Poker War Has Begun
Empire Online warned their former partner PartyGaming that it was coming. In mid November Empire made a statement that they intended to seek legal recourses against PartyGaming, and now they have. On Tuesday Empire began legal proceedings, claiming breech of contract, in the High Court of Gibraltar…
Related Poker Industry News:
- College Poker Life: University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD
- The Pigskin Diaries Vol. 8: Hello,
- You are currently viewing this from 126.96.36.199 -
- Coming Thursday: Video poker debated
- The $15,000 Carbon League is in Full Swing
- The Greek moment in the Lebanese forest To hasten the game of the edge of the abyss to entrench new political …
- MySpace.com: A Growing Source For All Things Poker, Part 2
- Tranfser poker begins for Bremen’s Oezil
- PokerStars EPT Vilamoura Day 1a: Fun in the Portuguese Sun
- PartyPoker Jumper Freeroll Tomorrow
- Hampshire wants public to ante up video poker views
- PokerNews $500 Freeroll on Bodog
- ACTION - Money that is being bet. "NO ACTION" means a hand or game has few bettors and fewer raisers. "Gimme some action" is ostensibly a plea for calls and raises.
- COMPUTER HAND - Texas Hold'em hole cards of Q-7 offsuit. More generically, any hand that computer analysis/simulation determines is positive but turns out to be difficult to play in practice.
- BUTTON CHARGE - A periodic fee paid by whoever is the button, perhaps every 20 minutes or 30 minutes. Constitutes part or all of the HOUSE CUT.
- CUT - To break the deck into 2 stacks of at least 5 cards each. Usually performed by the player to the dealer's right to insure that the the deck is not stacked.
- TABLE STAKES - A standard rule whereby during a hand players can only bet the money they have on the table. If the bet to a player is more than the player's stack, that player may call with all his chips and be eligible to win only that portion of the pot he contributed to equally. A side pot is created, for which only the remaining players may compete.
- MILES OF BAD ROAD - Three of a kind. Prefixed with a number, 3*<N>, to indicate 3 <N>s. Thus "24 miles of bad road" is 3 eights, etc. (This obviously doesn't work for face cards.)