Poker Book Review: Matthew Hilger’s ‘Internet Texas Hold’em’
Among the first poker titles to arrive in the new year is a new edition of ‘Internet Texas Hold’em’ by professional player and author Matthew Hilger. Originally published in 2003, this newly revised and expanded…
Related Poker News:
- PokerNews Book Review: Phil Gordon’s Little Gold Book
- PokerNews Book Review: Alex Allison’s The Prodigal
- Poker Book Looks at Tournament Odds
- Poker Book Review – Hunting Fish by Jay Greenspan
- PokerNews Book Review: Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker by Jonathan Little
- PokerNews Book Review: All In by Jerry Yang w/ Interview
- PokerNews Book Review: Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker Volume II
- PokerNews Book Review: Ship It Holla Ballas! by Jonathan Grotenstein & Storms Reback
- PokerNews Book Review: Final Table by Jonathan Duhamel
- PokerNews Book Review: How I Made My First Million From Poker by Tri “SlowHabit” Nguyen
- Book Review: Decide to Play Great Poker by Annie Duke
- PokerNews Book Review: Easy Game 3rd Edition by Andrew Seidman
Useful poker terms:
- FAVORITE - Before all the cards are dealt, a hand that figures to be the winner. Ant: UNDERDOG.
- HOYLE - Edmund Hoyle (1769-?) was the authoritative source for rules of card games. Hoyle is to card rules as Webster is to word definitions.
- LIMIT POKER - A poker game wherein the amount to be bet is fixed, or at most variable within a prescribed minimum and maximum. Ant.: NO-LIMIT POKER.
- SIDE POT - When an active player runs out of money during the course of a hand, the remaining players participate in a second or SIDE POT for the rest of the hand. Additional side pots are possible if several players run out of money at different points in a hand.
- TAP - In no-limit games, to wager all of one's money in one bet.
- STRAIGHT FLUSH - A hand consisting of 5 cards in sequence and the same suit.