Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
Party Gaming has agreed to buy the "skin" activities of Empire Online for $250 million dollars. The deal is conditional upon the approval of Empire Online’s shareholders. Empire Online will now concentrate it’s marketing efforts on Noble Poker and Club Dice Casino.
Related Poker News:
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settlement with PartyGaming close at hand
- Empire Online Sues PartyGaming for Breach of Contract
- Online Poker Feud Ending
- PartyGaming Outplay Empire In The Biggest Poker Game
- Poker War Has Begun
- Empire Poker Still Popular
- PartyGaming Approaches Empire Online About a Takeover
- Empire Poker to Sue PartyGaming
- PartyGaming Buys Empire Poker
- Former Poker Pals Clash
Casino poker language:
- PAY STATION - A player who rarely folds, thus who frequently calls better hands and loses. Almost as much fun as a LIVE ONE.
- UNDERDOG - Before all the cards are dealt, a hand that does not figure to be the winner. Ant: FAVORITE.
- OVER - A term used in describing two pair or a full house. "Kings over tens" means two pair, kings and tens. "Jacks over", also "Jacks up" describes a hand that is two pair: Jacks with an unspecified lower pair. Also used to describe a full house, distinguishing the three of a kind from the pair. The hand J-J-J-A-A could be described as "Full house, Jacks over Aces".
- WIRED [PAIR] - A pair in the hole. In 5-card stud, a door card that pairs the hole card.
- BUTTON CHARGE - A periodic fee paid by whoever is the button, perhaps every 20 minutes or 30 minutes. Constitutes part or all of the HOUSE CUT.
- GUT SHOT - A draw to an inside straight, as in 2-3-4-6.