888 Posts Disappointing Revenue Report
April 30 - Most of the losses were brought on by 888 Holding’s underperforming poker and bingo brands.
Related Poker News:
- 888 Holdings Posts Strong First Quarter
- TiltBook’s Top 10 Posts of 2012
- PartyGaming posts 1H profit, but poker sales slow
- Casino gambling, poker table revenue up in FL
- Gaming Industry’S WINNING HAND
- Inside Gaming: MGM Remodeling, and Caesars Revenue Up but Feeling Debt Burden
- Poker profits boost revenue at state casinos
- Politics and Poker: States’ Revenue Needs May Gut UIGEA
- Ultimate Poker Founder Blames Regulations for Slow Growth
- Study Reiterates US Could Have $3 Billion in Poker Revenue
- PartyGaming Reports 2008 Revenue Uptick, Eyes U.S.
- Las Vegas Sees Marginal Decline in Gaming Revenue
Useful poker terms:
- FACE CARD - A jack, queen or king (a card with a face on it, not joker).
- NICKEL - Five dollars, usually represented by a red casino check.
- GUT SHOT - A draw to an inside straight, as in 2-3-4-6.
- LOWBALL - Generic term for poker where the lowest hand wins.
- BET - To put money into the pot, pursuant to the rules of the game, thus maintaining a chance of winning the pot.
- RIDER BACK (TM) - A brand of playing cards that feature a bicycle rider on the back of the cards. Often used in home games. Compare: BEE No. 92.