Kentucky to Challenge Appeals Court Decision
January 27 - PPA expresses outrage that Kentucky authorities are spending more time and money to challenge last week’s online gambling domain decision.
Related Poker News:
- Kentucky Appellate Court Rules Against Online Gambling Domain Seizures
- Seven-day Wait Period Announced in Kentucky Domain Seizure
- iMEGA Files Petition for Dismissal in Kentucky Appeals Court
- Kentucky to Take Internet Domain Seizure Case to State Supreme Court
- Kentucky Supreme Court Seizure Ruling
- Kentucky Court Affirms Seizure of Poker Domain Names
- PPA Praises Kentucky Online Gaming Decision
- Kentucky Internet Gambling Decision May Come January 21st
- Kentucky Court of Appeals Grants Motion to Transfer Internet Gambling Case
- Court Overturns Poker Decision
- IMEGA Refiles With the Kentucky Supreme Court
- Kentucky Supreme Court to Hear Internet Gambling Case
Useful poker terms:
- CRYING CALL - A call made with little chance of ultimately winning, but marginally better than an immediate fold.
- ACTION - Money that is being bet. "NO ACTION" means a hand or game has few bettors and fewer raisers. "Gimme some action" is ostensibly a plea for calls and raises.
- STAKE - The amount of a player's BUY-IN, or the amount of money they are willing to play with in a given session. Compare: BANKROLL.
- RERAISE - To raise after an opponent has raised.
- BICYCLE - The best possible low hand: A-2-3-4-5. More common term: WHEEL.
- OPEN-HANDED - A category of games characterized by a part of each player's hand being exposed.