Empire, Party Close to Settlement; New Partnership Possible?
Empire Online, operator of online poker room, Empire Poker, said today that it was in “advanced discussions” with former partner, PartyGaming …
Related Poker News:
- Empire Poker And Party Poker In Discussion
- Empire Online settlement with PartyGaming close at hand
- Empire Poker Knew Of Possible Damage
- Another Good Reason Not To Play At Empire Poker
- Online Poker War Heats Up - Empire Sues Party For $1 Billion
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- Empire Online Threatens To Sue Party Gaming
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- The Empire fights back
- PartyGaming Takes Over Empire Online For $250 Million
- Party Stock Rises on U.S. Settlement Rumor
- The Online Poker Empire Still Stands: Empire Online Reports Significant Growth in Fourth Quarter
- TABLE STAKES - A standard rule whereby during a hand players can only bet the money they have on the table. If the bet to a player is more than the player's stack, that player may call with all his chips and be eligible to win only that portion of the pot he contributed to equally. A side pot is created, for which only the remaining players may compete.
- WORLD SERIES OF POKER - A series of several different poker games with relatively large buy-ins, culminating in a $10,000 buy-in no-limit Hold'em tournament, the winner of which is crowned the World Poker Champion. Sponsored by Binion's Horseshoe Club in Las Vegas.
- SHILL - A card room employee who plays with House money, and does not share in any of his (her) winnings or losses. Shills are used to facilitate starting games, and keeping them going. Compare: PROP.
- CAP - To cap the betting is to make the last permitted raise in a round.
- DEAD MONEY - Money contributed to the pot by players who have folded.
- FOURTH STREET - In stud poker, the fourth card dealt to each player. Sometimes used to refer to the fourth community card dealt in Hold'em, although the more common term for this is TURN (q.v.).