888 Posts Disappointing Revenue Report
April 30 - Most of the losses were brought on by 888 Holding’s underperforming poker and bingo brands.
Related Poker News:
- 888 Holdings Posts Strong First Quarter
- TiltBook’s Top 10 Posts of 2012
- PartyGaming posts 1H profit, but poker sales slow
- Casino gambling, poker table revenue up in FL
- Gaming Industry’S WINNING HAND
- Inside Gaming: MGM Remodeling, and Caesars Revenue Up but Feeling Debt Burden
- Poker profits boost revenue at state casinos
- Politics and Poker: States’ Revenue Needs May Gut UIGEA
- Study Reiterates US Could Have $3 Billion in Poker Revenue
- Ultimate Poker Founder Blames Regulations for Slow Growth
- PartyGaming Reports 2008 Revenue Uptick, Eyes U.S.
- Las Vegas Sees Marginal Decline in Gaming Revenue
Useful poker information:
- DECLARE - In high/low games, declaring one's hand as high or low or both ways (usually done with chips in hand). Usually played in home games; casinos tend to play CARDS SPEAK.
- LOWBALL - Generic term for poker where the lowest hand wins.
- POT ODDS - The amount of money in the pot divided by the amount of money you must bet in order to call. Often used to determine if a pot offers enough reward to play on the come.
- ANTE - A small bet all players are required to make before a hand is dealt. Not all games have an ante. Related terms: BLIND, FORCED BET.
- STUD - Any of several poker games in which some of each players' cards are exposed.
- KICKER TROUBLE - Not having as high a kicker as an opponent.