NBC Heads-Up Poker Championship First Round Pairings Announced
Last night the 2008 NBC National Heads-Up Poker Championship pairings party was held at the nightclub Pure, at Caesars Palace. The results yielded some interesting first round match-ups. Online phenom Jonathan ‘FieryJustice’ Little will…
Related Poker News:
- HeadsUp Entertainment to Accelerate Growth Strategy in Canadian Poker Market
- HeadsUp Entertainment Inc. Launches National Broadcast Premiere of The 2008 Canadian Open Poker Championships
- HeadsUp Entertainment Inc. Announces the 2008 Canadian Open Poker Championships
- HeadsUp Entertainment Inc. Completes Takeover of The Canadian Poker Tour and Canadian Poker Player Magazine
- HeadsUp Entertainment Inc. Announces Poker “Super Cruise” On Royal Caribbean’s “Freedom of the Seas”
- HeadsUp Entertainment Successfully Launches Beta Test of Canadian Poker Player Television Network
- HeadsUp Entertainment International Inc.: Joe Hachem Confirmed to Play at the 2008 Canadian Open Poker Championships
- MoboVivo and HeadsUp Entertainment Bring Poker Television Online
- HeadsUp Entertainment Confirms Celebrity and Pro Players to Attend the 2008 Canadian Open Poker Championships in Calgary
- Event #25, $10,000 Heads-Up NLHE World Championship: Round of 32 Set
- NBC National Heads-Up Poker Championship Round One Highlights
- NBC National Heads-Up Championship Brackets Announced
- RACE - In tournaments it is sometimes convenient to remove all lower-denomination chips from play, as the remaining players' stacks tend to grow. Small chips are converted to larger chips and any odd chips are "raced off" in the following way: each player with odd chips places them in front of his stack and is dealt one card for each chip. Highest card (rank and suit) takes all the small chips and converts them to higher-denomination chips.
- BET FOR VALUE - Betting a hand that, in the long run, is expected to win more than it loses. Antonym: BLUFF.
- BICYCLE - The best possible low hand: A-2-3-4-5. More common term: WHEEL.
- BET - To put money into the pot, pursuant to the rules of the game, thus maintaining a chance of winning the pot.
- FLUSH - A poker hand consisting of five cards all one suit.
- BELLY BUSTER - An inside straight draw. Same as GUTSHOT.