Residents Bet Against Poker At Dog Track
A plan to bring poker to a Central Florida dog track is placed on hold after residents complain.
Related Poker News:
- Springfield Residents Play Benefit Poker
- Poker room to hire 100; Clay residents get first chance
- From poker to yoga, new Marley Park club serves up fun
- G-poker: Online Poker Twice as Popular in Canada despite PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker Troubles
- The Nightly Turbo: Maria Ho Signs with UB, Washington Residents No Longer Able to Play on Full Tilt Poker, and More
- Poker Game Ends in Five Deaths
- Gunmen open fire on poker game, killing five
- New Hampshire Poker Run Does Wonders
- Full Tilt Poker To Employ 100 Irish Residents
- Poker Website Is a Legal Gamble
- Northern Plains Residents Play Online Poker During Record Low Temperatures
- Poker for the Average Joe
- FACE CARD - A jack, queen or king (a card with a face on it, not joker).
- OVERPAIR - In Hold'em, a pair in the hole that is larger than any community card on the board.
- TOKE - Gambling term for "tip", as in "Toke the cocktail waitress". Comes from the term "Token of appreciation".
- DOUBLE BELLY BUSTER - A two-way inside straight. E.g., 3-5-6-7-9.
- REBUY -  To purchase additional chips after an initial buy-in, usually after losing most or all of the previous buy-in. This term is most often used in certain tournaments where if one loses all one's chips, or falls below a certain minimum chip level, for an additional sum of money one can purchase a fixed amount of additional tournament chips. Usually there is a time limit (The "REBUY PERIOD") as to how long rebuys are allowed.  The additional chips "rebought" in tournament play.
- FIRE - To make the first bet in a betting round. Used to emphasize that the player bet when a check was possible, showing strength.