Sandra Naujoks Team PokerStars Pro
Hailing from Dessau, Germany, Sandra Naujoks studied History and German in university. She first worked as a teacher before leaving that post to become a graphic designer and pursue a modeling career. Eventually, she became obsessed with poker and, after learning the game, she dropped everything and hit the live tournament circuit immediately.
In 2008, she got her career rolling with a fifth place finish at the Casinos Austria Poker Tour Graz Open for $23.5K. A few months later, she won CAPT Baden for $240K, an astonishing achievement for somebody so new to the game. A year later, Naujoks shocked the world again by winning European Poker Tour German Open for a staggering $1.1 million. Not only did she win an incredible sum of money, but the time, she was the first woman to win an EPT event. She has gone on to record multiple cashes since, including a $52K score for 36th in the 2009 $10K EPT Grand Final in Monte Carlo and first in the 2009 Team Cup Mountain Poker Party in Seefeld for $11K. All told, Sandra has over $1.5 million in live tournament earnings.
With already two major poker titles under her belt, Naujoks has established herself as an extremely gifted poker player, and she sits among the all-time German money winners. She’s also been recognized with many awards, including European Female Player of the Year. Already a star, Sandra is sure to be a familiar face at the tables in years to come.
In her spare time, Sandra Naujoks likes to travel and work with the charity groups, including All in 4 Kids, which she established herself. Online, she is also a Team PokerStars Pro and plays as under the name ‘S.Naujoks’.
Related Poker News:
- Sandra Naujoks Wins PokerStars.com EPT Dortmund
- William Thorson – Poker Player Profile
- PNC Alpine Event #4, €300 PLO: Schouten Claims Top Honors
- Sandra Naujoks Becomes Second Woman to Win EPT Event
- 888 Begins Satellites to 2011 Irish Poker Open
- 2013 EPT Berlin Main Event Day Four: Roman Herold Atop The Final 17 Players
- Raul Mestre Outlasts Victoria Coren To Win IFP “The Table” World Championship
- Poker Players Descend On Italy For European Poker Tour San Remo
- World Poker Tour Heads to Marrakech in November
- EPT Deauville, Day Three: Shahaf Hadaya Takes The Helm, 51 Players Remaining
- EPT Champion of Champions Event Takes Shape
- 2012 European Poker Awards To Be Held At Paris’ Aviation Club de France
- WIRED [PAIR] - A pair in the hole. In 5-card stud, a door card that pairs the hole card.
- OPEN-HANDED - A category of games characterized by a part of each player's hand being exposed.
- TOURNAMENT - A highly structured game involving potentially dozens of tables where all participants pay an entry fee and obtain a fixed number of chips. Once a tournament has started, additional players may not enter. As the game progresses players bust out and are eliminated until only one winner remains.
- CASE - The fourth card of a particular rank, as in "he folded the case 9" when describing where all the 9s were in a hand. Comes from the game of Faro where an employee of the house, called the "case keeper". kept track of the number of each rank of card remaining.
- BOARD - The exposed cards in Hold'em and stud. Also BOARD CARDS.
- NICKEL - Five dollars, usually represented by a red casino check.