New Poker TV Show Launched by Montel Williams
January 28 - The International Team Poker League, hosted by C-list celebrity Montel Williams, will be launched in November and combine online poker playing with television viewing. Televised poker may well have just "jumped the shark"…
Related Poker News:
- Direct Poker and Everest Poker Join Up
- Poker Dome Home Site Adds Value to Players
- Poker News and Gossip Site Launched
- New French Poker Brand Launched
- New Poker Show Begins
- CAR SHOW AND POKER RUN
- PokerStars.tv Officially Launched
- Professional Poker Player Jennifer Powell Has Launched Her Own Web Site
- Rocket launched from Poker Flats
- Gaming Partners International develops anti-theft tracer chips
- New Mac Online Poker Product Launched
- WPT says online gaming rev could overtake TV show
- HOUSE RULE - Rules and interpretations (e.g., use of wild cards, or rules on having to show beaten hands) that are specific to an establishment or even tables within the establishment.
- OFFSUIT - Not of the same suit. "I held A-Q offsuit" or "The flop was 10-6-2 offsuit". When speaking of 5 or more cards, not all/ of the same suit, i.e., no flush, as in "button had A-K-10-8-7 offsuit."
- RAKE - Money taken from each pot and given to the house in return for hosting the game. Usually a percentage of the pot (5%-10%) up to some maximum amount.
- SCOOP - To take all of a pot that is normally split, either by winning both halves outright or winning one half when no players qualify for the other half.
- DRAW OUT - To catch a card that improves your situation from a losing hand to a winning hand, especially when you beat someone holding a hand that usually figures to win.
- CASE - The fourth card of a particular rank, as in "he folded the case 9" when describing where all the 9s were in a hand. Comes from the game of Faro where an employee of the house, called the "case keeper". kept track of the number of each rank of card remaining.