Tom Dwan, better known as durrrr, is one of the best poker players in the world and is sponsored by Full Tilt Poker. He gained fame by winning millions online and his battles in the Durrrr Challenge is being followed by millions worldwide. We caught up with durrrr for a quick interview at the Bellagio in Las Vegas at the recent WPT Championships and asked him about the challenge and what he does to stay fresh for all the poker action he takes on. We also find out what specific event he’s dying to take down at this year’s 2010 World Series of Poker.
Related Poker News:
- The “durrrr” Challenge: Best Yet to Come or Giant Bust?
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update: Antonius Up by Nearly a Half Million
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update: Dwan Clobbers Antonius for $376,000, Pulls Nearly Even
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update: Antonius Increases Lead
- The “durrrr Challenge” Update: Dwan Gets Back Another $63,000
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update 14: Antonius Bounces Back with $142,000 Win
- Durrrr Challenge Action on Black Friday
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update #2: Antonius Storms Back with $191,000 Win
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update: Antonius Picks Up $9,500 in Quickie Session
- The “durrrr” Challenge: Antonius Shaves $68,000 Off Dwan’s Lead
- The “durrrr” Challenge: Antonius Retakes Lead with $415,000 Win on Full Tilt Poker
- The “durrrr” Challenge: Dwan Expands Lead by $315,000
- BET - To put money into the pot, pursuant to the rules of the game, thus maintaining a chance of winning the pot.
- STEAM - Playing wildly, calling and raising a lot, because one is upset. Compare: ON TILT.
- PASS - Opposite of bet. To check, if checked to. To fold, if bet to.
- OPEN-ENDED STRAIGHT - Four cards to a straight which can be completed by drawing a card at either end. E.g., 6-7-8-9 is an open-ended straight. Also: BOBTAIL STRAIGHT. Compare: INSIDE STRAIGHT.
- SEAT POSITION - The actual seat a player has, normally numbered sequentially starting with 1 as the first seat to dealer's left. Not to be confused with POSITION in a particular pot. Typically unrelated to play of a hand but often important in peripheral aspects, e.g.: "Seats 1 and 10 are nonsmoking here", "Seat 5 has a good view of the table", "Seat 3 is in a high-traffic area".
- BIG BOBTAIL - An open-ended 4-card straight flush.