PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
A settlement for $200 million. That’s what it looks like it will take to finally bring an end to the hostilities between online poker providers PartyGaming and Empire Online. PartyGaming is reportedly prepared to compensate Empire Online with this huge sum in light of having cut off its poker site, Empire Poker, from the millions-strong PartyGaming player base. As of last year’s severance of ties between the two organizations, Empire Poker was left with only a small percentage of active poker players on the site, causing "substantial damage" to Empire Online revenues.
Related Poker News:
- Empire Online settlement with PartyGaming close at hand
- PartyGaming Founder Anurag Dikshit Reported to Settle with US Authorities
- PartyGaming pays $250m to settle Empire suit
- Online Poker Landscape Set To Change As PartyGaming Makes A Big Move
- Online Poker Feud Ending
- PartyGaming To Take Online Poker To Next Level In 2006
- PartyGaming Announces 2005 Financials, CEO’s departure
- PartyGaming Considering Empire Poker Purchase
- PartyGaming Outplay Empire In The Biggest Poker Game
- UIGEA Effects: Hints from Online Poker’s Financials
- PartyGaming Earnings Report: CEO Garber to Step Down
- PartyGaming buys MultiPoker and IntertopsPoker skins
- MITES AND LICE - A hand consisting of two pair, threes over twos.
- BUTTON - A distinctive token held by the player sitting in the theoretical dealer's position, when a house dealer is used. The button rotates around the table so that every player has an opportunity to be the last to act. Also, "THE BUTTON" can refer to the player who currently has the button. ("I was the button and called the blind".) Synonyms: BUCK, PUCK.
- TO GO - The current betting level, as in "$20 to go" meaning every player must contribute $20 (total) or drop. A $10 raise would then make the pot "$30 to go".
- FIRE - To make the first bet in a betting round. Used to emphasize that the player bet when a check was possible, showing strength.
- EXPECTATION - The long-run [dis-]advantage of a given situation, specifically without reference to any particular outcome. I.e., what you figure to win [lose] on average after a large number of repetitions of the same situation.
- FIFTH STREET - In stud poker, the fifth card to be dealt to each player. Sometimes used to refer to the last card dealt in Hold'em, although the more common term for this is RIVER (q.v.).