Empire Poker Still Popular
Poker giant PartyGaming has its eye on Empire Poker, and profit warnings are being talked about around the Internet, but despite what some would consider bleak prospects, the online poker room Empire Poker is doing just fine. In fact players are still finding it a great place to gamble.
A poker information and statistics provider, Whichpoker.com, reported that Empire Poker is still a very popular choice for online poker players; for the week ending October 30, 2005 Whichpoker.com measured a peak of 5,212 active real money players on Empire Poker, which is the site operated by Empire Online. This despite the schism between them and PartyGaming, which left Empire Poker’s players isolated with no way to connect to PartyPoker.com’s thousands of money players….
Related Online Poker and Poker Industry News:
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- Another Good Reason Not To Play At Empire Poker
- Poker Loss Hits Empire Sales
- Empire Poker Knew Of Possible Damage
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- Dip In Empire Online Poker Empire
- Empire, Party Close to Settlement; New Partnership Possible?
- Empire Poker No Longer The Place To Play Online Poker
- Poker War Has Begun
- PartyGaming Approaches Empire Online About a Takeover
- The Online Poker Empire Still Stands: Empire Online Reports Significant Growth in Fourth Quarter
- RAKE - Money taken from each pot and given to the house in return for hosting the game. Usually a percentage of the pot (5%-10%) up to some maximum amount.
- BUTTON CHARGE - A periodic fee paid by whoever is the button, perhaps every 20 minutes or 30 minutes. Constitutes part or all of the HOUSE CUT.
- STRAIGHT FLUSH - A hand consisting of 5 cards in sequence and the same suit.
- SUITED - Two or more cards all the same suit. Ant: OFF-SUIT.
- MITES AND LICE - A hand consisting of two pair, threes over twos.
- BLANK - Used in describing stud and Hold'em games. Refers to a dealt card that does not offer any value; stating the actual rank and suit would detract from a description of the hand. "The last card was a blank.".