Tom Dwan, better known as durrrr, is one of the best poker players in the world and is sponsored by Full Tilt Poker. He gained fame by winning millions online and his battles in the Durrrr Challenge is being followed by millions worldwide. We caught up with durrrr for a quick interview at the Bellagio in Las Vegas at the recent WPT Championships and asked him about the challenge and what he does to stay fresh for all the poker action he takes on. We also find out what specific event he’s dying to take down at this year’s 2010 World Series of Poker.
Related Poker News:
- The “durrrr” Challenge: Best Yet to Come or Giant Bust?
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update: Antonius Up by Nearly a Half Million
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update: Dwan Clobbers Antonius for $376,000, Pulls Nearly Even
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update: Antonius Increases Lead
- The “durrrr Challenge” Update: Dwan Gets Back Another $63,000
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update 14: Antonius Bounces Back with $142,000 Win
- Durrrr Challenge Action on Black Friday
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update #2: Antonius Storms Back with $191,000 Win
- ‘durrrr Challenge’ Update: Antonius Picks Up $9,500 in Quickie Session
- The “durrrr” Challenge: Antonius Shaves $68,000 Off Dwan’s Lead
- The “durrrr” Challenge: Antonius Retakes Lead with $415,000 Win on Full Tilt Poker
- The “durrrr” Challenge: Dwan Expands Lead by $315,000
- FOLD - To decline to call a bet, thus dropping out of a hand.
- ROYAL FLUSH - An ace-high straight flush, the best possible hand in regular poker.
- CUT - To break the deck into 2 stacks of at least 5 cards each. Usually performed by the player to the dealer's right to insure that the the deck is not stacked.
- BICYCLE - The best possible low hand: A-2-3-4-5. More common term: WHEEL.
- SMALL BLIND - In games with two blinds the first blind is the SMALL BLIND because it is usually one-half (or less) the second or large blind.
- PAT - Holding or being dealt a pat hand. "I'm pat" would mean "I don't want to draw any cards.