Empire, Party Close to Settlement; New Partnership Possible?
Empire Online, operator of online poker room, Empire Poker, said today that it was in “advanced discussions” with former partner, PartyGaming …
Related Poker News:
- Empire Poker And Party Poker In Discussion
- Empire Online settlement with PartyGaming close at hand
- Empire Poker Knew Of Possible Damage
- Another Good Reason Not To Play At Empire Poker
- Online Poker War Heats Up - Empire Sues Party For $1 Billion
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- Empire Online Threatens To Sue Party Gaming
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- The Empire fights back
- PartyGaming Takes Over Empire Online For $250 Million
- Party Stock Rises on U.S. Settlement Rumor
- The Online Poker Empire Still Stands: Empire Online Reports Significant Growth in Fourth Quarter
- FORCED BET - In some stud games a player may be required to make a bet to start the action on the first card. This is similar conceptually to blinds and antes, but in this case is dependent on the cards shown rather than player position. Usually the weakest hand is forced to bet.
- INSIDE STRAIGHT - Four cards to a straight, where only one rank will complete the hand. E.g., 4-5-6-8 is an inside straight since only a 7 will fill (i.e., complete) the hand. Often called a GUT-SHOT. Compare: BOBTAIL STRAIGHT, OPEN-ENDED STRAIGHT.
- TOP TWO PAIR - In flop games, having hole cards that make the highest possible two pair hand.
- FISH - A player who loses money. An old saying is "If you can't spot the fish at the table, *you* are the fish.".
- TRIP - Three of a specific kind, as in "Trip sixes".
- WHEEL - A-2-3-4-5. Usually discussed in the context of lowball where it is the best possible hand. Can also refer to a 5-high straight in high games. Also: BICYCLE.