PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
A settlement for $200 million. That’s what it looks like it will take to finally bring an end to the hostilities between online poker providers PartyGaming and Empire Online. PartyGaming is reportedly prepared to compensate Empire Online with this huge sum in light of having cut off its poker site, Empire Poker, from the millions-strong PartyGaming player base. As of last year’s severance of ties between the two organizations, Empire Poker was left with only a small percentage of active poker players on the site, causing "substantial damage" to Empire Online revenues.
Related Poker News:
- Empire Online settlement with PartyGaming close at hand
- PartyGaming Founder Anurag Dikshit Reported to Settle with US Authorities
- PartyGaming pays $250m to settle Empire suit
- Online Poker Landscape Set To Change As PartyGaming Makes A Big Move
- Online Poker Feud Ending
- PartyGaming To Take Online Poker To Next Level In 2006
- PartyGaming Announces 2005 Financials, CEO’s departure
- PartyGaming Considering Empire Poker Purchase
- PartyGaming Outplay Empire In The Biggest Poker Game
- UIGEA Effects: Hints from Online Poker’s Financials
- PartyGaming Earnings Report: CEO Garber to Step Down
- PartyGaming buys MultiPoker and IntertopsPoker skins
- ASSAULT RIFLE - In Omaha, hole cards that are A-K-4-7 of any suit(s).
- SUITED - Two or more cards all the same suit. Ant: OFF-SUIT.
- WHITE BLACKBIRD - A hand so astonishingly rare as to be unworthy of the opponents' consideration, e.g., being dealt a pat royal flush in 5-card draw.
- POSITION - One's location in the betting sequence, relative to the players still in the hand. First position is first to act.
- FOURTH STREET - In stud poker, the fourth card dealt to each player. Sometimes used to refer to the fourth community card dealt in Hold'em, although the more common term for this is TURN (q.v.).
- EDGE - An advantage over an opponent, either specific or subjective.