New Poker TV Show Launched by Montel Williams
January 28 - The International Team Poker League, hosted by C-list celebrity Montel Williams, will be launched in November and combine online poker playing with television viewing. Televised poker may well have just "jumped the shark"…
Related Poker News:
- Direct Poker and Everest Poker Join Up
- Poker Dome Home Site Adds Value to Players
- Poker News and Gossip Site Launched
- New Poker Show Begins
- New French Poker Brand Launched
- CAR SHOW AND POKER RUN
- PokerStars.tv Officially Launched
- Professional Poker Player Jennifer Powell Has Launched Her Own Web Site
- Rocket launched from Poker Flats
- Gaming Partners International develops anti-theft tracer chips
- New Mac Online Poker Product Launched
- WPT says online gaming rev could overtake TV show
Useful poker terms:
- RAISE - To wager more than the minimum required to call, forcing other players to put in more money as well.
- FAVORITE - Before all the cards are dealt, a hand that figures to be the winner. Ant: UNDERDOG.
- STACKED [DECK] - A deck that has been arranged to give one player a huge advantage. Also: RIGGED.
- DEALER'S CHOICE - In home games, a rule that permits the dealer to name which poker game to be played that hand. Often limited to selecting from a list provided.
- EXPECTATION - The long-run [dis-]advantage of a given situation, specifically without reference to any particular outcome. I.e., what you figure to win [lose] on average after a large number of repetitions of the same situation.
- RAINBOW - In flop games, a flop in which no two cards are of the same suit. "The flop was A 9 7 rainbow."