European Poker Tour Grand Final: Nicolas Chouity Holds Monster Chip Lead Going into Final Table
When the final 24 players reconvened at Le Sporting Club, the curtains were firmly drawn across the sunny Monte Carlo Bay vista as there was some serious business to attend to indoors. Chip leader going into the day was young American Kevin Eyster…
Related Poker News:
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 3: Final 24 Set; Eyster Leads
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 2: A Tale of Two Scandies
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 1b: Thiago Nishijima Leads the Pack to Day 2
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 5: Nicolas Chouity Wins
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 1b: Nergard, Bergstrom and Demidov Thrive
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 1a: Sonelin Storms in Front
- PokerStars.com EPT Grand Final, Day 2: Naalden, Obrestad Head Final 138
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 2: Schulman Leads the Pack
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 5: Ivan Freitez Wins
- PokerStars European Poker Tour Grand Final Returns to Monaco in 2012
- PokerStars.com EPT Grand Final, Day 4: Dag Martin Mikkelsen Heads Final Eight
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 4: Five Chip Leaders Rise and Fall; Ivan Freitez Leads Final Table
- POSSIBLE [STRAIGHT/FLUSH] - Up cards that quite possibly could lead to a straight and/or a flush.
- FIXED LIMIT - A betting structure where the amount of each bet is a specific fixed quantity. Usually specified as A-B, where A is the amount to bet in the first few betting rounds and B (larger than A) is the amount bet in the later rounds. Related terms: FLAT LIMIT, NO LIMIT, POT LIMIT, SPREAD LIMIT.
- DRAWING DEAD - A draw in which it is impossible to obtain a winning hand for any of a variety of reasons: an opponent's hand is better than whatever you are drawing to, the card(s) that make your hand are out of play, or (in Hold'em) give an opponent a stronger hand even if it makes yours. Frequently used in the past tense, since one rarely knows it at the time.
- AMERICAN AIRLINES - In Hold'em, a pair of Aces in the hole. Better known (at least in rec.gambling) as POCKET ROCKETS.
- STRING BET - An unethical and often illegal means of raising whereby a player puts a call-size stack of chips into the pot and, after observing the reactions of the players, then goes back to his stack and puts out more, thus raising.
- LIMIT POKER - A poker game wherein the amount to be bet is fixed, or at most variable within a prescribed minimum and maximum. Ant.: NO-LIMIT POKER.