The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour on FSN, World Series of Poker Coverage Continues, and More
We know you’re wondering what’s on the news tap for today. Well, the World Poker Tour has announced its latest partnership with FSN for television broadcasting rights (and we know you’re hoping for plenty of Royal Flush Girls coverage). On top of…
Related Poker News:
- The Nightly Turbo: Full Tilt Signs Tennis Star, World Poker Tour Headed to Morocco, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Returns Sunday, Senator Kyl to Retire, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Announces New Stop, Cada’s Reality and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Barcelona Live Stream, Cates’ Gift, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: EPT Loutraki, Bwin.Party Partner Announced by End of Year, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Wasicka Wins in Tunica, World Poker Tour Makes TV History, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: SuperStar Showdown Results, World Poker Tour in Florida, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Tiff and Maria Get Ousted, a New PokerStars Tour, and Doyle is Rooting Against Phil Ivey?
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Foxwoods, the Mizrachi Story, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Slovenia, Ongame in Italy, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour London, Barney Frank on Jay Leno, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Ratings, November Nine Betting, and More
Useful poker terms:
- OVER - A term used in describing two pair or a full house. "Kings over tens" means two pair, kings and tens. "Jacks over", also "Jacks up" describes a hand that is two pair: Jacks with an unspecified lower pair. Also used to describe a full house, distinguishing the three of a kind from the pair. The hand J-J-J-A-A could be described as "Full house, Jacks over Aces".
- OPEN-HANDED - A category of games characterized by a part of each player's hand being exposed.
- MUCK -  A collection of face-down cards near the dealer composed of discards, i.e., folded hands, burns and discards for drawing purposes.  To throw one's cards into the muck, thus folding.
- DRAWING DEAD - A draw in which it is impossible to obtain a winning hand for any of a variety of reasons: an opponent's hand is better than whatever you are drawing to, the card(s) that make your hand are out of play, or (in Hold'em) give an opponent a stronger hand even if it makes yours. Frequently used in the past tense, since one rarely knows it at the time.
- OPENER - The player who opens the betting, especially in draw poker. A hand may have no openers, in which case it is PASSED OUT, i.e., new hands are dealt.
- SHARK - A good/crafty player often posing as a fish early in the game.