New Poker TV Show Launched by Montel Williams
January 28 - The International Team Poker League, hosted by C-list celebrity Montel Williams, will be launched in November and combine online poker playing with television viewing. Televised poker may well have just "jumped the shark"…
Related Poker News:
- Direct Poker and Everest Poker Join Up
- Poker Dome Home Site Adds Value to Players
- Poker News and Gossip Site Launched
- New Poker Show Begins
- New French Poker Brand Launched
- CAR SHOW AND POKER RUN
- PokerStars.tv Officially Launched
- Professional Poker Player Jennifer Powell Has Launched Her Own Web Site
- Gaming Partners International develops anti-theft tracer chips
- Rocket launched from Poker Flats
- New Mac Online Poker Product Launched
- WPT says online gaming rev could overtake TV show
- EDGE - An advantage over an opponent, either specific or subjective.
- TRIP - Three of a specific kind, as in "Trip sixes".
- UNDER THE GUN - The position that has to act first in a round of betting.
- FORCED BET - In some stud games a player may be required to make a bet to start the action on the first card. This is similar conceptually to blinds and antes, but in this case is dependent on the cards shown rather than player position. Usually the weakest hand is forced to bet.
- MUCK -  A collection of face-down cards near the dealer composed of discards, i.e., folded hands, burns and discards for drawing purposes.  To throw one's cards into the muck, thus folding.
- STEAM - Playing wildly, calling and raising a lot, because one is upset. Compare: ON TILT.