The Nightly Turbo: Hellmuth on Good Morning America, a Poker Cruise, and More
Phil Hellmuth will be playing George Stephanopoulos featured on Good Morning America next week, the world’s largest cruise ship is going poker, and more, all in tonight’s Nightly Turbo.
Related Poker News:
- The Nightly Turbo: LAPT Heads to Colombia, Hellmuth on iGaming, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Hellmuth Passes on Premier League, Isildur1 Wins Big, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: The Micros Episode Three, Hellmuth as an ESPN Commentator, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Another Durrrr Challenge, Another Las Vegas Casino Robbery, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Hellmuth Raises Money for the Kids, Blanca Games Responds to Cheating Allegations, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Alec Torelli Leaves Brunson, Bwin Poker’s New Boss, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Phil Ivey Lawsuit Against Tiltware, WSOP Circuit on Versus, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Harrah’s Moves Closer to Landing Planet Hollywood; Online Site Bans Good Players, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: PokerStars VIP Changes, GigaMedia Shares Drop, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: World Poker Tour Returns Sunday, Senator Kyl to Retire, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Hellmuth Talks Legislation, Aussie Millions $250,000 Buy-in, and More
- The Nightly Turbo: Phil Hellmuth Wins at LAPC, FS+G Files for Bankruptcy, and More
- SHORT-STACKED - Playing with a only a small amount of money, thus limiting one's risk and reward.
- ROYAL FLUSH - An ace-high straight flush, the best possible hand in regular poker.
- LOCK - A hand that cannot be beat under any circumstances. Also: NUTS.
- UNDERDOG - Before all the cards are dealt, a hand that does not figure to be the winner. Ant: FAVORITE.
- BURN - To discard the top card of the deck prior to dealing, usually done for every dealing round except the first. The theory being that if somehow the cards are marked (illegally) no one will know what card will next be dealt, only what card will be burned. This makes marked cards less of an advantage, hence tends to reduce cheating.
- QUALIFIER - A minimum standard that a hand must meet in order to win. Usually applied to the lowball side of a high-low split pot.