Poker Loss Hits Empire Sales
Internet gambling group Empire Online saw a slight fall in first quarter earnings after the sale of its Empire Poker site.
Related Poker News:
- Empire Online sales down after poker sale
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- Another Good Reason Not To Play At Empire Poker
- Empire Poker Still Popular
- Empire Poker Knew Of Possible Damage
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- US Loss Means Profit Loss to Paradise Poker
- Dip In Empire Online Poker Empire
- Empire, Party Close to Settlement; New Partnership Possible?
- Empire Poker No Longer The Place To Play Online Poker
- Poker War Has Begun
- TABLE STAKES - A standard rule whereby during a hand players can only bet the money they have on the table. If the bet to a player is more than the player's stack, that player may call with all his chips and be eligible to win only that portion of the pot he contributed to equally. A side pot is created, for which only the remaining players may compete.
- TURN - The fourth community card in Hold'em.
- FIFTH STREET - In stud poker, the fifth card to be dealt to each player. Sometimes used to refer to the last card dealt in Hold'em, although the more common term for this is RIVER (q.v.).
- SET - In Hold'em, three of a kind where two of the cards are hole cards.
- TAPPED [OUT] - Out of money. Can refer to a player running out of money in the course of a hand, thus still active for the main pot; or can refer to a player who has lost his bankroll and can no longer play.
- CRYING CALL - A call made with little chance of ultimately winning, but marginally better than an immediate fold.