Residents Bet Against Poker At Dog Track
A plan to bring poker to a Central Florida dog track is placed on hold after residents complain.
Related Poker News:
- Springfield Residents Play Benefit Poker
- Poker room to hire 100; Clay residents get first chance
- From poker to yoga, new Marley Park club serves up fun
- G-poker: Online Poker Twice as Popular in Canada despite PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker Troubles
- The Nightly Turbo: Maria Ho Signs with UB, Washington Residents No Longer Able to Play on Full Tilt Poker, and More
- Poker Game Ends in Five Deaths
- Gunmen open fire on poker game, killing five
- New Hampshire Poker Run Does Wonders
- Full Tilt Poker To Employ 100 Irish Residents
- Poker Website Is a Legal Gamble
- Northern Plains Residents Play Online Poker During Record Low Temperatures
- Poker for the Average Joe
- TOURNAMENT - A highly structured game involving potentially dozens of tables where all participants pay an entry fee and obtain a fixed number of chips. Once a tournament has started, additional players may not enter. As the game progresses players bust out and are eliminated until only one winner remains.
- INSIDE STRAIGHT - Four cards to a straight, where only one rank will complete the hand. E.g., 4-5-6-8 is an inside straight since only a 7 will fill (i.e., complete) the hand. Often called a GUT-SHOT. Compare: BOBTAIL STRAIGHT, OPEN-ENDED STRAIGHT.
- OMAHA - A variant of Hold'em where each player receives 4 hole cards and must use exactly two of them (together with 3 of 5 board cards) to make a hand. Often played high-low split with an 8 qualifier for low.
- SIDE POT - When an active player runs out of money during the course of a hand, the remaining players participate in a second or SIDE POT for the rest of the hand. Additional side pots are possible if several players run out of money at different points in a hand.
- FLAT CALL - To call a bet. Emphasizes that the caller did not raise.
- FLOORMAN - The casino representative in charge of the card room or a section of a card room. Arbitrates disputes when unusual events happen.