New Poker TV Show Launched by Montel Williams
January 28 - The International Team Poker League, hosted by C-list celebrity Montel Williams, will be launched in November and combine online poker playing with television viewing. Televised poker may well have just "jumped the shark"…
Related Poker News:
- Direct Poker and Everest Poker Join Up
- Poker Dome Home Site Adds Value to Players
- Poker News and Gossip Site Launched
- New Poker Show Begins
- New French Poker Brand Launched
- CAR SHOW AND POKER RUN
- PokerStars.tv Officially Launched
- Professional Poker Player Jennifer Powell Has Launched Her Own Web Site
- Rocket launched from Poker Flats
- Gaming Partners International develops anti-theft tracer chips
- New Mac Online Poker Product Launched
- WPT says online gaming rev could overtake TV show
- SHILL - A card room employee who plays with House money, and does not share in any of his (her) winnings or losses. Shills are used to facilitate starting games, and keeping them going. Compare: PROP.
- SEAT POSITION - The actual seat a player has, normally numbered sequentially starting with 1 as the first seat to dealer's left. Not to be confused with POSITION in a particular pot. Typically unrelated to play of a hand but often important in peripheral aspects, e.g.: "Seats 1 and 10 are nonsmoking here", "Seat 5 has a good view of the table", "Seat 3 is in a high-traffic area".
- ACTION - Money that is being bet. "NO ACTION" means a hand or game has few bettors and fewer raisers. "Gimme some action" is ostensibly a plea for calls and raises.
- BUTTON - A distinctive token held by the player sitting in the theoretical dealer's position, when a house dealer is used. The button rotates around the table so that every player has an opportunity to be the last to act. Also, "THE BUTTON" can refer to the player who currently has the button. ("I was the button and called the blind".) Synonyms: BUCK, PUCK.
- HOYLE - Edmund Hoyle (1769-?) was the authoritative source for rules of card games. Hoyle is to card rules as Webster is to word definitions.
- FREEROLL -  A poker tournament that does not charge a buy-in fee; players must earn buy-in credits through previous play at the same establishment.  Having a lock on part of a pot (sure to win a greater fraction of the pot than one is betting) and playing to win more or all of it.