The Online Poker Empire Still Stands: Empire Online Reports Significant Growth in Fourth Quarter
Empire Online surprised investors today when it announced startlingly positive fourth quarter results for the 2005 fiscal year. After Party Gaming separated its main online poker platform and player base from Empire Poker and other white label poker sites in early October, Many thought Empire’s ship had sunk.
Related Poker News:
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- Empire Poker Still Popular
- Empire Poker Knew Of Possible Damage
- Poker Loss Hits Empire Sales
- Empire, Party Close to Settlement; New Partnership Possible?
- Dip In Empire Online Poker Empire
- Another Good Reason Not To Play At Empire Poker
- Empire Poker No Longer The Place To Play Online Poker
- PartyGaming Approaches Empire Online About a Takeover
- Poker War Has Begun
- TRIP - Three of a specific kind, as in "Trip sixes".
- ANTE - A small bet all players are required to make before a hand is dealt. Not all games have an ante. Related terms: BLIND, FORCED BET.
- DRAWING DEAD - A draw in which it is impossible to obtain a winning hand for any of a variety of reasons: an opponent's hand is better than whatever you are drawing to, the card(s) that make your hand are out of play, or (in Hold'em) give an opponent a stronger hand even if it makes yours. Frequently used in the past tense, since one rarely knows it at the time.
- OMAHA - A variant of Hold'em where each player receives 4 hole cards and must use exactly two of them (together with 3 of 5 board cards) to make a hand. Often played high-low split with an 8 qualifier for low.
- LATE POSITION - For a particular betting round, a player who does not have to act until most of the other players have acted.
- FOUR OF A KIND - A hand containing all four cards of the same rank.