Paddy Power Poker Pays Scots
It makes sense in a cosmic sort of way; the winners of the first ever paddypowerpoker.com poker event, called the Grand Slam, are a team of poker players from Scotland. Held at the Star City Casino in Birmingham on January 11th and 12th, the Grand Slam saw teams from all over the United Kingdom as well as parts of Europe. Sweden, France, Wales, England, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and, of course, Scotland, all were represented by teams of poker players.
The team prize of 110,000 was paid out to the Scots, and there were individual prizes of 50,000, 30,000 and 20,000 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively…
Related Poker News:
- Scots Win Paddy Power Poker Event
- Online poker pays off for Paddy Power as almost 10,000 customers sign up
- Luck Of The Irish For Paddy Poker
- Paddy Power Poker offers $200 000 to become a poker pro
- Paddy Power Issues Invite to Obama
- Paddy Power Poker Unveil Paddy’s Green Card
- Paddy Power Poker Upgrades VIP Program
- Paddy Power Poker Promos Continue into New Year
- Paddy Power Introduces Ticket Only Events Ahead of Irish Poker 2010
- Paddy Power Poker Launches Lucky Score Tournament
- Paddy Power Poker launches November Nine promotion
- Paddy Power Poker wins Battle of Tribeca
Useful poker information:
- BLACK - When referring to chips, black usually stands for $100 casino chips. "This guy sits down with a stack of blacks and raises the first bet." Not ALL casinos use black for $100 but that is the common usage.
- POCKET PAIR - Generic Hold'em term for 2 hole cards of the same rank.
- FLAT LIMIT - A variant of fixed limit where all bets are the same amount.
- IMPLIED ODDS - A refinement to POT ODDS which includes money not yet in the pot. Considers the potential extra bets and winnings made when a player forms a very good hand.
- ACTION - Money that is being bet. "NO ACTION" means a hand or game has few bettors and fewer raisers. "Gimme some action" is ostensibly a plea for calls and raises.
- BOARD - The exposed cards in Hold'em and stud. Also BOARD CARDS.