Celebrities Hang Tough at WSOP
Hollywood is a land of make believe, where the power players are those who excel in pretending to be something they are not, but when it comes to playing poker many of these actors and actresses are the real deal, including Spiderman star Tobey Maguire. The star of all three Spiderman movies, Toby first appeared at the WSOP in 2004 and played respectably. Now Maguire is one of the few celebrities left in the 2007 World Series of Poker’s main event, playing for an eight million dollar prize…
Related Poker News:
- Veterans in tough at poker’s top table
- Celebrities Hit The Poker Tables In OKC For MDA
- WSOP Hard on Women Celebrities
- Tough Poker Tourney Combines Poker and NASCAR
- Bodog.com Sponsors Celebrities at WSOP
- 2006 WSOP: Bodog Floats WSOP Celebs
- Hanging out in New Orleans
- Dr. Pauly at the 2008 WSOP: Celebrities at the World Series of Poker
- Celebrities Play Poker For Darfur
- Nicky Hilton Joins Poker Loving Celebrities
- Monday March 03, 2008 - 15:39 EST
- PokerNews Op-Ed: Are Celebrities Good for Poker?
- FIXED LIMIT - A betting structure where the amount of each bet is a specific fixed quantity. Usually specified as A-B, where A is the amount to bet in the first few betting rounds and B (larger than A) is the amount bet in the later rounds. Related terms: FLAT LIMIT, NO LIMIT, POT LIMIT, SPREAD LIMIT.
- BURN - To discard the top card of the deck prior to dealing, usually done for every dealing round except the first. The theory being that if somehow the cards are marked (illegally) no one will know what card will next be dealt, only what card will be burned. This makes marked cards less of an advantage, hence tends to reduce cheating.
- WIRED [PAIR] - A pair in the hole. In 5-card stud, a door card that pairs the hole card.
- BLANK - Used in describing stud and Hold'em games. Refers to a dealt card that does not offer any value; stating the actual rank and suit would detract from a description of the hand. "The last card was a blank.".
- RIVER - The last card dealt in a hand of stud or Hold'em.
- SUICIDE KING - King of Hearts. So named because in the drawing the king appears to be stabbing himself in the head.