The Online Poker Empire Still Stands: Empire Online Reports Significant Growth in Fourth Quarter
Empire Online surprised investors today when it announced startlingly positive fourth quarter results for the 2005 fiscal year. After Party Gaming separated its main online poker platform and player base from Empire Poker and other white label poker sites in early October, Many thought Empire’s ship had sunk.
Related Poker News:
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- Empire Poker Still Popular
- Empire Poker Knew Of Possible Damage
- Poker Loss Hits Empire Sales
- Empire, Party Close to Settlement; New Partnership Possible?
- Dip In Empire Online Poker Empire
- Another Good Reason Not To Play At Empire Poker
- Empire Poker No Longer The Place To Play Online Poker
- PartyGaming Approaches Empire Online About a Takeover
- Poker War Has Begun
- PROP - Also PROPOSITION PLAYER. An employee of the gaming establishment whose primary purpose is to keep enough players at a table to prevent breaking up the game for lack of players. Unlike SHILLs "props" make a small hourly wage but play with their own money, winning or losing based on their skill.
- PAT - Holding or being dealt a pat hand. "I'm pat" would mean "I don't want to draw any cards.
- TRIPS - Three of a kind. In Hold'em the term SET is used when two of the three cards are hole cards.
- CUT - To break the deck into 2 stacks of at least 5 cards each. Usually performed by the player to the dealer's right to insure that the the deck is not stacked.
- BET - To put money into the pot, pursuant to the rules of the game, thus maintaining a chance of winning the pot.
- DECLARE - In high/low games, declaring one's hand as high or low or both ways (usually done with chips in hand). Usually played in home games; casinos tend to play CARDS SPEAK.