Celebrities Hang Tough at WSOP
Hollywood is a land of make believe, where the power players are those who excel in pretending to be something they are not, but when it comes to playing poker many of these actors and actresses are the real deal, including Spiderman star Tobey Maguire. The star of all three Spiderman movies, Toby first appeared at the WSOP in 2004 and played respectably. Now Maguire is one of the few celebrities left in the 2007 World Series of Poker’s main event, playing for an eight million dollar prize…
Related Poker News:
- Veterans in tough at poker’s top table
- Celebrities Hit The Poker Tables In OKC For MDA
- WSOP Hard on Women Celebrities
- Tough Poker Tourney Combines Poker and NASCAR
- Bodog.com Sponsors Celebrities at WSOP
- 2006 WSOP: Bodog Floats WSOP Celebs
- Hanging out in New Orleans
- Dr. Pauly at the 2008 WSOP: Celebrities at the World Series of Poker
- Celebrities Play Poker For Darfur
- Nicky Hilton Joins Poker Loving Celebrities
- Monday March 03, 2008 - 15:39 EST
- PokerNews Op-Ed: Are Celebrities Good for Poker?
- SUICIDE KING - King of Hearts. So named because in the drawing the king appears to be stabbing himself in the head.
- BUNNY - An eight. So named because one can easily draw "rabbit ears" above the numeral 8, "paws" in the middle and "feet" at the bottom. (Do this only at home, and not on cards that will be used for play.)
- THIRD STREET - In Stud, the third card dealt to each player.
- FOURTH STREET - In stud poker, the fourth card dealt to each player. Sometimes used to refer to the fourth community card dealt in Hold'em, although the more common term for this is TURN (q.v.).
- SHORT-STACKED - Playing with a only a small amount of money, thus limiting one's risk and reward.
- STACKED [DECK] - A deck that has been arranged to give one player a huge advantage. Also: RIGGED.