the Best Performances From UBOC 6
- UK student leads World Series of Poker
- QUARTER -  Twenty-five dollars, often symbolized by a green casino chip.  To divide half a pot between two tying hands. In split pot games, a player who "ties" another player for their half of the pot is said to be "quartered". One might say "I didn't bet my A-2 because I figured I'd get quartered".
- BIG BLIND - A blind bet, usually a raise of an earlier blind which would be called the SMALL BLIND. In limit poker, the BIG BLIND is usually the size of the minimum bet on the first round of betting.
- FREEROLL -  A poker tournament that does not charge a buy-in fee; players must earn buy-in credits through previous play at the same establishment.  Having a lock on part of a pot (sure to win a greater fraction of the pot than one is betting) and playing to win more or all of it.
- POT LIMIT - A game where the maximum bet is determined by the size of the pot at the time. Note that a player wanting to raise first calls the bet, then totals the pot to determine the maximum amount he can raise.
- OPENER - The player who opens the betting, especially in draw poker. A hand may have no openers, in which case it is PASSED OUT, i.e., new hands are dealt.
- FLOORMAN - The casino representative in charge of the card room or a section of a card room. Arbitrates disputes when unusual events happen.