Industry Surprised as Cereus Poker Network Sold
August 30 - CE of Blanca Games says that the acquisition is a "rare opportunity" for the group.
Related Poker News:
- Cereus Network Officially Launches
- Cereus Poker Network Launches New Promotion
- Ultimate Bet and Absolute Poker Form New Cereus Network
- CEREUS Network Submits Plan to Reimburse Players
- Online Poker Gets More Lucrative at UltimateBet and Absolute Poker with Launch of CEREUS Poker Network
- UltimateBet & Absolute Poker Now on CEREUS Network
- Cereus Poker Network Acquired by Blanca Games
- Absolute Poker and UltimateBet Celebrate CEREUS with $220,000 Point Race
- The Nightly Turbo: Security Flaw on Cereus Network, World Series of Poker Tournament of Champions Seat, and More
- Cereus Poker Network Open to Hackers
- Online Poker Network CEREUS Unleashes Powerful New Features to Absolute Poker and UltimateBet through Latest Software …
- Negreanu Accuses Cereus Poker Network of Security Problems
Useful poker terms:
- BURN - To discard the top card of the deck prior to dealing, usually done for every dealing round except the first. The theory being that if somehow the cards are marked (illegally) no one will know what card will next be dealt, only what card will be burned. This makes marked cards less of an advantage, hence tends to reduce cheating.
- HIT - To make a hand or catch a card or cards that improves one's hand. "I hit a gut-shot draw on the river."
- SEAT POSITION - The actual seat a player has, normally numbered sequentially starting with 1 as the first seat to dealer's left. Not to be confused with POSITION in a particular pot. Typically unrelated to play of a hand but often important in peripheral aspects, e.g.: "Seats 1 and 10 are nonsmoking here", "Seat 5 has a good view of the table", "Seat 3 is in a high-traffic area".
- POSITION - One's location in the betting sequence, relative to the players still in the hand. First position is first to act.
- HOOK - A Jack. So named because the "J" resembles a hook.
- SHOWDOWN - The point at the end of the hand where all active players reveal their cards and the pot is awarded to the winner(s).