888 Posts Disappointing Revenue Report
April 30 - Most of the losses were brought on by 888 Holding’s underperforming poker and bingo brands.
Related Poker News:
- 888 Holdings Posts Strong First Quarter
- TiltBook’s Top 10 Posts of 2012
- PartyGaming posts 1H profit, but poker sales slow
- Casino gambling, poker table revenue up in FL
- Gaming Industry’S WINNING HAND
- Inside Gaming: MGM Remodeling, and Caesars Revenue Up but Feeling Debt Burden
- Poker profits boost revenue at state casinos
- Politics and Poker: States’ Revenue Needs May Gut UIGEA
- Study Reiterates US Could Have $3 Billion in Poker Revenue
- PartyGaming Reports 2008 Revenue Uptick, Eyes U.S.
- Las Vegas Sees Marginal Decline in Gaming Revenue
- PartyGaming reports 65% revenue increase in 4th quarter
Useful poker information:
- BICYCLE - The best possible low hand: A-2-3-4-5. More common term: WHEEL.
- MITES AND LICE - A hand consisting of two pair, threes over twos.
- FREEROLL -  A poker tournament that does not charge a buy-in fee; players must earn buy-in credits through previous play at the same establishment.  Having a lock on part of a pot (sure to win a greater fraction of the pot than one is betting) and playing to win more or all of it.
- NICKEL - Five dollars, usually represented by a red casino check.
- RING GAME - A standard game where players can come and go as they choose. The opposite of TOURNAMENT.
- STRAIGHT FLUSH - A hand consisting of 5 cards in sequence and the same suit.