Scott Seiver – Poker Player Profile
Known as ‘mastrblastr’ on Full Tilt Poker and ‘Gunning4you’ on PokerStars, Scott Seiver is a 23-year old American professional poker player. Normally a cash game special with a proficiency for deep heads-up play, Seiver has ventured onto the live tournament circuit with great success.
In 2006, he got a taste of what a big event feels like when he took 19th in the World Poker Tour Legends of Poker Championship for $16.5K. After a series of smaller cashes, he hit it big at the 2008 World Series of Poker by shipping a $5K No Limit Hold’em tournament for $756K. A few months later, he made the final table at the 2006 $24,500 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure High Roller Event for $137K. Just before Christmas, he won the $5K Doyle Brunson Five Diamond World Poker Classic for another $218K.
More recently, Scott started off 2010 by taking fourth at the North American Poker Tour Venetian $25,000 Invitational High Roller Bounty Shootout for $215K. A week later, he shipped the $25,000 L.A. Poker Classic High Roller event for $425K. On April 7, he took fourth in the NAPT Mohegan Sun for $190K. All told, Seiver has more than $2 million in live tournament earnings.
In an interview with PokerListings following his World Series of Poker victory, Seiver gave an interesting take on how playing for such large sums of money affect him: “It’s kind of the same when I play nosebleeds. I don’t feel a whole lot of stress at the time, when I’m playing. It’s not until after when the stress of winning or losing tons of money really sinks in. So maybe you should check with me in six hours. I might be just shaking and twitching on the ground.”
Having already accomplished an incredible amount at such a young age, Scott Seiver is a rising live and online superstar.
Related Poker News:
- The Nightly Turbo: Sam Trickett’s $2M Pot, Scott Seiver Wins Premier League, and More
- The PokerStars.net Big Game: Scott Seiver Steals the Show
- Scott Seiver Wins the PartyPoker Premier League V
- Scott Seiver Rounds Out PartyPoker Premier League V Lineup
- Scott Seiver Wins World Poker Tour World Championship
- PokerStars.net NAPT Mohegan Sun Day 3: Selbst and Seiver Lead the Charge
- The Nightly Turbo: Internet Gambling in Illinois, Seiver Joins Premier League, and More
- 2008 WSOP Event 21 $5,000 NLHE Final: Seiver Prevails for First Bracelet
- Scott Seiver Wins the 2013 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure $100,000 Super High Roller
- The Nightly Turbo: Ivey Crushes Online, Negreanu and Seiver Join Premier League Lineup
- The Weekly Turbo: Scott Seiver Wins Premier League, WSOP $1 Million Event, and More
- 2013 World Poker Tour L.A. Poker Classic Day 2: Neff, Eriquezzo & Seiver Among Leaders
Useful poker information:
- TOURNAMENT - A highly structured game involving potentially dozens of tables where all participants pay an entry fee and obtain a fixed number of chips. Once a tournament has started, additional players may not enter. As the game progresses players bust out and are eliminated until only one winner remains.
- BLANK - Used in describing stud and Hold'em games. Refers to a dealt card that does not offer any value; stating the actual rank and suit would detract from a description of the hand. "The last card was a blank.".
- BUTTON - A distinctive token held by the player sitting in the theoretical dealer's position, when a house dealer is used. The button rotates around the table so that every player has an opportunity to be the last to act. Also, "THE BUTTON" can refer to the player who currently has the button. ("I was the button and called the blind".) Synonyms: BUCK, PUCK.
- LIVE ONE - The best kind of opponent, a poor player with a lot of money to lose and in a hurry to lose it.
- JOKER - A 53rd card in the deck, distinct from the others, used as a wild card or as a BUG.
- MIDDLE POSITION - Betting positions approximately halfway around the table from the first player to act.