New Poker TV Show Launched by Montel Williams
January 28 - The International Team Poker League, hosted by C-list celebrity Montel Williams, will be launched in November and combine online poker playing with television viewing. Televised poker may well have just "jumped the shark"…
Related Poker News:
- Direct Poker and Everest Poker Join Up
- Poker Dome Home Site Adds Value to Players
- Poker News and Gossip Site Launched
- New Poker Show Begins
- New French Poker Brand Launched
- CAR SHOW AND POKER RUN
- PokerStars.tv Officially Launched
- Professional Poker Player Jennifer Powell Has Launched Her Own Web Site
- Gaming Partners International develops anti-theft tracer chips
- Rocket launched from Poker Flats
- New Mac Online Poker Product Launched
- WPT says online gaming rev could overtake TV show
Casino poker language:
- REPRESENT - Implying, by one's betting style, that one has a particular hand.
- LOCK - A hand that cannot be beat under any circumstances. Also: NUTS.
- ON TILT - Playing worse (usually, more aggressively) than usual because a player has become emotionally upset.
- INSIDE STRAIGHT - Four cards to a straight, where only one rank will complete the hand. E.g., 4-5-6-8 is an inside straight since only a 7 will fill (i.e., complete) the hand. Often called a GUT-SHOT. Compare: BOBTAIL STRAIGHT, OPEN-ENDED STRAIGHT.
- SHILL - A card room employee who plays with House money, and does not share in any of his (her) winnings or losses. Shills are used to facilitate starting games, and keeping them going. Compare: PROP.
- RAINBOW - In flop games, a flop in which no two cards are of the same suit. "The flop was A 9 7 rainbow."