Scott Seiver – Poker Player Profile
Known as ‘mastrblastr’ on Full Tilt Poker and ‘Gunning4you’ on PokerStars, Scott Seiver is a 23-year old American professional poker player. Normally a cash game special with a proficiency for deep heads-up play, Seiver has ventured onto the live tournament circuit with great success.
In 2006, he got a taste of what a big event feels like when he took 19th in the World Poker Tour Legends of Poker Championship for $16.5K. After a series of smaller cashes, he hit it big at the 2008 World Series of Poker by shipping a $5K No Limit Hold’em tournament for $756K. A few months later, he made the final table at the 2006 $24,500 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure High Roller Event for $137K. Just before Christmas, he won the $5K Doyle Brunson Five Diamond World Poker Classic for another $218K.
More recently, Scott started off 2010 by taking fourth at the North American Poker Tour Venetian $25,000 Invitational High Roller Bounty Shootout for $215K. A week later, he shipped the $25,000 L.A. Poker Classic High Roller event for $425K. On April 7, he took fourth in the NAPT Mohegan Sun for $190K. All told, Seiver has more than $2 million in live tournament earnings.
In an interview with PokerListings following his World Series of Poker victory, Seiver gave an interesting take on how playing for such large sums of money affect him: “It’s kind of the same when I play nosebleeds. I don’t feel a whole lot of stress at the time, when I’m playing. It’s not until after when the stress of winning or losing tons of money really sinks in. So maybe you should check with me in six hours. I might be just shaking and twitching on the ground.”
Having already accomplished an incredible amount at such a young age, Scott Seiver is a rising live and online superstar.
Related Poker News:
- The Nightly Turbo: Sam Trickett’s $2M Pot, Scott Seiver Wins Premier League, and More
- The PokerStars.net Big Game: Scott Seiver Steals the Show
- Scott Seiver Wins the PartyPoker Premier League V
- Scott Seiver Rounds Out PartyPoker Premier League V Lineup
- Scott Seiver Wins World Poker Tour World Championship
- PokerStars.net NAPT Mohegan Sun Day 3: Selbst and Seiver Lead the Charge
- The Nightly Turbo: Internet Gambling in Illinois, Seiver Joins Premier League, and More
- 2008 WSOP Event 21 $5,000 NLHE Final: Seiver Prevails for First Bracelet
- Scott Seiver Wins the 2013 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure $100,000 Super High Roller
- The Nightly Turbo: Ivey Crushes Online, Negreanu and Seiver Join Premier League Lineup
- The Weekly Turbo: Scott Seiver Wins Premier League, WSOP $1 Million Event, and More
- 2013 World Poker Tour L.A. Poker Classic Day 2: Neff, Eriquezzo & Seiver Among Leaders
- BACK DOOR - Applies to a hand that was made in the last card or two, specifically not a hand the player was originally planning on having. Most often applied to straights and flushes.
- NUT / NUTS - The best possible hand of a given class. Not a LOCK unless all cards have been dealt. The "nut flush" is the highest possible flush, but might still lose to, e.g., a full house. Usually used in Hold'em games.
- BOAT - A FULL HOUSE, three of a kind and a pair.
- NO-LIMIT POKER - A game where there is no maximum bet; a player can wager any amount (perhaps above some minimum) up to whatever money is on the table in front of him.
- WALK - A pot won by the last blind when no one opens.
- WHITE BLACKBIRD - A hand so astonishingly rare as to be unworthy of the opponents' consideration, e.g., being dealt a pat royal flush in 5-card draw.