Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
Party Gaming has agreed to buy the "skin" activities of Empire Online for $250 million dollars. The deal is conditional upon the approval of Empire Online’s shareholders. Empire Online will now concentrate it’s marketing efforts on Noble Poker and Club Dice Casino.
Related Poker News:
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settlement with PartyGaming close at hand
- Empire Online Sues PartyGaming for Breach of Contract
- Online Poker Feud Ending
- PartyGaming Outplay Empire In The Biggest Poker Game
- Poker War Has Begun
- Empire Poker Still Popular
- PartyGaming Approaches Empire Online About a Takeover
- Empire Poker to Sue PartyGaming
- PartyGaming Buys Empire Poker
- Former Poker Pals Clash
- EXPECTATION - The long-run [dis-]advantage of a given situation, specifically without reference to any particular outcome. I.e., what you figure to win [lose] on average after a large number of repetitions of the same situation.
- DEALER'S CHOICE - In home games, a rule that permits the dealer to name which poker game to be played that hand. Often limited to selecting from a list provided.
- PROP - Also PROPOSITION PLAYER. An employee of the gaming establishment whose primary purpose is to keep enough players at a table to prevent breaking up the game for lack of players. Unlike SHILLs "props" make a small hourly wage but play with their own money, winning or losing based on their skill.
- SCOOP - To take all of a pot that is normally split, either by winning both halves outright or winning one half when no players qualify for the other half.
- S&M - Sklansky & Malmuth. Generally refers to the ideas and algorithms published by these two authors. When used in a 7-card stud context, often refers to "7 Card Stud For Advanced Players", and when used in a Hold'em context, often refers to "Texas Hold'em For Advanced Players".
- SEAT POSITION - The actual seat a player has, normally numbered sequentially starting with 1 as the first seat to dealer's left. Not to be confused with POSITION in a particular pot. Typically unrelated to play of a hand but often important in peripheral aspects, e.g.: "Seats 1 and 10 are nonsmoking here", "Seat 5 has a good view of the table", "Seat 3 is in a high-traffic area".