Poker Book Review: Matthew Hilger’s ‘Internet Texas Hold’em’
Among the first poker titles to arrive in the new year is a new edition of ‘Internet Texas Hold’em’ by professional player and author Matthew Hilger. Originally published in 2003, this newly revised and expanded…
Related Poker News:
- PokerNews Book Review: Phil Gordon’s Little Gold Book
- PokerNews Book Review: Alex Allison’s The Prodigal
- Poker Book Looks at Tournament Odds
- Poker Book Review – Hunting Fish by Jay Greenspan
- PokerNews Book Review: Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker by Jonathan Little
- PokerNews Book Review: All In by Jerry Yang w/ Interview
- PokerNews Book Review: Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker Volume II
- PokerNews Book Review: Ship It Holla Ballas! by Jonathan Grotenstein & Storms Reback
- PokerNews Book Review: Final Table by Jonathan Duhamel
- PokerNews Book Review: How I Made My First Million From Poker by Tri “SlowHabit” Nguyen
- Book Review: Decide to Play Great Poker by Annie Duke
- PokerNews Book Review: Easy Game 3rd Edition by Andrew Seidman
- BLACK - When referring to chips, black usually stands for $100 casino chips. "This guy sits down with a stack of blacks and raises the first bet." Not ALL casinos use black for $100 but that is the common usage.
- BOARD - The exposed cards in Hold'em and stud. Also BOARD CARDS.
- BEE No. 92 (TM) - Trade name for the "diamond back" cards frequently used in casino games. Compare: RIDER BACK.
- SHARK - A good/crafty player often posing as a fish early in the game.
- STEAM - Playing wildly, calling and raising a lot, because one is upset. Compare: ON TILT.
- PAY STATION - A player who rarely folds, thus who frequently calls better hands and loses. Almost as much fun as a LIVE ONE.