CHAZ_MAN_C Wins UBOC 5 Championship Event
In the grand finale of the fifth Ultimate Bet Online Championship (UBOC) on Sunday, Charlie “CHAZ_MAN_C” Combes came out on top of the pack following a four-way chop and banked $136,000. A total of 1,032 players coughed up the UBOC 5 Championship Event’s $1,050 buy-in or won a satellite to get in and the top 99 finished in the money.
Combes hails from the United Kingdom and, on the final hand of the tournament, shoved all-in with Q-2. UB.com member “TOOCURIOUSSO” made the call for his tournament life with K-9 and was in prime position to double up. The flop of 3-J-6 didn’t change matters, but a queen on the turn paired Combes and sealed his UBOC 5 title. Combes claimed a championship watch to boot. In March, he won both the Full Tilt Poker $1K Monday for $93,000 and the Titan Poker $250,000 Guaranteed for $59,000.
TOOCURIOUSSO finished with the smallest payout of the four dealmakers at $95,000. Pamela “VENUSIGNA” Quesada, who calls the Latin American nation of Costa Rica home, landed in third place and walked away with $152,000, the largest payday of the UBOC 5 Championship. In her final hand, Quesada was all-in before the flop with pocket sixes and up against Combes’ A-K of hearts. The board blanked out until an ace hit on the river, sending Quesada home in devastating fashion.
“WALLABAER” dropped a sizable pot with A-K against Quesada’s pocket nines to cripple his stack. On the next hand, WALLABAER’s 4-3 could not draw out on Combes’ 7-6 and he was relegated to the rails. Here’s a look at how the final table cashed out in the UBOC 5 Championship Event:
1. CHAZ_MAN_C – $136,178
2. TOOCURIOUSSO – $95,000
3. VENUSIGNA – $152,000
4. WALLABAER – $145,000
5. APATHY123 – $56,244
6. WAMMERMOUTH – $45,924
7. MST_MORPHEUS – $35,604
8. 1GENERAL_TAO – $25,284
9. DONRIKY – $17,544
Like you’d expect in a tournament with a $1,050 buy-in, a variety of brand name pros made deep runs. Joshua “PBDRUNKS” Van Duyn, who won the very first tournament of UBOC 5, took 50th in the Championship Event. Faraz “The-Toilet” Jaka, who had been in the running as part of a leaderboard competition to be a sponsored pro of DoylesRoom, hit the rail in 22nd place.
UB.com sponsored pro Billy “Patrolman35” Kopp bubbled the final table and finished in 12th in what likely would have been a coup of sorts for members of Team UB. Players who knocked out members of Team UB throughout UBOC 5 received 200 Tournament Dollars and a swank UBOC shirt. The tournament stretched for 12 hours, ending around 4:30am ET.
In the MiniUBOC Championship Event, “JLC123” banked $17,000 and came away with the win. The field of the $55 buy-in tournament numbered 1,684 and JLC123 bested fellow online poker player “BOOJIW” heads-up; BOOJIW grabbed a $10,000 consolation prize. The MiniUBOC 5 schedule offered the same slate of events as its high-stakes counterpart, but with more affordable buy-ins.
If you’re itching for more tournament series, don’t fear. The 2010 PokerStars World Championship of Online Poker, or WCOOP, will begin on Sunday, September 5th. The schedule offers a ridiculous $50 million in guaranteed prize money, including a $10 million guaranteed Main Event on September 26th. Every 2010 WCOOP tournament is open to online poker players from the United States.
Check out UB.com or Absolute Poker for full UBOC 5 results.
Related Online Poker News:
- UB Online Championship Awards: A Look at the Best Performances From UBOC 6
- UBOC 5 Kicks Off Today
- UBOC Main Event Weekend Offers $1M Purse, Super Bowl Giveaway
- The Nightly Turbo: Vanessa Rousso Wins Ladies Event, UBOC Early Registration and More
- UBOC II Poised for Start
- UBOC 5 Begins August 18th on UB.com, Absolute Poker
- Online Poker Players Flock to UltimateBet for this Sunday’s $1 Million UBOC Championship and Super Bowl Giveaway
- The Nightly Turbo: Aussie Millions Million Dollar Cash Game, November Niner Wins UBOC Event 16, and More
- UBOC5: Chad Batista and Tony Dunst Just Miss Event #11 Final Table; COACHIMNETS Wins Event #12 H.O.R.S.E.
- Poker Player YUNGMONEY209 Wins $245,188.50 as UltimateBet’s Online Championship Series Finishes with $1,115,000 Bang
- UBOC5: B AUSTIN B Wins Event #17; “Hollywood Dave” Goes Deep in Mini
- UBOC5: Anton “ANTESVANTE” Wigg & “DIVERTER” Excel in Event #3
- OUT -  A card that will improve your hand, often substantially. A hand with many OUTS is preferable to a hand with only 1 or 2.  Folded, ineligible to bet or win this hand. "I'm out" is often a synonym for "I fold".
- ON TILT - Playing worse (usually, more aggressively) than usual because a player has become emotionally upset.
- OFFSUIT - Not of the same suit. "I held A-Q offsuit" or "The flop was 10-6-2 offsuit". When speaking of 5 or more cards, not all/ of the same suit, i.e., no flush, as in "button had A-K-10-8-7 offsuit."
- BET - To put money into the pot, pursuant to the rules of the game, thus maintaining a chance of winning the pot.
- STRING BET - An unethical and often illegal means of raising whereby a player puts a call-size stack of chips into the pot and, after observing the reactions of the players, then goes back to his stack and puts out more, thus raising.
- BET FOR VALUE - Betting a hand that, in the long run, is expected to win more than it loses. Antonym: BLUFF.