Poker Loss Hits Empire Sales
Internet gambling group Empire Online saw a slight fall in first quarter earnings after the sale of its Empire Poker site.
Related Poker News:
- Empire Online sales down after poker sale
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- Another Good Reason Not To Play At Empire Poker
- Empire Poker Still Popular
- Empire Poker Knew Of Possible Damage
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- US Loss Means Profit Loss to Paradise Poker
- Dip In Empire Online Poker Empire
- Empire, Party Close to Settlement; New Partnership Possible?
- Empire Poker No Longer The Place To Play Online Poker
- Poker War Has Begun
- BAD-BEAT JACKPOT - In some cardrooms, a prize that is shared by the players in a game, when a very good hand (usually Aces full, or better) is beaten by a higher hand. Jackpots are usually financed by taking a drop ($1 is a common amount) from every pot. A typical division of the jackpot will give the losing hand 50 %, the winning hand 25 %, and the other players at the table share the remaining 25 % of the Jackpot.
- EVEN-MONEY - A bet that pays off exactly the amount wagered. E.g., "Double or nothing" is an even-money bet.
- WHITE BLACKBIRD - A hand so astonishingly rare as to be unworthy of the opponents' consideration, e.g., being dealt a pat royal flush in 5-card draw.
- S&M - Sklansky & Malmuth. Generally refers to the ideas and algorithms published by these two authors. When used in a 7-card stud context, often refers to "7 Card Stud For Advanced Players", and when used in a Hold'em context, often refers to "Texas Hold'em For Advanced Players".
- FISH - A player who loses money. An old saying is "If you can't spot the fish at the table, *you* are the fish.".
- SHARK - A good/crafty player often posing as a fish early in the game.