The Nightly Turbo: Shannon Shorr Conquers an FTOPS event, Tony G’s Take on Viktor Blom and More
The FTOPS is still running, but only through this weekend. Shannon Shorr scored a nice win and we’ve got the rest of the results, Tony G’s newest blog post, and more in tonight’s Nightly Turbo.
In Case You Missed It
Related Poker News:
- The PokerNews Profile: Shannon Shorr
- Shannon Shorr, 21-Year-Old Poker Millionaire, Wins the Bellagio Cup Championship Title Along with $960,000
- Shannon Shorr Wins the Bellagio Cup Championship Title
- Global Poker Index: Shannon Shorr Nears the Top 10
- Online Poker Recap: Shannon Shorr Notches Second January Win
- The Nightly Turbo: Shannon Elizabeth Signs with Carbon, Williams and Selbst Now PokerStars Pros, and More
- Youngster Wins $205,000 In Aussie Poker
- The Nightly Turbo: Shannon Elizabeth Home Game Rake, World Team Poker Adds Players, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: PokerStars VIP Changes, GigaMedia Shares Drop, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: POKERBLUFFS revealed, Legends Update, and Andy Beal in Trouble?
- The Nightly Turbo: Brunson Backs Out, UB Partners with Bellator, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: UKIPT Nottingham, WSOPC St. Louis Breaks Record, and More
Casino poker language:
- WIRED [PAIR] - A pair in the hole. In 5-card stud, a door card that pairs the hole card.
- RUSH - A winning streak. Also "ON A RUSH".
- ROLLED UP - In seven-card stud, being dealt three of a kind in the first three cards.
- WHEEL - A-2-3-4-5. Usually discussed in the context of lowball where it is the best possible hand. Can also refer to a 5-high straight in high games. Also: BICYCLE.
- READ - To determine whether an opponent has a good, medium or bad hand by observing his personal behavior. An inexact science.
- POCKET PAIR - Generic Hold'em term for 2 hole cards of the same rank.