The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour on FSN, World Series of Poker Coverage Continues, and More
We know you’re wondering what’s on the news tap for today. Well, the World Poker Tour has announced its latest partnership with FSN for television broadcasting rights (and we know you’re hoping for plenty of Royal Flush Girls coverage). On top of…
Related Poker News:
- The Nightly Turbo: Full Tilt Signs Tennis Star, World Poker Tour Headed to Morocco, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Returns Sunday, Senator Kyl to Retire, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Announces New Stop, Cada’s Reality and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Barcelona Live Stream, Cates’ Gift, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: EPT Loutraki, Bwin.Party Partner Announced by End of Year, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Wasicka Wins in Tunica, World Poker Tour Makes TV History, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: SuperStar Showdown Results, World Poker Tour in Florida, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Tiff and Maria Get Ousted, a New PokerStars Tour, and Doyle is Rooting Against Phil Ivey?
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Foxwoods, the Mizrachi Story, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Slovenia, Ongame in Italy, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour London, Barney Frank on Jay Leno, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Ratings, November Nine Betting, and More
- EDGE - An advantage over an opponent, either specific or subjective.
- FORCED BET - In some stud games a player may be required to make a bet to start the action on the first card. This is similar conceptually to blinds and antes, but in this case is dependent on the cards shown rather than player position. Usually the weakest hand is forced to bet.
- RACE - In tournaments it is sometimes convenient to remove all lower-denomination chips from play, as the remaining players' stacks tend to grow. Small chips are converted to larger chips and any odd chips are "raced off" in the following way: each player with odd chips places them in front of his stack and is dealt one card for each chip. Highest card (rank and suit) takes all the small chips and converts them to higher-denomination chips.
- ONE-EYED - The jack of hearts, jack of spades or king of diamonds. So named because the characters are drawn in profile, thus showing only one eye.
- STEAM - Playing wildly, calling and raising a lot, because one is upset. Compare: ON TILT.
- FIFTH STREET - In stud poker, the fifth card to be dealt to each player. Sometimes used to refer to the last card dealt in Hold'em, although the more common term for this is RIVER (q.v.).