CHAZ_MAN_C Wins UBOC 5 Championship Event
In the grand finale of the fifth Ultimate Bet Online Championship (UBOC) on Sunday, Charlie “CHAZ_MAN_C” Combes came out on top of the pack following a four-way chop and banked $136,000. A total of 1,032 players coughed up the UBOC 5 Championship Event’s $1,050 buy-in or won a satellite to get in and the top 99 finished in the money.
Combes hails from the United Kingdom and, on the final hand of the tournament, shoved all-in with Q-2. UB.com member “TOOCURIOUSSO” made the call for his tournament life with K-9 and was in prime position to double up. The flop of 3-J-6 didn’t change matters, but a queen on the turn paired Combes and sealed his UBOC 5 title. Combes claimed a championship watch to boot. In March, he won both the Full Tilt Poker $1K Monday for $93,000 and the Titan Poker $250,000 Guaranteed for $59,000.
TOOCURIOUSSO finished with the smallest payout of the four dealmakers at $95,000. Pamela “VENUSIGNA” Quesada, who calls the Latin American nation of Costa Rica home, landed in third place and walked away with $152,000, the largest payday of the UBOC 5 Championship. In her final hand, Quesada was all-in before the flop with pocket sixes and up against Combes’ A-K of hearts. The board blanked out until an ace hit on the river, sending Quesada home in devastating fashion.
“WALLABAER” dropped a sizable pot with A-K against Quesada’s pocket nines to cripple his stack. On the next hand, WALLABAER’s 4-3 could not draw out on Combes’ 7-6 and he was relegated to the rails. Here’s a look at how the final table cashed out in the UBOC 5 Championship Event:
1. CHAZ_MAN_C – $136,178
2. TOOCURIOUSSO – $95,000
3. VENUSIGNA – $152,000
4. WALLABAER – $145,000
5. APATHY123 – $56,244
6. WAMMERMOUTH – $45,924
7. MST_MORPHEUS – $35,604
8. 1GENERAL_TAO – $25,284
9. DONRIKY – $17,544
Like you’d expect in a tournament with a $1,050 buy-in, a variety of brand name pros made deep runs. Joshua “PBDRUNKS” Van Duyn, who won the very first tournament of UBOC 5, took 50th in the Championship Event. Faraz “The-Toilet” Jaka, who had been in the running as part of a leaderboard competition to be a sponsored pro of DoylesRoom, hit the rail in 22nd place.
UB.com sponsored pro Billy “Patrolman35” Kopp bubbled the final table and finished in 12th in what likely would have been a coup of sorts for members of Team UB. Players who knocked out members of Team UB throughout UBOC 5 received 200 Tournament Dollars and a swank UBOC shirt. The tournament stretched for 12 hours, ending around 4:30am ET.
In the MiniUBOC Championship Event, “JLC123” banked $17,000 and came away with the win. The field of the $55 buy-in tournament numbered 1,684 and JLC123 bested fellow online poker player “BOOJIW” heads-up; BOOJIW grabbed a $10,000 consolation prize. The MiniUBOC 5 schedule offered the same slate of events as its high-stakes counterpart, but with more affordable buy-ins.
If you’re itching for more tournament series, don’t fear. The 2010 PokerStars World Championship of Online Poker, or WCOOP, will begin on Sunday, September 5th. The schedule offers a ridiculous $50 million in guaranteed prize money, including a $10 million guaranteed Main Event on September 26th. Every 2010 WCOOP tournament is open to online poker players from the United States.
Check out UB.com or Absolute Poker for full UBOC 5 results.
Related Online Poker News:
- UB Online Championship Awards: A Look at the Best Performances From UBOC 6
- UBOC 5 Kicks Off Today
- UBOC Main Event Weekend Offers $1M Purse, Super Bowl Giveaway
- The Nightly Turbo: Vanessa Rousso Wins Ladies Event, UBOC Early Registration and More
- UBOC II Poised for Start
- UBOC 5 Begins August 18th on UB.com, Absolute Poker
- Online Poker Players Flock to UltimateBet for this Sunday’s $1 Million UBOC Championship and Super Bowl Giveaway
- The Nightly Turbo: Aussie Millions Million Dollar Cash Game, November Niner Wins UBOC Event 16, and More
- UBOC5: Chad Batista and Tony Dunst Just Miss Event #11 Final Table; COACHIMNETS Wins Event #12 H.O.R.S.E.
- Poker Player YUNGMONEY209 Wins $245,188.50 as UltimateBet’s Online Championship Series Finishes with $1,115,000 Bang
- UBOC5: B AUSTIN B Wins Event #17; “Hollywood Dave” Goes Deep in Mini
- UBOC5: Joshua “PBDRUNKS” VanDuyn Wins Event #1 and Final Tables the Mini; Matt Graham Bubbles Final Table and More
Useful poker terms:
- FIFTH STREET - In stud poker, the fifth card to be dealt to each player. Sometimes used to refer to the last card dealt in Hold'em, although the more common term for this is RIVER (q.v.).
- TOP PAIR - In flop games, having a hole card that matches the highest card on the board.
- SPREAD LIMIT - A variation on fixed limit wherein the minimum and maximum bets are different. A 1-4-8 game allows bets from 1 to 4 in the early rounds and 1-8 in the last round. A 1-4-8-16 game allows bets from 1 to 4 in the early rounds, 1 to 8 in the next-to-last round, and 1 to 16 in the last round.
- QUARTER -  Twenty-five dollars, often symbolized by a green casino chip.  To divide half a pot between two tying hands. In split pot games, a player who "ties" another player for their half of the pot is said to be "quartered". One might say "I didn't bet my A-2 because I figured I'd get quartered".
- SIXTH STREET - The sixth card dealt in 7-card stud.
- STEAM - Playing wildly, calling and raising a lot, because one is upset. Compare: ON TILT.