Residents Bet Against Poker At Dog Track
A plan to bring poker to a Central Florida dog track is placed on hold after residents complain.
Related Poker News:
- Springfield Residents Play Benefit Poker
- Poker room to hire 100; Clay residents get first chance
- From poker to yoga, new Marley Park club serves up fun
- G-poker: Online Poker Twice as Popular in Canada despite PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker Troubles
- The Nightly Turbo: Maria Ho Signs with UB, Washington Residents No Longer Able to Play on Full Tilt Poker, and More
- Poker Game Ends in Five Deaths
- Gunmen open fire on poker game, killing five
- New Hampshire Poker Run Does Wonders
- Full Tilt Poker To Employ 100 Irish Residents
- Poker Website Is a Legal Gamble
- Northern Plains Residents Play Online Poker During Record Low Temperatures
- Poker for the Average Joe
Useful poker information:
- FULL HOUSE - A hand consisting of 3-of-a-kind and a (different) pair.
- WHEEL - A-2-3-4-5. Usually discussed in the context of lowball where it is the best possible hand. Can also refer to a 5-high straight in high games. Also: BICYCLE.
- DRAW -  A class of poker games characterized by players being dealt 5 cards face-down and later having the opportunity to replace some of the original 5. "Draw poker" and "Five-card draw" are examples of usage.  In stud and Hold'em games, the set of cards that will be dealt later can be collectively called "the draw".  To discard some number of cards and have dealt an equal number of replacements.
- PAY OFF - Calling a bet with little expectation of winning, unless the opponent is bluffing.
- PROP - Also PROPOSITION PLAYER. An employee of the gaming establishment whose primary purpose is to keep enough players at a table to prevent breaking up the game for lack of players. Unlike SHILLs "props" make a small hourly wage but play with their own money, winning or losing based on their skill.
- TAPPED [OUT] - Out of money. Can refer to a player running out of money in the course of a hand, thus still active for the main pot; or can refer to a player who has lost his bankroll and can no longer play.