Celebrities Hang Tough at WSOP
Hollywood is a land of make believe, where the power players are those who excel in pretending to be something they are not, but when it comes to playing poker many of these actors and actresses are the real deal, including Spiderman star Tobey Maguire. The star of all three Spiderman movies, Toby first appeared at the WSOP in 2004 and played respectably. Now Maguire is one of the few celebrities left in the 2007 World Series of Poker’s main event, playing for an eight million dollar prize…
Related Poker News:
- Veterans in tough at poker’s top table
- Celebrities Hit The Poker Tables In OKC For MDA
- WSOP Hard on Women Celebrities
- Tough Poker Tourney Combines Poker and NASCAR
- Bodog.com Sponsors Celebrities at WSOP
- 2006 WSOP: Bodog Floats WSOP Celebs
- Hanging out in New Orleans
- Dr. Pauly at the 2008 WSOP: Celebrities at the World Series of Poker
- Celebrities Play Poker For Darfur
- Nicky Hilton Joins Poker Loving Celebrities
- Monday March 03, 2008 - 15:39 EST
- PokerNews Op-Ed: Are Celebrities Good for Poker?
- FIRE - To make the first bet in a betting round. Used to emphasize that the player bet when a check was possible, showing strength.
- OPEN-HANDED - A category of games characterized by a part of each player's hand being exposed.
- SPLIT [THE POT] - To split the pot between two or more players. Related term: QUARTER.
- HIGH-LOW SPLIT - Forms of poker in which the pot is split between the best hand and best lowball hand.
- DEALER'S CHOICE - In home games, a rule that permits the dealer to name which poker game to be played that hand. Often limited to selecting from a list provided.
- OVERCALL - To call a bet after one or more players already called.