Empire Poker Knew Of Possible Damage
Closely watched by investors and poker enthusiast alike, the battle between online poker rooms Empire Online and Party Poker rages on, with new information coming out that could hurt Empire Onlines case.
Party moved to separate the poker system used by its own players from that used by players at its partner companies like Empire. When the change went into effect, it moved all of Partys players to a new and improved platform with better features, while keeping Empire players on an inferior platform. Empire is talking about legal action against Party Poker, since their shares have dropped since the change.
It turns out that Empire Online received a written warning that its relationship with Party Gaming might be changed in a negative way…
Related Poker Rooms and Poker Industry News:
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- Another Good Reason Not To Play At Empire Poker
- Empire Poker Still Popular
- Poker Loss Hits Empire Sales
- Dip In Empire Online Poker Empire
- Empire, Party Close to Settlement; New Partnership Possible?
- Empire Poker No Longer The Place To Play Online Poker
- Poker War Has Begun
- PartyGaming Approaches Empire Online About a Takeover
- The Online Poker Empire Still Stands: Empire Online Reports Significant Growth in Fourth Quarter
- TOP PAIR - In flop games, having a hole card that matches the highest card on the board.
- MAIN POT - The main pot, as related to one or more side pots, when there are one or more all-in player(s). The main pot is the one in which all active players participate.
- SHOWDOWN - The point at the end of the hand where all active players reveal their cards and the pot is awarded to the winner(s).
- TURN - The fourth community card in Hold'em.
- BIG BOBTAIL - An open-ended 4-card straight flush.
- RUNNER-RUNNER - A hand made using both of the last two cards dealt.