UBOC5: Déjà Vu for Billy Kopp in UBOC5 Championship; Charlie “CHAZ_MAN_C” Combes Claims Title
For the past week and a half, UltimateBet and Absolute Poker, hosted the fifth installment of the Ultimate Bet Online Poker Championship Series. The UBOC5 consisted of twenty tournaments offering a combined $4 million in guaranteed prize money. On…
Related Poker News:
- Online Poker Spotlight: Billy Kopp
- Billy Kopp Signs with Ultimate Bet
- UK student Billy Kopp finishes 12th in World Series of Poker
- UK student Billy Kopp in top 18 at World Series of Poker; get updates
- UK student Billy Kopp in top 14 at World Series of Poker; get updates
- Poker star decides between UK or going pro
- Darvin Moon vs. Billy Kopp: The $45 Million Dollar Hand Revisited
- NKY student winning at poker
- Poker beats UK for Billy Kopp
- The Nightly Turbo: Shaq Plays Poker, Billy Kopp Signs with UB, and More
- UB Online Championship Awards: A Look at the Best Performances From UBOC 6
- UK student leads World Series of Poker
- BUTTON CHARGE - A periodic fee paid by whoever is the button, perhaps every 20 minutes or 30 minutes. Constitutes part or all of the HOUSE CUT.
- OVER - A term used in describing two pair or a full house. "Kings over tens" means two pair, kings and tens. "Jacks over", also "Jacks up" describes a hand that is two pair: Jacks with an unspecified lower pair. Also used to describe a full house, distinguishing the three of a kind from the pair. The hand J-J-J-A-A could be described as "Full house, Jacks over Aces".
- CHASE - To continue in a hand, often at poor odds, in the hopes of catching a much better hand. "He called, chasing the flush.".
- EXPECTATION - The long-run [dis-]advantage of a given situation, specifically without reference to any particular outcome. I.e., what you figure to win [lose] on average after a large number of repetitions of the same situation.
- OFFSUIT - Not of the same suit. "I held A-Q offsuit" or "The flop was 10-6-2 offsuit". When speaking of 5 or more cards, not all/ of the same suit, i.e., no flush, as in "button had A-K-10-8-7 offsuit."
- COLD CALL - Calling both a bet and raise at the same time, as opposed to calling a bet then later calling a raise made after the call.