888 Posts Disappointing Revenue Report
April 30 - Most of the losses were brought on by 888 Holding’s underperforming poker and bingo brands.
Related Poker News:
- 888 Holdings Posts Strong First Quarter
- TiltBook’s Top 10 Posts of 2012
- PartyGaming posts 1H profit, but poker sales slow
- Casino gambling, poker table revenue up in FL
- Gaming Industry’S WINNING HAND
- Inside Gaming: MGM Remodeling, and Caesars Revenue Up but Feeling Debt Burden
- Poker profits boost revenue at state casinos
- Politics and Poker: States’ Revenue Needs May Gut UIGEA
- Study Reiterates US Could Have $3 Billion in Poker Revenue
- PartyGaming Reports 2008 Revenue Uptick, Eyes U.S.
- Las Vegas Sees Marginal Decline in Gaming Revenue
- PartyGaming reports 65% revenue increase in 4th quarter
- BICYCLE - The best possible low hand: A-2-3-4-5. More common term: WHEEL.
- POT ODDS - The amount of money in the pot divided by the amount of money you must bet in order to call. Often used to determine if a pot offers enough reward to play on the come.
- HIT - To make a hand or catch a card or cards that improves one's hand. "I hit a gut-shot draw on the river."
- TRIPS - Three of a kind. In Hold'em the term SET is used when two of the three cards are hole cards.
- SHOWDOWN - The point at the end of the hand where all active players reveal their cards and the pot is awarded to the winner(s).
- STRING BET - An unethical and often illegal means of raising whereby a player puts a call-size stack of chips into the pot and, after observing the reactions of the players, then goes back to his stack and puts out more, thus raising.