The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour on FSN, World Series of Poker Coverage Continues, and More
We know you’re wondering what’s on the news tap for today. Well, the World Poker Tour has announced its latest partnership with FSN for television broadcasting rights (and we know you’re hoping for plenty of Royal Flush Girls coverage). On top of…
Related Poker News:
- The Nightly Turbo: Full Tilt Signs Tennis Star, World Poker Tour Headed to Morocco, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Returns Sunday, Senator Kyl to Retire, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Announces New Stop, Cada’s Reality and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Barcelona Live Stream, Cates’ Gift, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: EPT Loutraki, Bwin.Party Partner Announced by End of Year, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Wasicka Wins in Tunica, World Poker Tour Makes TV History, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Tiff and Maria Get Ousted, a New PokerStars Tour, and Doyle is Rooting Against Phil Ivey?
- The Nightly Turbo: SuperStar Showdown Results, World Poker Tour in Florida, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Foxwoods, the Mizrachi Story, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Slovenia, Ongame in Italy, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour London, Barney Frank on Jay Leno, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Ratings, November Nine Betting, and More
Useful poker terms:
- RING GAME - A standard game where players can come and go as they choose. The opposite of TOURNAMENT.
- SUITED - Two or more cards all the same suit. Ant: OFF-SUIT.
- LATE BLIND - In addition to "regular" blinds, some games allow a player (particularly a new one) to post a blind bet in return for the right to enter the game immediately and act last on the first betting round. The amount of the blind is determined by house rules, usually somewhere between the last blind and double the last blind. It is frequently a LIVE BLIND.
- LATE POSITION - For a particular betting round, a player who does not have to act until most of the other players have acted.
- ON TILT - Playing worse (usually, more aggressively) than usual because a player has become emotionally upset.
- LOWBALL - Generic term for poker where the lowest hand wins.