Scott Seiver – Poker Player Profile
Known as ‘mastrblastr’ on Full Tilt Poker and ‘Gunning4you’ on PokerStars, Scott Seiver is a 23-year old American professional poker player. Normally a cash game special with a proficiency for deep heads-up play, Seiver has ventured onto the live tournament circuit with great success.
In 2006, he got a taste of what a big event feels like when he took 19th in the World Poker Tour Legends of Poker Championship for $16.5K. After a series of smaller cashes, he hit it big at the 2008 World Series of Poker by shipping a $5K No Limit Hold’em tournament for $756K. A few months later, he made the final table at the 2006 $24,500 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure High Roller Event for $137K. Just before Christmas, he won the $5K Doyle Brunson Five Diamond World Poker Classic for another $218K.
More recently, Scott started off 2010 by taking fourth at the North American Poker Tour Venetian $25,000 Invitational High Roller Bounty Shootout for $215K. A week later, he shipped the $25,000 L.A. Poker Classic High Roller event for $425K. On April 7, he took fourth in the NAPT Mohegan Sun for $190K. All told, Seiver has more than $2 million in live tournament earnings.
In an interview with PokerListings following his World Series of Poker victory, Seiver gave an interesting take on how playing for such large sums of money affect him: “It’s kind of the same when I play nosebleeds. I don’t feel a whole lot of stress at the time, when I’m playing. It’s not until after when the stress of winning or losing tons of money really sinks in. So maybe you should check with me in six hours. I might be just shaking and twitching on the ground.”
Having already accomplished an incredible amount at such a young age, Scott Seiver is a rising live and online superstar.
Related Poker News:
- The Nightly Turbo: Sam Trickett’s $2M Pot, Scott Seiver Wins Premier League, and More
- The PokerStars.net Big Game: Scott Seiver Steals the Show
- Scott Seiver Wins the PartyPoker Premier League V
- Scott Seiver Rounds Out PartyPoker Premier League V Lineup
- Scott Seiver Wins World Poker Tour World Championship
- PokerStars.net NAPT Mohegan Sun Day 3: Selbst and Seiver Lead the Charge
- The Nightly Turbo: Internet Gambling in Illinois, Seiver Joins Premier League, and More
- 2008 WSOP Event 21 $5,000 NLHE Final: Seiver Prevails for First Bracelet
- Scott Seiver Wins the 2013 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure $100,000 Super High Roller
- The Nightly Turbo: Ivey Crushes Online, Negreanu and Seiver Join Premier League Lineup
- The Weekly Turbo: Scott Seiver Wins Premier League, WSOP $1 Million Event, and More
- 2013 World Poker Tour L.A. Poker Classic Day 2: Neff, Eriquezzo & Seiver Among Leaders
- POCKET PAIR - Generic Hold'em term for 2 hole cards of the same rank.
- EDGE - An advantage over an opponent, either specific or subjective.
- SPREAD LIMIT - A variation on fixed limit wherein the minimum and maximum bets are different. A 1-4-8 game allows bets from 1 to 4 in the early rounds and 1-8 in the last round. A 1-4-8-16 game allows bets from 1 to 4 in the early rounds, 1 to 8 in the next-to-last round, and 1 to 16 in the last round.
- SHORT-STACKED - Playing with a only a small amount of money, thus limiting one's risk and reward.
- TOP TWO PAIR - In flop games, having hole cards that make the highest possible two pair hand.
- FIFTH STREET - In stud poker, the fifth card to be dealt to each player. Sometimes used to refer to the last card dealt in Hold'em, although the more common term for this is RIVER (q.v.).