Maridu Mayrinck – Poker Player Profile
Born in Rio de Janeiro, Maria Eduarda “Maridu” Mayrinck graduated from university with a sociology degree and quickly entered the media industry, working as a screenwriter for several sitcoms on the Brazilian network Globo TV. After becoming obsessed with poker, she began blogging assiduously about the game, and her blog “Need an Ace” quickly gained a cult-like following in her home country. She then earned a spot on PokerStars’ blogging team, but it wasn’t until she developed her skills on the tables that her career really took off.
Maridu honed her poker skills, like so many others, by watching the best and trying to absorb as much as possible. She found some success online and finally, in 2007, decided to venture into the live tournament arena. In June of that year, she made the final table of a $1000 event at the Bellagio Cup III, cashing in fourth for $7.7K. At the 2008 World Series of Poker, she cashed in three events; 233rd in $1500 No Limit Hold’em for $4K, 35th in $1000 Ladies World Championship No Limit Hold’em for $4.7K, and 36th in $2000 No Limit Hold’em for $10.7K. In October of 2009, she hit her biggest live score to date, taking 43rd at the European Poker Tour stop in London for $20K. All told, Maridu has over $60K in live tournament earnings. She plays online as “Cash4PlasticSurgery” in Party Poker, “MariaRJ” in Full Tilt and “Maridu” in her home room, Poker Stars .
Away from the tables, Maridu loves to watch reality TV shows, go shopping, read about fashion, and travel.
Bubbly and outgoing, Maridu is a great ambassador to the game both for women and her homeland of Brazil. She hasn’t hit that life-changing score yet, but she has the talent and the desire, so success seems inevitable. Maridu is a member of Team PokerStars Pro and can be found playing online under the screen name ‘Maridu’.
Related Poker News:
- Maria Mayrinck Talks Brazilian Poker & PokerStars Split
- Poker Pro Leaves PokerStars
- David Baker – Poker Player Profile
- Best Poker Twitter Accounts You’re Probably Not Following
- What the Pros Do Away from the WSOP and Jean-Robert Bellande Goes Deep from Poker in Twitter
- Locals Lead WPT Emperors Palace Poker Classic After Two Day Ones
- Poker in Twitter: Borgata in Hot Water and the Pros Get Lost
- PokerStars Launches Americas Cup of Poker
- PokerStars Signs Peter Eastgate, Ivan Demidov
- Celebrating Father’s Day from Poker in Twitter
- Vanessa Rousso Bests Tough Field in 2010 PCA $1,000 Ladies Event
- PokerStars Launches Team Pro Tuesdays
- LIMIT POKER - A poker game wherein the amount to be bet is fixed, or at most variable within a prescribed minimum and maximum. Ant.: NO-LIMIT POKER.
- RAINBOW - In flop games, a flop in which no two cards are of the same suit. "The flop was A 9 7 rainbow."
- BARN - A FULL HOUSE, three of a kind and a pair.
- FLOORMAN - The casino representative in charge of the card room or a section of a card room. Arbitrates disputes when unusual events happen.
- MANIAC - A player who bets, raises and reraises without regard to the quality of his hand. Most often found in flop games.
- CHASE - To continue in a hand, often at poor odds, in the hopes of catching a much better hand. "He called, chasing the flush.".