PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
A settlement for $200 million. That’s what it looks like it will take to finally bring an end to the hostilities between online poker providers PartyGaming and Empire Online. PartyGaming is reportedly prepared to compensate Empire Online with this huge sum in light of having cut off its poker site, Empire Poker, from the millions-strong PartyGaming player base. As of last year’s severance of ties between the two organizations, Empire Poker was left with only a small percentage of active poker players on the site, causing "substantial damage" to Empire Online revenues.
Related Poker News:
- Empire Online settlement with PartyGaming close at hand
- PartyGaming Founder Anurag Dikshit Reported to Settle with US Authorities
- PartyGaming pays $250m to settle Empire suit
- Online Poker Landscape Set To Change As PartyGaming Makes A Big Move
- Online Poker Feud Ending
- PartyGaming To Take Online Poker To Next Level In 2006
- PartyGaming Announces 2005 Financials, CEO’s departure
- PartyGaming Considering Empire Poker Purchase
- PartyGaming Outplay Empire In The Biggest Poker Game
- UIGEA Effects: Hints from Online Poker’s Financials
- PartyGaming Earnings Report: CEO Garber to Step Down
- PartyGaming buys MultiPoker and IntertopsPoker skins
- FLUSH - A poker hand consisting of five cards all one suit.
- SIXTH STREET - The sixth card dealt in 7-card stud.
- BEE No. 92 (TM) - Trade name for the "diamond back" cards frequently used in casino games. Compare: RIDER BACK.
- BET FOR VALUE - Betting a hand that, in the long run, is expected to win more than it loses. Antonym: BLUFF.
- OVERCALL - To call a bet after one or more players already called.
- STUCK - Down a nontrivial amount of money, as in "he's stuck $800".