PartyGaming Approaches Empire Online About a Takeover
Nov. 3 — PartyGaming Plc, the owner of the PartyPoker Web site, said it may buy Empire Online Ltd. to grab a greater share of the $8.2 billion Internet gaming market as growth slows. Empire’s stock rose as much as 9.1 percent.The proposal is the second for Empire, which helps poker and casino Web sites win business and in September ended talks on a possible takeover by Sportingbet Plc. Empire, which has a market value of about 350 million pounds ($622 million), confirmed the approach today in a …
Related Poker Industry News:
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settlement with PartyGaming close at hand
- Empire Online Sues PartyGaming for Breach of Contract
- Online Poker Feud Ending
- PartyGaming Outplay Empire In The Biggest Poker Game
- Poker War Has Begun
- Empire Poker Still Popular
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- Empire Poker to Sue PartyGaming
- PartyGaming Buys Empire Poker
- Former Poker Pals Clash
- BAD GAME - Any game in which you figure to be the loser, because the other players are better than you.
- TELL - Any personal mannerisms that reveal the quality of one's hand. E.g., constantly looking at one's hole cards is often a tell of a poor hand. (Some players, knowing this, will at times check their hole cards when they have a great hand and don't need to look.)
- RACE - In tournaments it is sometimes convenient to remove all lower-denomination chips from play, as the remaining players' stacks tend to grow. Small chips are converted to larger chips and any odd chips are "raced off" in the following way: each player with odd chips places them in front of his stack and is dealt one card for each chip. Highest card (rank and suit) takes all the small chips and converts them to higher-denomination chips.
- STRAIGHT - A hand consisting of 5 cards in sequence but not in suit.
- LAY ODDS - To give favorable odds to an opponent.
- BARN - A FULL HOUSE, three of a kind and a pair.