Tom Dwan, better known as durrrr, is one of the best poker players in the world and is sponsored by Full Tilt Poker. He gained fame by winning millions online and his battles in the Durrrr Challenge is being followed by millions worldwide. We caught up with durrrr for a quick interview at the Bellagio in Las Vegas at the recent WPT Championships and asked him about the challenge and what he does to stay fresh for all the poker action he takes on. We also find out what specific event he’s dying to take down at this year’s 2010 World Series of Poker.
Related Poker News:
- The “durrrr” Challenge: Best Yet to Come or Giant Bust?
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update: Antonius Up by Nearly a Half Million
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update: Dwan Clobbers Antonius for $376,000, Pulls Nearly Even
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update: Antonius Increases Lead
- The “durrrr Challenge” Update: Dwan Gets Back Another $63,000
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update 14: Antonius Bounces Back with $142,000 Win
- Durrrr Challenge Action on Black Friday
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update #2: Antonius Storms Back with $191,000 Win
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update: Antonius Picks Up $9,500 in Quickie Session
- The “durrrr” Challenge: Antonius Shaves $68,000 Off Dwan’s Lead
- The “durrrr” Challenge: Antonius Retakes Lead with $415,000 Win on Full Tilt Poker
- The “durrrr” Challenge: Dwan Expands Lead by $315,000
- RAIL - A barrier dividing the card playing area from a public area.
- SUICIDE KING - King of Hearts. So named because in the drawing the king appears to be stabbing himself in the head.
- SUITED - Two or more cards all the same suit. Ant: OFF-SUIT.
- INSIDE STRAIGHT - Four cards to a straight, where only one rank will complete the hand. E.g., 4-5-6-8 is an inside straight since only a 7 will fill (i.e., complete) the hand. Often called a GUT-SHOT. Compare: BOBTAIL STRAIGHT, OPEN-ENDED STRAIGHT.
- FOLD - To decline to call a bet, thus dropping out of a hand.
- BIG BLIND - A blind bet, usually a raise of an earlier blind which would be called the SMALL BLIND. In limit poker, the BIG BLIND is usually the size of the minimum bet on the first round of betting.