Empire Poker Knew Of Possible Damage
Closely watched by investors and poker enthusiast alike, the battle between online poker rooms Empire Online and Party Poker rages on, with new information coming out that could hurt Empire Onlines case.
Party moved to separate the poker system used by its own players from that used by players at its partner companies like Empire. When the change went into effect, it moved all of Partys players to a new and improved platform with better features, while keeping Empire players on an inferior platform. Empire is talking about legal action against Party Poker, since their shares have dropped since the change.
It turns out that Empire Online received a written warning that its relationship with Party Gaming might be changed in a negative way…
Related Poker Rooms and Poker Industry News:
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- Another Good Reason Not To Play At Empire Poker
- Empire Poker Still Popular
- Poker Loss Hits Empire Sales
- Dip In Empire Online Poker Empire
- Empire, Party Close to Settlement; New Partnership Possible?
- Empire Poker No Longer The Place To Play Online Poker
- Poker War Has Begun
- PartyGaming Approaches Empire Online About a Takeover
- The Online Poker Empire Still Stands: Empire Online Reports Significant Growth in Fourth Quarter
Useful poker information:
- EDGE - An advantage over an opponent, either specific or subjective.
- FLOP -  In Hold'em, the first three community cards, dealt simultaneously.  To deal a flop, or to make a hand on a flop. "I flopped trips".
- PAT - Holding or being dealt a pat hand. "I'm pat" would mean "I don't want to draw any cards.
- FISH - A player who loses money. An old saying is "If you can't spot the fish at the table, *you* are the fish.".
- LATE BLIND - In addition to "regular" blinds, some games allow a player (particularly a new one) to post a blind bet in return for the right to enter the game immediately and act last on the first betting round. The amount of the blind is determined by house rules, usually somewhere between the last blind and double the last blind. It is frequently a LIVE BLIND.
- OVERCALL - To call a bet after one or more players already called.