Poker War Has Begun
Empire Online warned their former partner PartyGaming that it was coming. In mid November Empire made a statement that they intended to seek legal recourses against PartyGaming, and now they have. On Tuesday Empire began legal proceedings, claiming breech of contract, in the High Court of Gibraltar…
Related Poker Industry News:
- College Poker Life: University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD
- The Pigskin Diaries Vol. 8: Hello,
- You are currently viewing this from 126.96.36.199 -
- Coming Thursday: Video poker debated
- The $15,000 Carbon League is in Full Swing
- The Greek moment in the Lebanese forest To hasten the game of the edge of the abyss to entrench new political …
- MySpace.com: A Growing Source For All Things Poker, Part 2
- Tranfser poker begins for Bremen’s Oezil
- PokerStars EPT Vilamoura Day 1a: Fun in the Portuguese Sun
- PartyPoker Jumper Freeroll Tomorrow
- Hampshire wants public to ante up video poker views
- PokerNews $500 Freeroll on Bodog
- FIXED LIMIT - A betting structure where the amount of each bet is a specific fixed quantity. Usually specified as A-B, where A is the amount to bet in the first few betting rounds and B (larger than A) is the amount bet in the later rounds. Related terms: FLAT LIMIT, NO LIMIT, POT LIMIT, SPREAD LIMIT.
- DOUBLE BELLY BUSTER - A two-way inside straight. E.g., 3-5-6-7-9.
- POT - The total amount of money bet so far in a hand.
- REBUY -  To purchase additional chips after an initial buy-in, usually after losing most or all of the previous buy-in. This term is most often used in certain tournaments where if one loses all one's chips, or falls below a certain minimum chip level, for an additional sum of money one can purchase a fixed amount of additional tournament chips. Usually there is a time limit (The "REBUY PERIOD") as to how long rebuys are allowed.  The additional chips "rebought" in tournament play.
- PASS - Opposite of bet. To check, if checked to. To fold, if bet to.
- INSIDE STRAIGHT - Four cards to a straight, where only one rank will complete the hand. E.g., 4-5-6-8 is an inside straight since only a 7 will fill (i.e., complete) the hand. Often called a GUT-SHOT. Compare: BOBTAIL STRAIGHT, OPEN-ENDED STRAIGHT.