The Online Poker Empire Still Stands: Empire Online Reports Significant Growth in Fourth Quarter
Empire Online surprised investors today when it announced startlingly positive fourth quarter results for the 2005 fiscal year. After Party Gaming separated its main online poker platform and player base from Empire Poker and other white label poker sites in early October, Many thought Empire’s ship had sunk.
Related Poker News:
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- Empire Poker Still Popular
- Empire Poker Knew Of Possible Damage
- Poker Loss Hits Empire Sales
- Empire, Party Close to Settlement; New Partnership Possible?
- Dip In Empire Online Poker Empire
- Another Good Reason Not To Play At Empire Poker
- Empire Poker No Longer The Place To Play Online Poker
- PartyGaming Approaches Empire Online About a Takeover
- Poker War Has Begun
- OUT -  A card that will improve your hand, often substantially. A hand with many OUTS is preferable to a hand with only 1 or 2.  Folded, ineligible to bet or win this hand. "I'm out" is often a synonym for "I fold".
- FLUSH - A poker hand consisting of five cards all one suit.
- DECLARE - In high/low games, declaring one's hand as high or low or both ways (usually done with chips in hand). Usually played in home games; casinos tend to play CARDS SPEAK.
- ASSAULT RIFLE - In Omaha, hole cards that are A-K-4-7 of any suit(s).
- MUCK -  A collection of face-down cards near the dealer composed of discards, i.e., folded hands, burns and discards for drawing purposes.  To throw one's cards into the muck, thus folding.
- EXPECTATION - The long-run [dis-]advantage of a given situation, specifically without reference to any particular outcome. I.e., what you figure to win [lose] on average after a large number of repetitions of the same situation.