European Poker Tour Grand Final: Nicolas Chouity Holds Monster Chip Lead Going into Final Table
When the final 24 players reconvened at Le Sporting Club, the curtains were firmly drawn across the sunny Monte Carlo Bay vista as there was some serious business to attend to indoors. Chip leader going into the day was young American Kevin Eyster…
Related Poker News:
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 3: Final 24 Set; Eyster Leads
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 2: A Tale of Two Scandies
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 1b: Thiago Nishijima Leads the Pack to Day 2
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 5: Nicolas Chouity Wins
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 1b: Nergard, Bergstrom and Demidov Thrive
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 1a: Sonelin Storms in Front
- PokerStars.com EPT Grand Final, Day 2: Naalden, Obrestad Head Final 138
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 2: Schulman Leads the Pack
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 5: Ivan Freitez Wins
- PokerStars European Poker Tour Grand Final Returns to Monaco in 2012
- PokerStars.com EPT Grand Final, Day 4: Dag Martin Mikkelsen Heads Final Eight
- European Poker Tour Grand Final Day 4: Five Chip Leaders Rise and Fall; Ivan Freitez Leads Final Table
- STRING BET - An unethical and often illegal means of raising whereby a player puts a call-size stack of chips into the pot and, after observing the reactions of the players, then goes back to his stack and puts out more, thus raising.
- LAY ODDS - To give favorable odds to an opponent.
- OPENER - The player who opens the betting, especially in draw poker. A hand may have no openers, in which case it is PASSED OUT, i.e., new hands are dealt.
- EXPECTATION - The long-run [dis-]advantage of a given situation, specifically without reference to any particular outcome. I.e., what you figure to win [lose] on average after a large number of repetitions of the same situation.
- HOUSE RULE - Rules and interpretations (e.g., use of wild cards, or rules on having to show beaten hands) that are specific to an establishment or even tables within the establishment.
- SET - In Hold'em, three of a kind where two of the cards are hole cards.