PartyGaming Approaches Empire Online About a Takeover
Nov. 3 — PartyGaming Plc, the owner of the PartyPoker Web site, said it may buy Empire Online Ltd. to grab a greater share of the $8.2 billion Internet gaming market as growth slows. Empire’s stock rose as much as 9.1 percent.The proposal is the second for Empire, which helps poker and casino Web sites win business and in September ended talks on a possible takeover by Sportingbet Plc. Empire, which has a market value of about 350 million pounds ($622 million), confirmed the approach today in a …
Related Poker Industry News:
- PartyGaming Likely to Settle Online Poker War with Empire Online for $200 Million
- PartyGaming Swallows Empire Poker for $250 Million
- Empire Online settlement with PartyGaming close at hand
- Empire Online Sues PartyGaming for Breach of Contract
- Online Poker Feud Ending
- PartyGaming Outplay Empire In The Biggest Poker Game
- Poker War Has Begun
- Empire Poker Still Popular
- Empire Online settles with PartyGaming
- Empire Poker to Sue PartyGaming
- PartyGaming Buys Empire Poker
- Former Poker Pals Clash
- TOKE - Gambling term for "tip", as in "Toke the cocktail waitress". Comes from the term "Token of appreciation".
- LAY ODDS - To give favorable odds to an opponent.
- ON THE COME - A situation where the player does not have a complete hand but hopes to make one if the right cards come up.
- SMALL BLIND - In games with two blinds the first blind is the SMALL BLIND because it is usually one-half (or less) the second or large blind.
- OVERCALL - To call a bet after one or more players already called.
- CARDS SPEAK - Winner(s) of the hand are determined by turning their cards face up, the best hand(s) wins (no declaration).