Poker Loss Hits Empire Sales
Internet gambling group Empire Online saw a slight fall in first quarter earnings after the sale of its Empire Poker site.
Related Poker News:
- Empire Online sales down after poker sale
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- Another Good Reason Not To Play At Empire Poker
- Empire Poker Still Popular
- Empire Poker Knew Of Possible Damage
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- US Loss Means Profit Loss to Paradise Poker
- Dip In Empire Online Poker Empire
- Empire, Party Close to Settlement; New Partnership Possible?
- Empire Poker No Longer The Place To Play Online Poker
- Poker War Has Begun
Useful poker information:
- TOP TWO PAIR - In flop games, having hole cards that make the highest possible two pair hand.
- REBUY -  To purchase additional chips after an initial buy-in, usually after losing most or all of the previous buy-in. This term is most often used in certain tournaments where if one loses all one's chips, or falls below a certain minimum chip level, for an additional sum of money one can purchase a fixed amount of additional tournament chips. Usually there is a time limit (The "REBUY PERIOD") as to how long rebuys are allowed.  The additional chips "rebought" in tournament play.
- STUD - Any of several poker games in which some of each players' cards are exposed.
- QUALIFIER - A minimum standard that a hand must meet in order to win. Usually applied to the lowball side of a high-low split pot.
- FOUR OF A KIND - A hand containing all four cards of the same rank.
- FIXED LIMIT - A betting structure where the amount of each bet is a specific fixed quantity. Usually specified as A-B, where A is the amount to bet in the first few betting rounds and B (larger than A) is the amount bet in the later rounds. Related terms: FLAT LIMIT, NO LIMIT, POT LIMIT, SPREAD LIMIT.