Paddy Power Poker Pays Scots
It makes sense in a cosmic sort of way; the winners of the first ever paddypowerpoker.com poker event, called the Grand Slam, are a team of poker players from Scotland. Held at the Star City Casino in Birmingham on January 11th and 12th, the Grand Slam saw teams from all over the United Kingdom as well as parts of Europe. Sweden, France, Wales, England, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and, of course, Scotland, all were represented by teams of poker players.
The team prize of 110,000 was paid out to the Scots, and there were individual prizes of 50,000, 30,000 and 20,000 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively…
Related Poker News:
- Scots Win Paddy Power Poker Event
- Online poker pays off for Paddy Power as almost 10,000 customers sign up
- Luck Of The Irish For Paddy Poker
- Paddy Power Poker offers $200 000 to become a poker pro
- Paddy Power Issues Invite to Obama
- Paddy Power Poker Unveil Paddy’s Green Card
- Paddy Power Poker Upgrades VIP Program
- Paddy Power Poker Promos Continue into New Year
- Paddy Power Introduces Ticket Only Events Ahead of Irish Poker 2010
- Paddy Power Poker Launches Lucky Score Tournament
- Paddy Power Poker launches November Nine promotion
- Paddy Power Poker wins Battle of Tribeca
- INSIDE STRAIGHT - Four cards to a straight, where only one rank will complete the hand. E.g., 4-5-6-8 is an inside straight since only a 7 will fill (i.e., complete) the hand. Often called a GUT-SHOT. Compare: BOBTAIL STRAIGHT, OPEN-ENDED STRAIGHT.
- STAKE - The amount of a player's BUY-IN, or the amount of money they are willing to play with in a given session. Compare: BANKROLL.
- LIVE [CARD] - In Stud, a card probably not held by other players.
- FIXED LIMIT - A betting structure where the amount of each bet is a specific fixed quantity. Usually specified as A-B, where A is the amount to bet in the first few betting rounds and B (larger than A) is the amount bet in the later rounds. Related terms: FLAT LIMIT, NO LIMIT, POT LIMIT, SPREAD LIMIT.
- THIRD STREET - In Stud, the third card dealt to each player.
- AMERICAN AIRLINES - In Hold'em, a pair of Aces in the hole. Better known (at least in rec.gambling) as POCKET ROCKETS.