Poker Loss Hits Empire Sales
Internet gambling group Empire Online saw a slight fall in first quarter earnings after the sale of its Empire Poker site.
Related Poker News:
- Empire Online sales down after poker sale
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- Another Good Reason Not To Play At Empire Poker
- Empire Poker Still Popular
- Empire Poker Knew Of Possible Damage
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- US Loss Means Profit Loss to Paradise Poker
- Dip In Empire Online Poker Empire
- Empire, Party Close to Settlement; New Partnership Possible?
- Empire Poker No Longer The Place To Play Online Poker
- Poker War Has Begun
- FOUR OF A KIND - A hand containing all four cards of the same rank.
- ALL-IN - To have all of one's chips in the pot. A player who is all-in cannot be forced out of the pot by more betting, but is only eligible to win that portion of the pot he has contributed to. Generally, a SIDE POT is created each time a player is all-in.
- RUSH - A winning streak. Also "ON A RUSH".
- LIVE [CARD] - In Stud, a card probably not held by other players.
- FREEROLL -  A poker tournament that does not charge a buy-in fee; players must earn buy-in credits through previous play at the same establishment.  Having a lock on part of a pot (sure to win a greater fraction of the pot than one is betting) and playing to win more or all of it.
- TELL - Any personal mannerisms that reveal the quality of one's hand. E.g., constantly looking at one's hole cards is often a tell of a poor hand. (Some players, knowing this, will at times check their hole cards when they have a great hand and don't need to look.)