Poker Book Review: Matthew Hilger’s ‘Internet Texas Hold’em’
Among the first poker titles to arrive in the new year is a new edition of ‘Internet Texas Hold’em’ by professional player and author Matthew Hilger. Originally published in 2003, this newly revised and expanded…
Related Poker News:
- PokerNews Book Review: Phil Gordon’s Little Gold Book
- PokerNews Book Review: Alex Allison’s The Prodigal
- Poker Book Looks at Tournament Odds
- Poker Book Review – Hunting Fish by Jay Greenspan
- PokerNews Book Review: Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker by Jonathan Little
- PokerNews Book Review: All In by Jerry Yang w/ Interview
- PokerNews Book Review: Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker Volume II
- PokerNews Book Review: Ship It Holla Ballas! by Jonathan Grotenstein & Storms Reback
- PokerNews Book Review: Final Table by Jonathan Duhamel
- PokerNews Book Review: How I Made My First Million From Poker by Tri “SlowHabit” Nguyen
- Book Review: Decide to Play Great Poker by Annie Duke
- PokerNews Book Review: Easy Game 3rd Edition by Andrew Seidman
Useful poker information:
- FILL - To draw a card that makes a five-card hand (straight, flush, full house, straight flush).
- JOKER - A 53rd card in the deck, distinct from the others, used as a wild card or as a BUG.
- ACTION - Money that is being bet. "NO ACTION" means a hand or game has few bettors and fewer raisers. "Gimme some action" is ostensibly a plea for calls and raises.
- STEAM - Playing wildly, calling and raising a lot, because one is upset. Compare: ON TILT.
- FOURTH STREET - In stud poker, the fourth card dealt to each player. Sometimes used to refer to the fourth community card dealt in Hold'em, although the more common term for this is TURN (q.v.).
- BOAT - A FULL HOUSE, three of a kind and a pair.