PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
A settlement for $200 million. That’s what it looks like it will take to finally bring an end to the hostilities between online poker providers PartyGaming and Empire Online. PartyGaming is reportedly prepared to compensate Empire Online with this huge sum in light of having cut off its poker site, Empire Poker, from the millions-strong PartyGaming player base. As of last year’s severance of ties between the two organizations, Empire Poker was left with only a small percentage of active poker players on the site, causing "substantial damage" to Empire Online revenues.
Related Poker News:
- Empire Online settlement with PartyGaming close at hand
- PartyGaming Founder Anurag Dikshit Reported to Settle with US Authorities
- PartyGaming pays $250m to settle Empire suit
- Online Poker Landscape Set To Change As PartyGaming Makes A Big Move
- Online Poker Feud Ending
- PartyGaming To Take Online Poker To Next Level In 2006
- PartyGaming Announces 2005 Financials, CEO’s departure
- PartyGaming Considering Empire Poker Purchase
- PartyGaming Outplay Empire In The Biggest Poker Game
- UIGEA Effects: Hints from Online Poker’s Financials
- PartyGaming Earnings Report: CEO Garber to Step Down
- PartyGaming buys MultiPoker and IntertopsPoker skins
- LEAK - To show one's hole cards (often unknowingly).
- S&M - Sklansky & Malmuth. Generally refers to the ideas and algorithms published by these two authors. When used in a 7-card stud context, often refers to "7 Card Stud For Advanced Players", and when used in a Hold'em context, often refers to "Texas Hold'em For Advanced Players".
- OPEN - Make the first bet in a hand, especially in draw poker.
- OPEN-HANDED - A category of games characterized by a part of each player's hand being exposed.
- GOOD GAME - A game with players worse than you so that you can expect to win a lot of money.
- SHORT-STACKED - Playing with a only a small amount of money, thus limiting one's risk and reward.