The Online Poker Empire Still Stands: Empire Online Reports Significant Growth in Fourth Quarter
Empire Online surprised investors today when it announced startlingly positive fourth quarter results for the 2005 fiscal year. After Party Gaming separated its main online poker platform and player base from Empire Poker and other white label poker sites in early October, Many thought Empire’s ship had sunk.
Related Poker News:
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- Empire Poker Still Popular
- Empire Poker Knew Of Possible Damage
- Poker Loss Hits Empire Sales
- Empire, Party Close to Settlement; New Partnership Possible?
- Dip In Empire Online Poker Empire
- Another Good Reason Not To Play At Empire Poker
- Empire Poker No Longer The Place To Play Online Poker
- PartyGaming Approaches Empire Online About a Takeover
- Poker War Has Begun
Useful poker information:
- INSIDE STRAIGHT - Four cards to a straight, where only one rank will complete the hand. E.g., 4-5-6-8 is an inside straight since only a 7 will fill (i.e., complete) the hand. Often called a GUT-SHOT. Compare: BOBTAIL STRAIGHT, OPEN-ENDED STRAIGHT.
- ASSAULT RIFLE - In Omaha, hole cards that are A-K-4-7 of any suit(s).
- POSSIBLE [STRAIGHT/FLUSH] - Up cards that quite possibly could lead to a straight and/or a flush.
- FIFTH STREET - In stud poker, the fifth card to be dealt to each player. Sometimes used to refer to the last card dealt in Hold'em, although the more common term for this is RIVER (q.v.).
- LIMIT POKER - A poker game wherein the amount to be bet is fixed, or at most variable within a prescribed minimum and maximum. Ant.: NO-LIMIT POKER.
- DRAW OUT - To catch a card that improves your situation from a losing hand to a winning hand, especially when you beat someone holding a hand that usually figures to win.