The Online Poker Empire Still Stands: Empire Online Reports Significant Growth in Fourth Quarter
Empire Online surprised investors today when it announced startlingly positive fourth quarter results for the 2005 fiscal year. After Party Gaming separated its main online poker platform and player base from Empire Poker and other white label poker sites in early October, Many thought Empire’s ship had sunk.
Related Poker News:
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- Empire Poker Still Popular
- Empire Poker Knew Of Possible Damage
- Poker Loss Hits Empire Sales
- Empire, Party Close to Settlement; New Partnership Possible?
- Dip In Empire Online Poker Empire
- Another Good Reason Not To Play At Empire Poker
- Empire Poker No Longer The Place To Play Online Poker
- PartyGaming Approaches Empire Online About a Takeover
- Poker War Has Begun
- CRYING CALL - A call made with little chance of ultimately winning, but marginally better than an immediate fold.
- BICYCLE - The best possible low hand: A-2-3-4-5. More common term: WHEEL.
- DOOR [CARD] - A player's first upcard in stud games.
- POT LIMIT - A game where the maximum bet is determined by the size of the pot at the time. Note that a player wanting to raise first calls the bet, then totals the pot to determine the maximum amount he can raise.
- ONE-EYED - The jack of hearts, jack of spades or king of diamonds. So named because the characters are drawn in profile, thus showing only one eye.
- POSITION - One's location in the betting sequence, relative to the players still in the hand. First position is first to act.