Online Poker Legislation Looking Possible for New Jersey
While it is seeming less and less likely that there will be any significant movement on federal legislation to license and regulate online poker in the U.S. this year, one politician believes the next eight months will produce the first state to…
Related Poker News:
- California Following New Jersey’s Online Gambling Legislation Footsteps
- Mixed Reactions to Belgian Online Poker Legislation
- No End-of-Year Fireworks for Online Poker Legislation in the United States
- Bankers React to Online Poker Legislation
- Jeff Haney on poker’s continuing popularity growth in spite of legislation outlawing online games
- Hopeful Legislation Would Cripple Online Poker
- Online Poker May Be Out in Norway
- Top Ten Stories of 2010: #2, Online Poker Legislation
- WPTE Weighs In On Impact Of Gaming Legislation
- Will Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid Push Federal Online Poker Legislation in 2012?
- The Insiders: 888 CEO Brian Mattingly Talks Online Poker Legislation and More
- District of Columbia Ready to Repeal Online Gambling Legislation
- DEALER'S CHOICE - In home games, a rule that permits the dealer to name which poker game to be played that hand. Often limited to selecting from a list provided.
- FREEROLL -  A poker tournament that does not charge a buy-in fee; players must earn buy-in credits through previous play at the same establishment.  Having a lock on part of a pot (sure to win a greater fraction of the pot than one is betting) and playing to win more or all of it.
- BURN - To discard the top card of the deck prior to dealing, usually done for every dealing round except the first. The theory being that if somehow the cards are marked (illegally) no one will know what card will next be dealt, only what card will be burned. This makes marked cards less of an advantage, hence tends to reduce cheating.
- COLD CALL - Calling both a bet and raise at the same time, as opposed to calling a bet then later calling a raise made after the call.
- FISH - A player who loses money. An old saying is "If you can't spot the fish at the table, *you* are the fish.".
- SEMI-BLUFF - To bluff with a come hand that figures to win if it hits.