National Heads-Up Poker Championship Moving to Caesars Palace
After the surprising success of this spring’s National Heads-Up Poker Championship (NHPC), Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc. has announced that it will move the tournament from the Golden Nugget to Caesar’s Palace for the 2006 edition.
Related Poker Tournaments and Poker Industry News:
- HeadsUp Entertainment Inc. Launches National Broadcast Premiere of The 2008 Canadian Open Poker Championships
- HeadsUp Entertainment to Accelerate Growth Strategy in Canadian Poker Market
- HeadsUp Entertainment International Inc.: Richard Webb Repeats As Canadian Poker Tour National Champion
- HeadsUp Entertainment Inc. Announces the 2008 Canadian Open Poker Championships
- HeadsUp Entertainment Inc. Completes Takeover of The Canadian Poker Tour and Canadian Poker Player Magazine
- HeadsUp Entertainment Inc. Announces Poker “Super Cruise” On Royal Caribbean’s “Freedom of the Seas”
- HeadsUp Entertainment Successfully Launches Beta Test of Canadian Poker Player Television Network
- HeadsUp Entertainment International Inc.: Joe Hachem Confirmed to Play at the 2008 Canadian Open Poker Championships
- MoboVivo and HeadsUp Entertainment Bring Poker Television Online
- HeadsUp Entertainment Confirms Celebrity and Pro Players to Attend the 2008 Canadian Open Poker Championships in Calgary
- National Heads Up Poker Championship Premieres Today
- Free Online Poker Network Awards $20,000 Seat to 2010 National Heads-Up Poker Championship
Useful poker terms:
- DOYLE BRUNSON - In Hold'em, 10-2 in the hole. So named because Doyle Brunson won two straight WSOPs (q.v.) in 1975 and 1976 with 10-2 on the last hand. (Suited (spades) in 1975, unsuited in 1976).
- LITTLE SLICK - In Hold'em, hole cards of A-2, suited or not.
- LOCK - A hand that cannot be beat under any circumstances. Also: NUTS.
- BAD GAME - Any game in which you figure to be the loser, because the other players are better than you.
- FILL - To draw a card that makes a five-card hand (straight, flush, full house, straight flush).
- STACKED [DECK] - A deck that has been arranged to give one player a huge advantage. Also: RIGGED.