The Nightly Turbo: Shannon Shorr Conquers an FTOPS event, Tony G’s Take on Viktor Blom and More
The FTOPS is still running, but only through this weekend. Shannon Shorr scored a nice win and we’ve got the rest of the results, Tony G’s newest blog post, and more in tonight’s Nightly Turbo.
In Case You Missed It
Related Poker News:
- The PokerNews Profile: Shannon Shorr
- Shannon Shorr, 21-Year-Old Poker Millionaire, Wins the Bellagio Cup Championship Title Along with $960,000
- Shannon Shorr Wins the Bellagio Cup Championship Title
- Global Poker Index: Shannon Shorr Nears the Top 10
- Online Poker Recap: Shannon Shorr Notches Second January Win
- The Nightly Turbo: Shannon Elizabeth Signs with Carbon, Williams and Selbst Now PokerStars Pros, and More
- Youngster Wins $205,000 In Aussie Poker
- The Nightly Turbo: Shannon Elizabeth Home Game Rake, World Team Poker Adds Players, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: PokerStars VIP Changes, GigaMedia Shares Drop, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: POKERBLUFFS revealed, Legends Update, and Andy Beal in Trouble?
- The Nightly Turbo: Brunson Backs Out, UB Partners with Bellator, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: UKIPT Nottingham, WSOPC St. Louis Breaks Record, and More
- FOUR OF A KIND - A hand containing all four cards of the same rank.
- RAGS - Board cards that are small, not suited and not in sequence, e.g., 9-5-2. When "rags flop", it is unlikely that anyone has a good hand, except possibly the big blind in an unraised pot.
- NO-LIMIT POKER - A game where there is no maximum bet; a player can wager any amount (perhaps above some minimum) up to whatever money is on the table in front of him.
- FLOP GAME - Any of a number of poker games where a flop is dealt.
- THIRD STREET - In Stud, the third card dealt to each player.
- FORCED BET - In some stud games a player may be required to make a bet to start the action on the first card. This is similar conceptually to blinds and antes, but in this case is dependent on the cards shown rather than player position. Usually the weakest hand is forced to bet.