Prahlad Friedman – Poker Player Profile
Born on May 20, 1979 in Los Angeles, California, Prahlad Friedman first picked up poker while attending the University of California, Berkeley. He developed his skills playing $15-$30 Limit Hold’em at The Oaks Club before moving on to higher stakes No Limit stakes at the Lucky Chances casino.
Online, Friedman plays as Spirit Rock on Full Tilt Poker, Mahatma on Ultimate Bet, Zweig on the Prima Network, and Poopers on Poker Stars. Over the years, he gained recognition as a dominant high stakes regular, often multi-tabling $25/$50 and $50/$100. After a short hiatusin over 2006-2007, he returned in 2008 and was one of PokerStars’ biggest winners of the year.
On the live tournament circuit, Friedman first got involved in 2002 by taking second in the $3000 Bellagio Five Diamond Poker Classic for $101K. In 2003, he won his first and only World Series of Poker bracelet in $1500 Pot Limit Omaha for $109K. Also in 2003, he recorded a third place finish in a $1500 Festa Al Lago event for $25K. 2005 brought him another big final table cash, this time a second in a World Series of Poker Tournament Circuit event in San Diego for $363K. A year later, he ran deep in the WSOP Main Event, taking 20th for $494K. Prahlad’s biggest score to date came at the 2009 Legends of Poker where he finished in first place for $1 million. All told, Friedman has $2.3 million in live tournament earnings.
Additionally, Freidman is known for his internet message board raps and has even appeared on T.V., rapping for an ESPN segment of ‘The Nuts’ at the 2006 WSOP. An Ethnic Studies major, he is a vegan and devout follower of Lord Vishnu. His first name, Prahlad, derives from Hindu mythology. He is married to fellow professional poker player Dee Luong.
Related Poker News:
- The Nightly Turbo: Prahlad Friedman Calls Out Haxton and Bonomo, NY Times on Poker Bots, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Prahlad Friedman Joins Team UB, Another Bracelet for Sale, and More
- Prahlad Friedman Video Interview
- WPT Legends of Poker at Bicycle Casino Awards More Than $1 Million to Prahlad Friedman
- The Weekly Turbo: Prahlad Friedman Signs with UB, European Poker Awards Nominees Announced, and More
- WSOP Updates – Down to Ten, But Only Nine Make the Final Table
- Prahlad Friedman Discusses Signing with UB.com
- Peter Jetten Signs with Full Tilt Poker
- Prahlad Friedman Joining Team UB.com?
- Prahlad Freidman Accuses Isaac Haxton, Justin Bonomo of Accounting Sharing
- The Showdown – Episode 3, Part 1
- 2010 WPT Legends of Poker Begins Friday
- BIG BOBTAIL - An open-ended 4-card straight flush.
- HIGH-LOW SPLIT - Forms of poker in which the pot is split between the best hand and best lowball hand.
- FREE CARD - A card dealt after all players checked in a betting round.
- WHEEL - A-2-3-4-5. Usually discussed in the context of lowball where it is the best possible hand. Can also refer to a 5-high straight in high games. Also: BICYCLE.
- EDGE - An advantage over an opponent, either specific or subjective.
- CUT - To break the deck into 2 stacks of at least 5 cards each. Usually performed by the player to the dealer's right to insure that the the deck is not stacked.