Empire Poker Still Popular
Poker giant PartyGaming has its eye on Empire Poker, and profit warnings are being talked about around the Internet, but despite what some would consider bleak prospects, the online poker room Empire Poker is doing just fine. In fact players are still finding it a great place to gamble.
A poker information and statistics provider, Whichpoker.com, reported that Empire Poker is still a very popular choice for online poker players; for the week ending October 30, 2005 Whichpoker.com measured a peak of 5,212 active real money players on Empire Poker, which is the site operated by Empire Online. This despite the schism between them and PartyGaming, which left Empire Poker’s players isolated with no way to connect to PartyPoker.com’s thousands of money players….
Related Online Poker and Poker Industry News:
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- Another Good Reason Not To Play At Empire Poker
- Poker Loss Hits Empire Sales
- Empire Poker Knew Of Possible Damage
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- Dip In Empire Online Poker Empire
- Empire, Party Close to Settlement; New Partnership Possible?
- Empire Poker No Longer The Place To Play Online Poker
- Poker War Has Begun
- PartyGaming Approaches Empire Online About a Takeover
- The Online Poker Empire Still Stands: Empire Online Reports Significant Growth in Fourth Quarter
- HIGH-LOW SPLIT - Forms of poker in which the pot is split between the best hand and best lowball hand.
- THIRD STREET - In Stud, the third card dealt to each player.
- SPLIT [OPENERS] - In draw poker, to discard one or more openers, usually to draw to a straight or flush. Normally requires the opener to declare the act and retain the discards so that the act of opening can later be validated.
- BLANK - Used in describing stud and Hold'em games. Refers to a dealt card that does not offer any value; stating the actual rank and suit would detract from a description of the hand. "The last card was a blank.".
- WALK - A pot won by the last blind when no one opens.
- RING GAME - A standard game where players can come and go as they choose. The opposite of TOURNAMENT.