New Poker TV Show Launched by Montel Williams
January 28 - The International Team Poker League, hosted by C-list celebrity Montel Williams, will be launched in November and combine online poker playing with television viewing. Televised poker may well have just "jumped the shark"…
Related Poker News:
- Direct Poker and Everest Poker Join Up
- Poker Dome Home Site Adds Value to Players
- Poker News and Gossip Site Launched
- New Poker Show Begins
- New French Poker Brand Launched
- CAR SHOW AND POKER RUN
- PokerStars.tv Officially Launched
- Professional Poker Player Jennifer Powell Has Launched Her Own Web Site
- Gaming Partners International develops anti-theft tracer chips
- Rocket launched from Poker Flats
- New Mac Online Poker Product Launched
- WPT says online gaming rev could overtake TV show
Useful poker terms:
- STRAIGHT - A hand consisting of 5 cards in sequence but not in suit.
- LAY ODDS - To give favorable odds to an opponent.
- PAY STATION - A player who rarely folds, thus who frequently calls better hands and loses. Almost as much fun as a LIVE ONE.
- STAKE - The amount of a player's BUY-IN, or the amount of money they are willing to play with in a given session. Compare: BANKROLL.
- CHECK RAISE - To check initially, then raise a bet made later on in the same betting round. Frequently a sign of strength, but may be a bluff.
- HIT - To make a hand or catch a card or cards that improves one's hand. "I hit a gut-shot draw on the river."