Kentucky to Challenge Appeals Court Decision
January 27 - PPA expresses outrage that Kentucky authorities are spending more time and money to challenge last week’s online gambling domain decision.
Related Poker News:
- Kentucky Appellate Court Rules Against Online Gambling Domain Seizures
- Seven-day Wait Period Announced in Kentucky Domain Seizure
- iMEGA Files Petition for Dismissal in Kentucky Appeals Court
- Kentucky to Take Internet Domain Seizure Case to State Supreme Court
- Kentucky Supreme Court Seizure Ruling
- Kentucky Court Affirms Seizure of Poker Domain Names
- PPA Praises Kentucky Online Gaming Decision
- Kentucky Internet Gambling Decision May Come January 21st
- Kentucky Court of Appeals Grants Motion to Transfer Internet Gambling Case
- Court Overturns Poker Decision
- IMEGA Refiles With the Kentucky Supreme Court
- Kentucky Supreme Court to Hear Internet Gambling Case
Useful poker terms:
- FIFTH STREET - In stud poker, the fifth card to be dealt to each player. Sometimes used to refer to the last card dealt in Hold'em, although the more common term for this is RIVER (q.v.).
- RING GAME - A standard game where players can come and go as they choose. The opposite of TOURNAMENT.
- COLD CALL - Calling both a bet and raise at the same time, as opposed to calling a bet then later calling a raise made after the call.
- EXPECTATION - The long-run [dis-]advantage of a given situation, specifically without reference to any particular outcome. I.e., what you figure to win [lose] on average after a large number of repetitions of the same situation.
- FULL OF - Describes a full house. "Fives full of queens" is 5-5-5-Q-Q.
- SEMI-BLUFF - To bluff with a come hand that figures to win if it hits.