Poker boom hits home in South Africa
SOUTH AFRICA - As reported by the (South African) Sunday Times: “The online poker industry has burgeoned, despite being illegal in terms of the National Gambling Act of 2004.
Related Poker News:
- US player wins SA poker event
- Online Poker Bill Under Fire in South Africa
- New Bill Legalizes Gambling ins South Africa
- World Series of Poker Heads to South Africa
- Online Poker Likely Legal in South Africa
- Poker Pro Europe Magazine Expands Distribution into South Africa
- Online Poker Now Legal in South Africa
- Dominik Nitsche Wins World Poker Tour South Africa
- South Africa Looks to Make Internet Poker Legal
- Online Poker Room Sends Players to South Africa
- South Africa Considers Online Casino Legalisation
- South African PokerNews Open: Bertilsson Leads Final Table
- HOUSE RULE - Rules and interpretations (e.g., use of wild cards, or rules on having to show beaten hands) that are specific to an establishment or even tables within the establishment.
- BET - To put money into the pot, pursuant to the rules of the game, thus maintaining a chance of winning the pot.
- QUARTER -  Twenty-five dollars, often symbolized by a green casino chip.  To divide half a pot between two tying hands. In split pot games, a player who "ties" another player for their half of the pot is said to be "quartered". One might say "I didn't bet my A-2 because I figured I'd get quartered".
- LIMIT POKER - A poker game wherein the amount to be bet is fixed, or at most variable within a prescribed minimum and maximum. Ant.: NO-LIMIT POKER.
- BOAT - A FULL HOUSE, three of a kind and a pair.
- UNDER THE GUN - The position that has to act first in a round of betting.