888 Posts Disappointing Revenue Report
April 30 - Most of the losses were brought on by 888 Holding’s underperforming poker and bingo brands.
Related Poker News:
- 888 Holdings Posts Strong First Quarter
- TiltBook’s Top 10 Posts of 2012
- PartyGaming posts 1H profit, but poker sales slow
- Casino gambling, poker table revenue up in FL
- Gaming Industry’S WINNING HAND
- Inside Gaming: MGM Remodeling, and Caesars Revenue Up but Feeling Debt Burden
- Poker profits boost revenue at state casinos
- Politics and Poker: States’ Revenue Needs May Gut UIGEA
- Ultimate Poker Founder Blames Regulations for Slow Growth
- Study Reiterates US Could Have $3 Billion in Poker Revenue
- PartyGaming Reports 2008 Revenue Uptick, Eyes U.S.
- Las Vegas Sees Marginal Decline in Gaming Revenue
- ANTE - A small bet all players are required to make before a hand is dealt. Not all games have an ante. Related terms: BLIND, FORCED BET.
- OVER - A term used in describing two pair or a full house. "Kings over tens" means two pair, kings and tens. "Jacks over", also "Jacks up" describes a hand that is two pair: Jacks with an unspecified lower pair. Also used to describe a full house, distinguishing the three of a kind from the pair. The hand J-J-J-A-A could be described as "Full house, Jacks over Aces".
- POT LIMIT - A game where the maximum bet is determined by the size of the pot at the time. Note that a player wanting to raise first calls the bet, then totals the pot to determine the maximum amount he can raise.
- RAINBOW - In flop games, a flop in which no two cards are of the same suit. "The flop was A 9 7 rainbow."
- FOUR OF A KIND - A hand containing all four cards of the same rank.
- WHEEL - A-2-3-4-5. Usually discussed in the context of lowball where it is the best possible hand. Can also refer to a 5-high straight in high games. Also: BICYCLE.