PartyGaming Approaches Empire Online About a Takeover
Nov. 3 — PartyGaming Plc, the owner of the PartyPoker Web site, said it may buy Empire Online Ltd. to grab a greater share of the $8.2 billion Internet gaming market as growth slows. Empire’s stock rose as much as 9.1 percent.The proposal is the second for Empire, which helps poker and casino Web sites win business and in September ended talks on a possible takeover by Sportingbet Plc. Empire, which has a market value of about 350 million pounds ($622 million), confirmed the approach today in a …
Related Poker Industry News:
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settlement with PartyGaming close at hand
- Empire Online Sues PartyGaming for Breach of Contract
- Online Poker Feud Ending
- PartyGaming Outplay Empire In The Biggest Poker Game
- Poker War Has Begun
- Empire Poker Still Popular
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- Empire Poker to Sue PartyGaming
- PartyGaming Buys Empire Poker
- Former Poker Pals Clash
Useful poker terms:
- SMALL BLIND - In games with two blinds the first blind is the SMALL BLIND because it is usually one-half (or less) the second or large blind.
- COLD CALL - Calling both a bet and raise at the same time, as opposed to calling a bet then later calling a raise made after the call.
- MITES AND LICE - A hand consisting of two pair, threes over twos.
- REPRESENT - Implying, by one's betting style, that one has a particular hand.
- TO GO - The current betting level, as in "$20 to go" meaning every player must contribute $20 (total) or drop. A $10 raise would then make the pot "$30 to go".
- HIT - To make a hand or catch a card or cards that improves one's hand. "I hit a gut-shot draw on the river."