Poker Book Review: Matthew Hilger’s ‘Internet Texas Hold’em’
Among the first poker titles to arrive in the new year is a new edition of ‘Internet Texas Hold’em’ by professional player and author Matthew Hilger. Originally published in 2003, this newly revised and expanded…
Related Poker News:
- PokerNews Book Review: Phil Gordon’s Little Gold Book
- PokerNews Book Review: Alex Allison’s The Prodigal
- Poker Book Looks at Tournament Odds
- Poker Book Review – Hunting Fish by Jay Greenspan
- PokerNews Book Review: Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker by Jonathan Little
- PokerNews Book Review: All In by Jerry Yang w/ Interview
- PokerNews Book Review: Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker Volume II
- PokerNews Book Review: Ship It Holla Ballas! by Jonathan Grotenstein & Storms Reback
- PokerNews Book Review: Final Table by Jonathan Duhamel
- PokerNews Book Review: How I Made My First Million From Poker by Tri “SlowHabit” Nguyen
- Book Review: Decide to Play Great Poker by Annie Duke
- PokerNews Book Review: Easy Game 3rd Edition by Andrew Seidman
Useful poker information:
- SPLIT [OPENERS] - In draw poker, to discard one or more openers, usually to draw to a straight or flush. Normally requires the opener to declare the act and retain the discards so that the act of opening can later be validated.
- FLAT LIMIT - A variant of fixed limit where all bets are the same amount.
- STACKED [DECK] - A deck that has been arranged to give one player a huge advantage. Also: RIGGED.
- GOOD GAME - A game with players worse than you so that you can expect to win a lot of money.
- DEAD MONEY - Money contributed to the pot by players who have folded.
- BIG BOBTAIL - An open-ended 4-card straight flush.