Empire Poker Still Popular
Poker giant PartyGaming has its eye on Empire Poker, and profit warnings are being talked about around the Internet, but despite what some would consider bleak prospects, the online poker room Empire Poker is doing just fine. In fact players are still finding it a great place to gamble.
A poker information and statistics provider, Whichpoker.com, reported that Empire Poker is still a very popular choice for online poker players; for the week ending October 30, 2005 Whichpoker.com measured a peak of 5,212 active real money players on Empire Poker, which is the site operated by Empire Online. This despite the schism between them and PartyGaming, which left Empire Poker’s players isolated with no way to connect to PartyPoker.com’s thousands of money players….
Related Online Poker and Poker Industry News:
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- Another Good Reason Not To Play At Empire Poker
- Poker Loss Hits Empire Sales
- Empire Poker Knew Of Possible Damage
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- Dip In Empire Online Poker Empire
- Empire, Party Close to Settlement; New Partnership Possible?
- Empire Poker No Longer The Place To Play Online Poker
- Poker War Has Begun
- PartyGaming Approaches Empire Online About a Takeover
- The Online Poker Empire Still Stands: Empire Online Reports Significant Growth in Fourth Quarter
- STAKE - The amount of a player's BUY-IN, or the amount of money they are willing to play with in a given session. Compare: BANKROLL.
- INSIDE STRAIGHT - Four cards to a straight, where only one rank will complete the hand. E.g., 4-5-6-8 is an inside straight since only a 7 will fill (i.e., complete) the hand. Often called a GUT-SHOT. Compare: BOBTAIL STRAIGHT, OPEN-ENDED STRAIGHT.
- HOUSE RULE - Rules and interpretations (e.g., use of wild cards, or rules on having to show beaten hands) that are specific to an establishment or even tables within the establishment.
- FACE CARD - A jack, queen or king (a card with a face on it, not joker).
- ROYAL FLUSH - An ace-high straight flush, the best possible hand in regular poker.
- PAY OFF - Calling a bet with little expectation of winning, unless the opponent is bluffing.