Online Poker Legislation Looking Possible for New Jersey
While it is seeming less and less likely that there will be any significant movement on federal legislation to license and regulate online poker in the U.S. this year, one politician believes the next eight months will produce the first state to…
Related Poker News:
- California Following New Jersey’s Online Gambling Legislation Footsteps
- Mixed Reactions to Belgian Online Poker Legislation
- No End-of-Year Fireworks for Online Poker Legislation in the United States
- Bankers React to Online Poker Legislation
- Jeff Haney on poker’s continuing popularity growth in spite of legislation outlawing online games
- Hopeful Legislation Would Cripple Online Poker
- Online Poker May Be Out in Norway
- Top Ten Stories of 2010: #2, Online Poker Legislation
- WPTE Weighs In On Impact Of Gaming Legislation
- Will Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid Push Federal Online Poker Legislation in 2012?
- The Insiders: 888 CEO Brian Mattingly Talks Online Poker Legislation and More
- District of Columbia Ready to Repeal Online Gambling Legislation
- FLOP GAME - Any of a number of poker games where a flop is dealt.
- COMPUTER HAND - Texas Hold'em hole cards of Q-7 offsuit. More generically, any hand that computer analysis/simulation determines is positive but turns out to be difficult to play in practice.
- AMERICAN AIRLINES - In Hold'em, a pair of Aces in the hole. Better known (at least in rec.gambling) as POCKET ROCKETS.
- RIDER BACK (TM) - A brand of playing cards that feature a bicycle rider on the back of the cards. Often used in home games. Compare: BEE No. 92.
- WORLD SERIES OF POKER - A series of several different poker games with relatively large buy-ins, culminating in a $10,000 buy-in no-limit Hold'em tournament, the winner of which is crowned the World Poker Champion. Sponsored by Binion's Horseshoe Club in Las Vegas.
- STRAIGHT FLUSH - A hand consisting of 5 cards in sequence and the same suit.