PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
A settlement for $200 million. That’s what it looks like it will take to finally bring an end to the hostilities between online poker providers PartyGaming and Empire Online. PartyGaming is reportedly prepared to compensate Empire Online with this huge sum in light of having cut off its poker site, Empire Poker, from the millions-strong PartyGaming player base. As of last year’s severance of ties between the two organizations, Empire Poker was left with only a small percentage of active poker players on the site, causing "substantial damage" to Empire Online revenues.
Related Poker News:
- Empire Online settlement with PartyGaming close at hand
- PartyGaming Founder Anurag Dikshit Reported to Settle with US Authorities
- PartyGaming pays $250m to settle Empire suit
- Online Poker Landscape Set To Change As PartyGaming Makes A Big Move
- Online Poker Feud Ending
- PartyGaming To Take Online Poker To Next Level In 2006
- PartyGaming Announces 2005 Financials, CEO’s departure
- PartyGaming Considering Empire Poker Purchase
- PartyGaming Outplay Empire In The Biggest Poker Game
- UIGEA Effects: Hints from Online Poker’s Financials
- PartyGaming Earnings Report: CEO Garber to Step Down
- PartyGaming buys MultiPoker and IntertopsPoker skins
- MUCK -  A collection of face-down cards near the dealer composed of discards, i.e., folded hands, burns and discards for drawing purposes.  To throw one's cards into the muck, thus folding.
- SEMI-BLUFF - To bluff with a come hand that figures to win if it hits.
- CALLER - One who calls. Sometimes used collectively, as in "3 callers".
- STACKED [DECK] - A deck that has been arranged to give one player a huge advantage. Also: RIGGED.
- DRAWING DEAD - A draw in which it is impossible to obtain a winning hand for any of a variety of reasons: an opponent's hand is better than whatever you are drawing to, the card(s) that make your hand are out of play, or (in Hold'em) give an opponent a stronger hand even if it makes yours. Frequently used in the past tense, since one rarely knows it at the time.
- RIVER - The last card dealt in a hand of stud or Hold'em.