888 Posts Disappointing Revenue Report
April 30 - Most of the losses were brought on by 888 Holding’s underperforming poker and bingo brands.
Related Poker News:
- 888 Holdings Posts Strong First Quarter
- TiltBook’s Top 10 Posts of 2012
- PartyGaming posts 1H profit, but poker sales slow
- Casino gambling, poker table revenue up in FL
- Gaming Industry’S WINNING HAND
- Inside Gaming: MGM Remodeling, and Caesars Revenue Up but Feeling Debt Burden
- Poker profits boost revenue at state casinos
- Politics and Poker: States’ Revenue Needs May Gut UIGEA
- Study Reiterates US Could Have $3 Billion in Poker Revenue
- PartyGaming Reports 2008 Revenue Uptick, Eyes U.S.
- Las Vegas Sees Marginal Decline in Gaming Revenue
- PartyGaming reports 65% revenue increase in 4th quarter
Useful poker information:
- BICYCLE - The best possible low hand: A-2-3-4-5. More common term: WHEEL.
- LATE POSITION - For a particular betting round, a player who does not have to act until most of the other players have acted.
- BEE No. 92 (TM) - Trade name for the "diamond back" cards frequently used in casino games. Compare: RIDER BACK.
- TOP TWO PAIR - In flop games, having hole cards that make the highest possible two pair hand.
- PAY STATION - A player who rarely folds, thus who frequently calls better hands and loses. Almost as much fun as a LIVE ONE.
- SEAT POSITION - The actual seat a player has, normally numbered sequentially starting with 1 as the first seat to dealer's left. Not to be confused with POSITION in a particular pot. Typically unrelated to play of a hand but often important in peripheral aspects, e.g.: "Seats 1 and 10 are nonsmoking here", "Seat 5 has a good view of the table", "Seat 3 is in a high-traffic area".