The Nightly Turbo: Shannon Shorr Conquers an FTOPS event, Tony G’s Take on Viktor Blom and More
The FTOPS is still running, but only through this weekend. Shannon Shorr scored a nice win and we’ve got the rest of the results, Tony G’s newest blog post, and more in tonight’s Nightly Turbo.
In Case You Missed It
Related Poker News:
- The PokerNews Profile: Shannon Shorr
- Shannon Shorr, 21-Year-Old Poker Millionaire, Wins the Bellagio Cup Championship Title Along with $960,000
- Shannon Shorr Wins the Bellagio Cup Championship Title
- Global Poker Index: Shannon Shorr Nears the Top 10
- Online Poker Recap: Shannon Shorr Notches Second January Win
- The Nightly Turbo: Shannon Elizabeth Signs with Carbon, Williams and Selbst Now PokerStars Pros, and More
- Youngster Wins $205,000 In Aussie Poker
- The Nightly Turbo: Shannon Elizabeth Home Game Rake, World Team Poker Adds Players, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: PokerStars VIP Changes, GigaMedia Shares Drop, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: POKERBLUFFS revealed, Legends Update, and Andy Beal in Trouble?
- The Nightly Turbo: Brunson Backs Out, UB Partners with Bellator, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: UKIPT Nottingham, WSOPC St. Louis Breaks Record, and More
- TABLE STAKES - A standard rule whereby during a hand players can only bet the money they have on the table. If the bet to a player is more than the player's stack, that player may call with all his chips and be eligible to win only that portion of the pot he contributed to equally. A side pot is created, for which only the remaining players may compete.
- TO GO - The current betting level, as in "$20 to go" meaning every player must contribute $20 (total) or drop. A $10 raise would then make the pot "$30 to go".
- BUTTON CHARGE - A periodic fee paid by whoever is the button, perhaps every 20 minutes or 30 minutes. Constitutes part or all of the HOUSE CUT.
- SET - In Hold'em, three of a kind where two of the cards are hole cards.
- FORCED BET - In some stud games a player may be required to make a bet to start the action on the first card. This is similar conceptually to blinds and antes, but in this case is dependent on the cards shown rather than player position. Usually the weakest hand is forced to bet.
- WHITE BLACKBIRD - A hand so astonishingly rare as to be unworthy of the opponents' consideration, e.g., being dealt a pat royal flush in 5-card draw.