The Nightly Turbo: Shannon Shorr Conquers an FTOPS event, Tony G’s Take on Viktor Blom and More
The FTOPS is still running, but only through this weekend. Shannon Shorr scored a nice win and we’ve got the rest of the results, Tony G’s newest blog post, and more in tonight’s Nightly Turbo.
In Case You Missed It
Related Poker News:
- The PokerNews Profile: Shannon Shorr
- Shannon Shorr, 21-Year-Old Poker Millionaire, Wins the Bellagio Cup Championship Title Along with $960,000
- Shannon Shorr Wins the Bellagio Cup Championship Title
- Global Poker Index: Shannon Shorr Nears the Top 10
- Online Poker Recap: Shannon Shorr Notches Second January Win
- The Nightly Turbo: Shannon Elizabeth Signs with Carbon, Williams and Selbst Now PokerStars Pros, and More
- Youngster Wins $205,000 In Aussie Poker
- The Nightly Turbo: Shannon Elizabeth Home Game Rake, World Team Poker Adds Players, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: PokerStars VIP Changes, GigaMedia Shares Drop, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: POKERBLUFFS revealed, Legends Update, and Andy Beal in Trouble?
- The Nightly Turbo: Brunson Backs Out, UB Partners with Bellator, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: UKIPT Nottingham, WSOPC St. Louis Breaks Record, and More
- BELLY BUSTER - An inside straight draw. Same as GUTSHOT.
- CUT - To break the deck into 2 stacks of at least 5 cards each. Usually performed by the player to the dealer's right to insure that the the deck is not stacked.
- STUD - Any of several poker games in which some of each players' cards are exposed.
- FACE CARD - A jack, queen or king (a card with a face on it, not joker).
- STUCK - Down a nontrivial amount of money, as in "he's stuck $800".
- STRING BET - An unethical and often illegal means of raising whereby a player puts a call-size stack of chips into the pot and, after observing the reactions of the players, then goes back to his stack and puts out more, thus raising.